Benjen....?

OceanRunner

Something is fishy about Benjen, if Leaf knows who Bran is and she/children helped save Benjen why wouldn't she say hey your uncle is semi-alive-moslty dead-still hanging in there mentally-but his hands are cold?? Benjen is the only survivor of a White Walker attack having been stabbed by an ice blade and left for dead for the children to conveniently save him. Um wouldn't Others (maybe only if night king was around) finish off and raise the dead and use them? (Only Sam got away but because he was no threat, and no use to them) Plus doesnt shoving dragon glass into a chess as seen make you a White Walker? What if Benjen is being used by the nights king (he can turn babies into Whites)...think if Benjen knows these magic rules now about children and raven and etc especially knowing the wall is magic, wouldnt he also know that allowing Bran to cross marked would make it easy for the others to cross breaking the walls magic? Yet he helps Bran get to the wall? He also happens to be in the right place at the right time to save them. With the interest NK has in Jon, maybe Benjen being Stark would peek NK interest as well...just a theory and question. I may just be wrong here but idk somethings off.

Is Benjen to be believed as good?

Yes, he's good. With D&D, the best answer is always either the simplest or the stupidest one. It varies, but it's never more complicated than that. 

Don't overthink it. You'll be giving it more thought than the actual writers.

Else you fall into black holes like Arya-was-secretly-Jaqen-and-was-testing-the-Waif. 

5 hours ago, Balerion06 said:

Yes, he's good. With D&D, the best answer is always either the simplest or the stupidest one. It varies, but it's never more complicated than that. 

Don't overthink it. You'll be giving it more thought than the actual writers.

Else you fall into black holes like Arya-was-secretly-Jaqen-and-was-testing-the-Waif. 

It bugged me, but I did eventually come to the same conclusion you have.  There has never once been anything complicated that has panned out here.

One can almost understand why they have chosen to do this, but it still makes me sad.

Stil, those are the rules we live under, and to imagine anything else is just asking to be forever disappointed.

At least this way, if one is wrong, it's a pleasant thing.

2 hours ago, OceanRunner said:

Kinda makes sense though, I agree d&d are watering t all down but still something to think about 

20 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It bugged me, but I did eventually come to the same conclusion you have.  There has never once been anything complicated that has panned out here.

One can almost understand why they have chosen to do this, but it still makes me sad.

Stil, those are the rules we live under, and to imagine anything else is just asking to be forever disappointed.

At least this way, if one is wrong, it's a pleasant thing.

To be fair, I can totally see Benjen being up to darker stuff in the books. I just don't see it panning out in the show. Though I admit it's somewhat curious they decided to bring him back, considering they're interested in wrapping up as quickly as possible and they could have just handwaved Benjen dying offscreeen. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Honestly, I think you're forgetting the biggest piece of suspicious evidence about Benjen.

How is it that he was able to fight off the few undead to continue running after Bran and escape with them? Why didn't the entire army of the dead follow Bran?

Why is it that the Night King and his dead couldn't keep up with them, to make certain that the 3 eyed raven was truly gone for good? The dead have their own undead horses to move quickly.

Though I'll agree, it seems like the most likely explanation will be bad writing on D&D's part.

20 hours ago, ShadowLiberal said:

Honestly, I think you're forgetting the biggest piece of suspicious evidence about Benjen.

How is it that he was able to fight off the few undead to continue running after Bran and escape with them? Why didn't the entire army of the dead follow Bran?

Why is it that the Night King and his dead couldn't keep up with them, to make certain that the 3 eyed raven was truly gone for good? The dead have their own undead horses to move quickly.

Though I'll agree, it seems like the most likely explanation will be bad writing on D&D's part.

Not “bad writing”, but plot-driven parsimony of complications, a perfectly reasonable measure. 

My theory is/was (and I posted it elsewhere) in the books Coldhands is being warged by Bran in the future in order to guide himself to the tree as a closed loop.  In the show I think it's probably true as well I just don't think they will show it.  I don't think they will show him ever again in the show.  I don't think they ever wanted to but needed a believable way to get Bran back to the wall.

Archived