Until there comes an Other

This is my first attempt at a tinfoil-theory, so sorry if this sounds ridiculous. I just came up with this on the fly in a different thread.

As we know, Maggy the Frog makes three prophecies, one of which is in answer to Cersei's question: "I will be queen, though?"

Maggy says: "Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

I was wondering, what if Maggy doesn't say "another", but instead "an Other", meaning one of the Others. The wording would then be:

"Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes an Other, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

So, if this is what she actually says, it would imo mean that Cersei will be killed by a young Other. What do you guys think, is there a chance of this having any creedence whatsoever or is it as crazy as the weird lemontree-thing?

35 minutes ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

This is my first attempt at a tinfoil-theory, so sorry if this sounds ridiculous. I just came up with this on the fly in a different thread.

As we know, Maggy the Frog makes three prophecies, one of which is in answer to Cersei's question: "I will be queen, though?"

Maggy says: "Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

I was wondering, what if Maggy doesn't say "another", but instead "an Other", meaning one of the Others. The wording would then be:

"Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes an Other, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

So, if this is what she actually says, it would imo mean that Cersei will be killed by a young Other. What do you guys think, is there a chance of this having any creedence whatsoever or is it as crazy as the weird lemontree-thing?

Much crazier than lemon tree thing, but nevertheless I enjoyed it. We really need WOW but in the meantime, keep the tinfoil on!

I just don't see how the term beautiful fits in here.  Sansa, Dany, these women can be said to be more traditionally beautiful and Cersei, or Brienne could be said to be more beautiful from jaimes perspective because he actually cares for her or because she has a beautiful soul.  But even if you thought a WW looked beautiful, it would be impossible to compare a humans beauty to that of  WW.

2 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I just don't see how the term beautiful fits in here. 

Not that I want to press this theory, but:

They are strange, beautiful… think, oh… the Sidhe made of ice, something like that… a different sort of life… inhuman, elegant, dangerous." --GRRM

47 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Sorry, but I had to check. The spelling is another, not an Other.   Wouldn't be ironic though! 

Well considering it was Cersei's memory that gives us the quote the spelling is what I would expect even if it were the case

45 minutes ago, Johnimus said:

Given what we know of the others, the "younger" bit kind of rules this out.

And not necessarily true if you consider the Mountain an Other. I don't really know how he could be considered beautiful now but since we have no description maybe something is there. Or maybe Qyburn will Mountainize someone else.

PS I don't consider the Mountain an Other but more like a white walker, I am just saying...

To the OP: I wouldn't say I have much expectations this is the case, but a very nice crackpot and fun to think about

1 minute ago, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

Well considering it was Cersei's memory that gives us the quote the spelling is what I would expect even if it were the case

And not necessarily true if you consider the Mountain an Other. I don't really know how he could be considered beautiful now but since we have no description maybe something is there. Or maybe Qyburn will Mountainize someone else.

To the OP: I wouldn't say I have much expectations this is the case, but a very nice crackpot and fun to think about

Could be, but Martin has tricked us more than once with punctuation alone.   I can only imagine what he can do with terms and words.   

Just now, Curled Finger said:

Could be, but Martin has tricked us more than once with punctuation alone.   I can only imagine what he can do with terms and words.   

And it wouldn't be the first time he had a POV misremember when Sansa remembered the kiss that wasn't. Combining two words seems a much easier mental mistake to make

21 hours ago, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

PS I don't consider the Mountain an Other but more like a white walker, I am just saying...

It's my understanding that white walkers and others are different words for the same thing and their undead thralls are called wights. I don't know that we have a name for what Coldhands, Beric/Lady Stoneheart, and Gregor Strong are. They're made by three different kinds of magic and are clearly very different things from each other, though Coldhands is pretty similar to our wights.

23 hours ago, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

Umm... You know that Others and white walkers are not wights or reanimated humans like Beric, Catelyn and Gregor, right? 

1 hour ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

It's my understanding that white walkers and others are different words for the same thing and their undead thralls are called wights. I don't know that we have a name for what Coldhands, Beric/Lady Stoneheart, and Gregor Strong are. They're made by three different kinds of magic and are clearly very different things from each other, though Coldhands is pretty similar to our wights.

I suspect Coldhands, Beric and Catelyn have a lot in common.

On 28/6/2016 at 3:07 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I just don't see how the term beautiful fits in here.  Sansa, Dany, these women can be said to be more traditionally beautiful and Cersei, or Brienne could be said to be more beautiful from jaimes perspective because he actually cares for her or because she has a beautiful soul.  But even if you thought a WW looked beautiful, it would be impossible to compare a humans beauty to that of  WW.

I believe that the woman that the night's king married was described as pretty, wasn't she? or at least I don't remember her being described as an ugly rotting corpse... I don't really give credit to the theory but I guess an ice lady could be pretty too if you're into that sort of thing.

Archived