[Spoilers?] Houses Allegiance after s06e10 - what with Stormlands?

Petrus

Counting great houses Allegiance i cant get, who are Storm Lords loyal to by s06 finale.

About other 6 of 7 kingdoms, it is clear: Starks - North&Vale, Dany-Dorne&Reach, Cersei-West&Riverlands.

What with Stormlands, are they:

-for Cersei as widow of Robert Baratheon (in books they were for Tommen, but in series...)

-for Stannis, now suffering after loss so nobody else cares about their forces. I also didnt noticed in series the fate of his garrison in Storms End.

-with Tyrrels for Dany?

Yeah, it's weird that they still have yet to address who's got Storm's End and the Stormlands in general. In the books Storm's End has been taken by fAegon, but they haven't established the garrison defending the castle. Now that Stannis is dead, who's got them and who are they loyal to? Who knows? The Tyrells maybe took it? Maybe Dany will land on the Stormlands and Storm's End will be her first target, like fAegon in the books? But who will be defending it? The show has failed to address it. And as for the Storm lords, they most likely pledged allegiance to the Crown, so yeah probably to Tommen, but now that he's dead, and Cersei's the reigning Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, no one knows. We'll see what reprecussions that will have next season though.

One of the main points of Aegon in the books is to show us how the story unfolds in Stormlands. In the Books, it is the Tyrells holding most of the Stormlands, and since they are well and alive in that continuity, they will ride down to fight Aegon.

In the show however, the Tyrells's got wiped out, so nobody knows what is happening and to whom the lords are giving allegiance to. We don't expect them being loyal to Cersei, so it is a big gap.

10 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

I believe that most Stormlords are with Cersei as they switched sides after Blackwater.

They originally supported Renly. After his death, they begrudgingly switched to Stannis. After Stannis's defeat, they swore allegiance to Joffrey, with the Tyrells seiging Storm's End and Dragonstone. In the Books they are still siding with the Crown because Tommen is still alive. 

Above all, most of their forces are depleted. Varys might have found Gendry and urge Dany to legitimize him and install him as Warden of the Stormlands. (The sins of the father are not the sins of the son argument and all that). But they won't be able to do much since the bulk of their forces were killed at the blackwater and the northern expedition. I think about half of them switched sides after Blackwater.

3 hours ago, DanïelNorth said:

Above all, most of their forces are depleted. Varys might have found Gendry and urge Dany to legitimize him and install him as Warden of the Stormlands. (The sins of the father are not the sins of the son argument and all that). But they won't be able to do much since the bulk of their forces were killed at the blackwater and the northern expedition. I think about half of them switched sides after Blackwater.

Depends. In the books, they should have anywhere between 15-25 thousand troops left. There were only about 5,000 casualties for Stannis at the Blackwater. The rest of his forces either routed or switched sides when they saw the Ghost of Renly on the field.

Problem with the show is, the writers aren't very knowledgeable on warfare, so there are no routs, just complete annihilation of armies. So the Stormlands are probably wiped out in the show, which amusingly means that a huge portion of the nobility went extinct along with the Baratheons.

If the Stormlands are even remembered, than I believe whatever is left should declare for Daenerys. The Baratheons are done, and the Stormlords have no reason to stay loyal to a Westerlander queen who most have suspicion of killing and cucking Robert. Even though the Targaryens were the archenemy of the Baratheons, Daenerys is pretty much their only option for getting revenge for their fallen liege lords and for the humiliation at the Blackwater.

On June 29, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Petrus said:

Counting great houses Allegiance i cant get, who are Storm Lords loyal to by s06 finale.

About other 6 of 7 kingdoms, it is clear: Starks - North&Vale, Dany-Dorne&Reach, Cersei-West&Riverlands.

What with Stormlands, are they:

-for Cersei as widow of Robert Baratheon (in books they were for Tommen, but in series...)

-for Stannis, now suffering after loss so nobody else cares about their forces. I also didnt noticed in series the fate of his garrison in Storms End.

-with Tyrrels for Dany?

I'm not so sure Cersei has the Riverlands. House Frey is loyal to House Lannister but that's all. The rest of the Riverlords hate the Lannisters and blame them for the Red Wedding as much as the Freys and Boltons. If they tried to call their banners I doubt very many of the Riverlords would actually show up. Remember they were alone at Riverrun when the Blackfish took it over. Even as the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands Walder Frey was on his own. With the 3 most dangerous Freys dead I doubt anyone takes them seriously anymore. In fact if Arya frees her uncle Edmure (off screen after killing Walder Frey) it wouldn't surprise me if by the time season 7 starts the Freys are wiped out and the Riverlords have declared for Jon. Cersei counting on them would be pure stupidity on her part. Contrary to what Jaime says it was Tywin they feared, The Blackfish wasn't intimidated by him at all.

19 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

it wouldn't surprise me if by the time season 7 starts the Freys are wiped out.

Wipeout propably would not happen so easilly, Walder Frey has to many descendants, i would rather predict a clash among them. Anyhow, Jaimie word about the need to help Frey with keeping the Riverlans will have to come into realisation.

Back to Stormlands:

With the lack of Aegon in show, its really probable that ther will be landing site of Dany's forces, so whether they abandoned Stannis for Cersei or for Tyrrels, the will be under Daenerys rule. That proposal of legitimisation of Gendry - interesting, but it demands Gendry will for rule, while it dont seem he has it. Moreover, where the hell he vanished?

Archived