Jon Snow the true hero of the Series.

Storm Knight

Jon is indeed the Prince that was promised and deserves to be recognized as the true protagonist of the story.  The circumstances that led to Jon's birth fulfill the ancient prophecy so Jon is definitely destined to be the hero, but also his Upbringing and the conscious choices Jon has made throughout his life make him very heroic.  Growing up feeling left behind and somewhat an outcast, Jon has every right to be bitter, angry and resentful yet Jon is none of these and is perhaps the most selfless, and one of the most compassionate and empathetic characters in the series. In all of Jon's internalizations we never see an ounce of jealousy, malice, hatred. I'm not trying to criticize Daenerys, but she does have a sense of entitlement about herself and is prone to petulance and has difficulty practicing emotional restraint. Jon has had to make very difficult choices as well, which have at times been unpragmatic and have cost him dearly but his moral ground has never shaken and he always has a strong sense of right and wrong.

I'm all for Gray and complex characters which are very interesting but I'm glad we have one character is good and noble in his deeds and actions in every possible way. 

Archived