Name That Snow!

Lady Blizzardborn

Welcome nobles and smallfolk, and anybody in-between. It's time to play Name That Snow!

In light of the recent revelation on a certain TV show that a certain Northern bastard is not the Northern bastard he thought he was (no surprise to us, but he'll be surprised)...I thought it would be fun for us to throw out ideas for what his other name could be...assuming he has one.

Did Rhaegar somehow get permission to marry Lyanna, making little Snow a little Targaryen?  Did Rhaegar somehow get permission to have children outside his marriage be legitimate and take their mother's name, making Snow a Stark?  Did Rhae Rhae and Lya decide to hyphenate or combine their names since they couldn't agree between Targaryen, Stark, Snow, Sand, and Waters? 

No debates please, just good clean fun.

The rules are simple: propose a name, and give some kind of reasoning. Name must work for ASOIAF, but does not have to come directly from canon (Ex: you've come up with a good Valyrian-sounding name that GRRM hasn't used yet). Reasoning does not have to make sense.

And...GO!

Okay I'll start...

Now, I could say something like Jaehaerys (as is a popular theory at the moment based on lip-reading) or Aemon because it would be funny if Jon is in fact Aemon Targaryen, but I'm going to go ironic/tragic instead.

I propose that Rhaegar decided to try and undo some of the damage done by his ungrateful father, and name his son....Tywin Targaryen. This is tragic of course because Tywin would go on to have Rhaegar's other children brutally murdered. Fits pretty well with Rhae Rhae having knighted Gregor too.

Now someone please lighten the mood with a better name option.

On 6/30/2016 at 0:20 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Okay I'll start...

Now, I could say something like Jaehaerys (as is a popular theory at the moment based on lip-reading) or Aemon because it would be funny if Jon is in fact Aemon Targaryen, but I'm going to go ironic/tragic instead.

I propose that Rhaegar decided to try and undo some of the damage done by his ungrateful father, and name his son....Tywin Targaryen. This is tragic of course because Tywin would go on to have Rhaegar's other children brutally murdered. Fits pretty well with Rhae Rhae having knighted Gregor too.

Now someone please lighten the mood with a better name option.

I didn't know they thought it was Jaehaerys from lip reading. I read someone's post on this forum that said they watched it over & over & thought Lyanna said Aemon. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I didn't know they thought it was Jaehaerys from lip reading. I read someone's post on this forum that said they watched it over & over & thought Lyanna said Aemon. 

Buzzfeed and a few others have picked up on someone on Reddit who said she thinks it's Jaehaerys. But there are others who think Lyanna was saying "His name. His House. Robert would kill him..."  I actually find that more intriguing because it implies that he has a house, and we all know that bastards have no houses.

I'd like Aegon just because I like "Egg" in the Dunk and Egg tales. But, I think it's Jaehaerys, because it starts with a J like "Jon" and maybe that was the most simple name Ned could come up with and be kinda close.

Aeryn

...and Eddard picked a mnemonic that would remind him of the real name  (because Jon Arryn is close to Jon Aeryn)

well maybe thats a bit complicated.

actually Jaehaerys is the obvious choice for anyone naming a possible future Targ king - the conciliator- try and wipe out recollections of Aerys the Mad King with a good one.

also, Jon is a conciliator

probably the lip readers have it right

9 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Buzzfeed and a few others have picked up on someone on Reddit who said she thinks it's Jaehaerys. But there are others who think Lyanna was saying "His name. His House. Robert would kill him..."  I actually find that more intriguing because it implies that he has a house, and we all know that bastards have no houses.

I looked it up after I posted. They seem pretty convinced its Jaehaerys. I watched the clip a couple times & it doesn't look like Jaehaerys or Aemon to me but what do I know lol

Baelor son of Ned and Rhaegar, Jon the White Wolf. Lord Snow. Ned Stark's Bastard. The Snow of Winterfell. The Crow-Come-Over. The 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The Bastard of Winterfell. The Black Bastard of the Wall. Lord Crow. The King in the North. King of the North, Vale, Riverlands, Iron Islands and Beyond the Wall. The Dragon in the North. Once and future King. The Prince that was promised. Azor Ahai Reborn. The Son of Ice and Fire. King of the First Men and the Andals. 

4 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Baelor son of Ned and Rhaegar, Jon the White Wolf. Lord Snow. Ned Stark's Bastard. The Snow of Winterfell. The Crow-Come-Over. The 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The Bastard of Winterfell. The Black Bastard of the Wall. Lord Crow. The King in the North. King of the North, Vale, Riverlands, Iron Islands and Beyond the Wall. The Dragon in the North. Once and future King. The Prince that was promised. Azor Ahai Reborn. The Son of Ice and Fire. King of the First Men and the Andals. 

I kind of like this. Instead of Baelor the Blessed he can be Baelor the Bastard.

Maybe he was named Jon and it was in honour or Jon Connington not Jon Arryn because the idea was the baby should be raised in exile by Jon Con but Eddard failed to deliver him. Just some incidental forum cracked brain thinking.

I can also see Daeron. The Young Dragon was Jon's hero and much like Daeron the Good, who brought Dorne into the Realm, Jon will bring the Free Folk.

18 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I kind of like this. Instead of Baelor the Blessed he can be Baelor the Bastard.

I was thinking of Breakspear. 

11 hours ago, Castellan said:

Maybe he was named Jon and it was in honour or Jon Connington not Jon Arryn because the idea was the baby should be raised in exile by Jon Con but Eddard failed to deliver him. Just some incidental forum cracked brain thinking.

If Rhaegar hadn't gave him a Targ name he would most likely named him after his best friend Arthur.

Archived