[SPOILERS] Maggy the Frog

IceSyckel

It might be that the one Maggy was referring to was Margaery. She was younger, no doubt of that, and she took everything Cersei hold dear (Joffrey and Tommen). But we never had a hint about their beauty. I mean, both Cersei and Margaery were described as nice looking but we've never been told who was nicest.

Now all that Cersei has is the Iron Throne. So the prophecy might instead refer to Dany who we know is younger and more beautiful. then I can see two outcomes;
- Dany would be the next Queen of Westeros, or
- Dany finally burns the city to the ground (perhaps killing Jaime?)

3 hours ago, Masha said:

Actually, there is a pretty good reason for Dany to land in Dorne. 

Main reason - because its closest Westerosi port to Slaver's Bay. Since her dragons are too big for ships and still not big enough to have stamina to fly thru whole sea, most likely the ships will go near Stepstones - line of islands that used to be a landbridge from Essos to Dorne.

Second reason, it will allow her army to get itself together and be battle worthy. The only other port they can use is Dragonstone and its not a big island - for hundred thousand horseriders who need to recover from their first sea voyage. 

I agree completely. Also - it's not like the ships have to be somewhere else.  They can certainly land in Dorne, get everyone battle ready and sail up the coast towards KL later.  It is also a likely place to confront Euron and his 1000 ships "coming around the horn" to seduce Danny, so they can tie up that plot thread, score some more battle ready ships and add the Ironborn to Danny's army.

16 hours ago, Masha said:

Going to KL straight away is a bad idea.  Here are my reasons:

First, while Dany certainly has her ships, unless she is willing to burn down the town with her dragons, she cannot handle a naval attack. She basically has perhaps a fleet of 100 (Iron-born) ships ready for battle and are still overloaded with passangers/horses, the rest are minimally manned and mostly overloaded with useless passengers. Dorthraki and Unsullied are a burden on the ships, they are a strong land-force. She must land first, and going straight to KL will present same problem as it did Stannis - he had a LOT of problems just getting his army onshore. IF Dany going to KL on attack, she will squander her advantage. She doesn't have a good mainland location south of KL to land on other than Dorne. (Stormlands are notoriously full of storms and hard to land on)

Secondly, even if Dany somehow managers to land and her landlubber passangers (Dothraki) need at least several hours/days to recover from long voyage and get themselves in formation. 

Thirdly, going full naval attack on KL will force Dany to fall prey to Euron's trap, who would have a thousand ships and will be probably allied with Cersei by then.

I did not sugest a full naval attack!

Witha an army this huge, she is able to lay siege around Kings Landing, her fleet just "lock" the Blackwater so there will be no possibility for the city to get supplies.
The landing of the army can easyly secured by the dragons, as well could every attack from inside the city answered quick and severe!
Why bothering marching the army over land (and through a desert!) from Dorne to Kings Landing? It's obvious that Kings Landing is the main goal. As always mentioned, with Dorne and the Reach as allies, Dany must not fear geting caught in the rear like Stannis!
You mentioned the Dothraki may need time to recover their sea-sickness. Yes, most likely, but from the walls of the City the poeple will not discover the state of the Army, they will only be impressed (and scared) by the by far hugest Cavallerie Westeros has ever seen...

Archived