So... what has S6 spoiled? (spoilers, obviously)

Nerevanin

3 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

That's a lot of guessing and details without anything to actually rely on imo. I can't even them if you are sarcastic or not. But hoping that, I want to clarify a few things:

1) Euron wants to marry Daenerys, why would he ask Doran for Arianne atm? The only possibility is later, like a lot later, when Euron finds out that Victarion failed to kidnap Dany or something like that.

2) Atm Loras is presumably near death in Dragonstone (or maybe Storm's End, I can't remember atm). That's a long way to go from the Riverlands. I don't see him going there after recovering, he'll surely stay by his sister's side. Why would LSH, who seems to be lead by a blind rage, even kill Loras? He is not a Frey, not a Bolton, not a Lannister, he is Tyrell who had nothing to do with Red Wedding.

3) Shireen and Selyse are on the Wall in the books, a bit out of reach of Ramsay's 20 good men. And the current whereabouts of Edric are unknown. Probably not even Davos knows where he is atm.

4) Sansa is currently engaged to Harry the Arse. Harry will probably meet a fatal accident soon, that's true. But than there is Littlefinger, who wants Sansa for himself. And than there is a thing called the Ashford theory. Plus Doran is still pretending to be a friend of the Crown, engaging his son to Sansa would make him a traitor immediately.

I can see this happen as well tbh, I really think that Stannis might win this battle.

Agree. Jon's resurrection might also happen later - from a bit later to much later - because of the emphasis on warging and second life of wargs in ADWD. In the show he was resurrected mere hours after his death.

Wait, there was a theory before that Hodor's name means "hold the door"? :eek:

I only ever saw 2 theories, 1 that Hodor was a play on Hodr a norse figure associated with the apocalypse which would be the name of the great other that Mel says cannot be spoken, and that something happened in the crypts and people were running out and Walder(Hodor) was shouting hold the door, hold the door but someone closed it on him.  That would maybe explain why he was so scared of the crypts after Ned died.  So if what happens in the books includes the time traveling brain washing then the theory was only partially accurate, but still whoever came up with it deserves some credit.

Both the burning of Shireen and "Hodor" have been confirmed as in the books.  

I also think that the big plot points from this season are in the books and that people end up in the same place that they were in the books.  

1. Jon is resurrected by Melly 

2.  Jon and Sansa meet up and are the first Stark family reunion.  Jon, Sansa, and LF are all at Winterfell at the end of the books.

3.  Stannis is killed.

4.  A Northern lord betrays Rickon and Osha.  

5.  Jon wins the Battle of the Bastards against Ramsay and is declared KitN.  

6.  Margaery, Tommen, and Myrcella all die.  I suspect that Margaery loses her trial and uses fake piety as a way to wiggle out of it like on the TV show.

7.  Cersei blows up the Great Sept and goes all mad queen.  

8. Tyrion and Dany meet.

32 minutes ago, Trudee said:

The same way Euron will Props e to Cersei theres a Therory he Will use Cersei for economical gain and when hes Done with Cersei/Arrianne he will kill her and Marry Daneres

Well, that's definitely possible but I don't know, would Euron really gain from that? Because when he kills Cersei /Arianne, the whole respective country would declare a war against him. And would Cersei / Arianne even marry a mad pirate? Cersei maybe. Arianne though?

OK Maybe there will Another reason why Euron Kills Doran, a More liklely reason is Doran is Rich and Euron needs money and When Doran says know Euron Kills Him. Also If there's a Marring Cersei thing he probably wont kill her just Have Danereas kill her and Then Propose to her with Arianne he could just simply push her of a cliff and pass it off a suicide

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I only ever saw 2 theories, 1 that Hodor was a play on Hodr a norse figure associated with the apocalypse which would be the name of the great other that Mel says cannot be spoken, and that something happened in the crypts and people were running out and Walder(Hodor) was shouting hold the door, hold the door but someone closed it on him.  That would maybe explain why he was so scared of the crypts after Ned died.  So if what happens in the books includes the time traveling brain washing then the theory was only partially accurate, but still whoever came up with it deserves some credit.

