Can a woman wear a mens watch?

TheTygerAndTheLamb

I switched to men's watches a long time ago, because I love watches and I hate tiny dial faces.

That said, they are often simply too big for my wrist.  Also, many companies are now making man-sized watches for women that tend to be on the smaller side and not so thick.  Perfect.

If the watch looks too big in your eyes on your wrist, it probably is too big.  There are millions of watches out there, just look for another one.  Maybe it will take half a year, but new styles are constantly coming out.

22 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I switched to men's watches a long time ago, because I love watches and I hate tiny dial faces.

That said, they are often simply too big for my wrist.  Also, many companies are now making man-sized watches for women that tend to be on the smaller side and not so thick.  Perfect.

If the watch looks too big in your eyes on your wrist, it probably is too big.  There are millions of watches out there, just look for another one.  Maybe it will take half a year, but new styles are constantly coming out.

I have a very old men's watch that I am now wearing. It is old enough to be self winding. Compared to what I see women wearing now, it looks like a woman's watch,  being much smaller than what is now sold. 

Wear whatever you want, if you like it, I don't think I'd even notice if a person's watch was a man's or not. I don't wear watches because I inevitably smash their faces while I'm working. I have a theory it's because I don't want to be shackled to the concept of time, but that's just me. 

I have a bit of a watch collection and one of my favorites is a genderless but HUGE Suunto Core.  It's more of a sporty dude watch and the watch face is about the width of my entire wrist.  I am a small person and it becomes more of a bracelet cuff on me but it is fun for certain occasions.  I get a lot of compliments on it.  I say wear what you like. 

it's weird to me that people still even wear clock bracelets.....

but that's probably a topic for a different thread....

smart clock bracelets i understand even less.  To me that's like transferring your 35 year old VHS tapes onto laser disc at this point.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Wait, they still make watches?  And people still buy and wear them??

I am wearing a self winding watch. No batteries  to run down and replace. Ever. Come the singularity,  or an apocalypse, I will be the guy with the correct time. 

Men's watches have gotten out of control huge. It's embarrassingly tacky.

I wear a vintage men's watch and I'm sure a woman could pull it off if she wanted to wear a men's watch. I honestly don't think a woman could pull off the monstrosities they sell as men's watches now but I also don't think men pull them off (because they're retarded) so

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:31 PM, TheTygerAndTheLamb said:

I think going to a retailer and trying one on first is probably the best idea. I'm not really interested in a smart watch tbh.

For sure trying one on first is a necessity.  Buying something like that without finding out if you will actually LIKE the darn thing would be a costly mistake. 

TBH, I don't know why I haven't thought of buying a man's watch myself.  I haven't been able to find a reasonably priced woman's watch with day-of-the-week/date/light-up-at-night functions all in one glorious piece of arm candy.  Oh, and it has to be comfortable and with the right kind of strap too. 

Yes, I **would** like angels in my angel cake.  :smug: 

On 7/6/2016 at 11:44 PM, Swordfish said:

it's weird to me that people still even wear clock bracelets.....

but that's probably a topic for a different thread....

smart clock bracelets i understand even less.  To me that's like transferring your 35 year old VHS tapes onto laser disc at this point.

I've never worn a watch but I'm seriously considering getting one at the moment - and it's going to be a plain old watch with nothing but the time - it's more convenient that pulling my phone out, especially at work. 

Archived