:eek: I know the theory about the mythological figure relation but I've never read the theory about the crypts.

Whoever came up with the "hold the door" theory deserves a big cake. I'd never think about something like that!

1 minute ago, Trudee said:

OK Maybe there will Another reason why Euron Kills Doran, a More liklely reason is Doran is Rich and Euron needs money and When Doran says know Euron Kills Him

So Euron wants Doran's money (is Doran even any exceptional rich?) and so he kills Doran? I'm sorry but how would Euron profit from that? Unless Doran has all his money in his pocket (then the amount wouldn't be any huge probably), Euron gets nothing but war from it.

The cutting of the Griffs entirely might suggest this book plot isn't going to go anywhere? It's hard to be confident about that so it may not be spoiler territory but to have absolutely nothing included might suggest an easy win for Dany in the books (either victory or alliance). 

2 hours ago, Coldfins said:

The cutting of the Griffs entirely might suggest this book plot isn't going to go anywhere? It's hard to be confident about that so it may not be spoiler territory but to have absolutely nothing included might suggest an easy win for Dany in the books (either victory or alliance). 

But notice what was not cut: Tyrion falling in during a battle with the stone men, and the person who pulled him out catching greyscale. 

I don't think it's very difficult for the Northern plotlines of the book to reach a similar point to where they left of in Season 6. It's easy to see a point where Littlefinger and The Vale show up to attack Bolton-held Winterfell (should Stannis lose) and then Jon shows up with his giants and wall climbers and takes the castle instead of waiting for The Vale forces to build siege works. Or perhaps Stannis takes Winterfell, The Vale besieges him, and Jon has to mediate or choose a side.

Even through all of their prior edits to the story, I have a hard time thinking D&D would change something like Jon becoming King in the North. The road to that point will undoubtedly be different, but I expect it to lead to the same destination.

20 hours ago, Coldfins said:

I think that fAegon will definitely eventually lose his war but I think that his story will have some significance because you don't introduce a Targaeryen, that hits the realm, to have no effect on the story, do you? I think that he was cut because D&D didn't want to introduce new characters and delve too deep into the history and make the story even more complicated and that they wanted to focus on already known characters.

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 0:47 PM, Nerevanin said:

So now that Season 6 is officially over, can we discuss what exactly were spoilers for the books. And what do we think that will happen in the books the same way? Or in a different way but with the same result? And what won't happen?

I'd say that there are surprisingly few spoilers, and I'd say they are:

Hide contents

- Jon somehow survives or comes back to life

- R+L=J, or at least that Jon is Lyanna's son

- the Hound is alive

- Benjen isn't lost forever, he will make an appearance, either as a corpse or as a living man

- the White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forest

- what Hodor's name means

- I think that the trial will happen in the books, but I think that Margaery will lose her trial and will be sent away or executed, Cersei will win the trial

- Tommen will probably die, just as Myrcella, Cersei will become the Queen

- Bran will leave the cave

- Arya will go back to Westeros, either on a mission by the FM or as a deserter

- Littlefinger will try to marry Sansa, outcome uncertain

What do you think? :)

Completely agree.  I also dont think Stannis will lose to Ramsey and I dont think Jon will fight Ramsey.  I feel like alot of stuff is going on in the books for something like this to happen.  I see Stannis dieing against the WW or Dany.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, Survivor92 said:

I can even see GRRM deliberately changing the books now. If he doesn't like the show (and several comments from him seem to suggest that); I would purposefully make big changes in my books if I were him.

No point in doing that. What little adaptation the show does anymore is stripped of all sense and meaning. Nothing has been spoiled that wasn't already obvious, and that handful of plot points from the books just float on a sea of meaningless garbage.

Archived