So, who'll be cast in Season 7?

Pilusmagnus

So who do you think is going to be cast in the near future? On one hand there has to be new characters, since King's Landing especially has to be re-peopled after last season. But on the other hand, there are no important characters from the books that have yet to be introduced.

I can only think of flashback characters like Rhaegar, minor Lords for the Crownlands, Reach, Westerlands and Stormlands, Archmaesters and obviously Marwyn who I think will be the last very important character to be introduced. Sam's companions and Sarella Sand may also be cast.

Did I miss anyone? Do we have any information yet as to the new characters that may come into play?

I think at this point, the current story is going to center around the remaining main characters.

I can see a few from Oldtown for Sam's storyline, but I don't think we'll get Sarella Sand. They seem to have restricted the Sand Snakes to just the three with Ellaria.

Aside from maybe Rhaegar, any new castings will just be for minor roles.

I agree with Lord Lyman.  I think part of the reason for all of the deaths in the last two episodes was to weed out a few characters and stories so they can concentrate on the main ones remaining, since there are only +/- 13 more episodes, and a lot of ground to cover. I'm expecting next year to be about the uniting of Westeros, and the final season to be the living vs. the dead.  Sure - there will be some ancillary characters that will show up from time to time to move the primary story along (and provide the occasional boob or blood - or both), but I don't foresee any "big" characters being introduced, even if the new book has some.

Maybe Sarella? Although I kind of don't want that considering how awful the sand snakes have been so far. Maybe we'll get some comparative character though because with their whole WOMEN ON TOP kick right now it'd be right up their alley to do the girl as a boy storyline. I r

I really don't know beyond that save for maybe more casting for flashbacks like Rhaegar and young Jaime Lannister.

They have thirteen episodes left. They don't need to be doing any new major castings and the ones we had for season 6 turned out to be meh anyway (are we even going to see Randyl Tarley again? Who knows. Maybe he's on one of Dany's boats.)

5 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

This is surely the case. They’re pulling in all the threads.

I have more faith we will see Rhaegar than Howland, unless Howland plays some very important role in the story to come of course. Id love to see Rhaegar, they've almost hinted at it haven't they now ? Id like to think we'd at least get a scene of R and L and that they were in fact in love and married.  

How About

-Edric Dayne, Angry at the death of his Prince he Teams Up with:

-The Shows awnser to Arrianne, she is Trystanes slightly younger sister she was envious of her brother for being older but now shes angry at the sand snakes and Ellaria for killing him and her Father she see Hypocricy in Ellaria plan to help avenge the Tyrells and she tells Edric to reluctantly team up with cersei although she dosent like cersei atall nor agree with her killing the Tyrells. She goes to the Reach Poisns Allaria and Kills Obara nad Nymera she Spare  Tyene because she only killedAreo who she admintly didn't like.

Edric then propses to Marrys Sansa when he discovers a better choice and Rides North to propose to Sansa (hes too late since Robin has Beaten him to it)

Willas/Garlan- a Fusion of the Two adapted out Tyrell brothers, He is Retcons as a young boy the same age as Sansa. He is basically Willas with the Personality of Garlan Even though he is the new lord by every Law many See him as Unworthy because he Like Willas is a Cripple although circumstances are different (His mother came downwith pox while pregnant with him) and this has caused him to be born without knees making him having to walk with crutchs and he is Presumed sterile He has the aspirations being a knight. He and Dickon are friends even though Randall HATES him and openly states he wishes he died instead.

Paxter Redwyne- Goes with Randall to Joins |Cerseis new council but unlike Randall who expresses Loyalty to Cersei (he is revealed to be VERY anti-mace) However he is sent by Ollena to infiltrate and send plans to Ollena

Victarion- Makes an Apperance at Oldtown with Euron he accoapies Euron to Cersei who Whiele refuses Eurons Marrage Proposal Is Impressed by his skill and makes Euron Grand Measter (I know just roll with it) and Victarion Joins the Kingsgaurd

Arys and Balon- Thewse two kingsgaurd finaly get lines and perosality they Escape kings Landing after a DIssagreement With Arys was said to be make Commander of the Kingsgaurd after Jamies dismissal He Tearsoff his White cloak Gregor is Named Lord Commander I can see these two Dies VERTY quickly. 

Tyrek Lannister- Jamie is Sent to Casterly Rock to serve as Lord, Tyrek is made his squire After Dothraki attak castrly rock he appers to get trapped by Dothraki and his fate is Left uncertain.

Strong Belwas- Not sure about this one He just appers like he was there the whole time

Lords Manderly, Cerwin and Glover Make a Bigger role

Satin- Apperes at the Night watch as a Recruit

New Lord Umber- Sort of like the Tommen to SmallJons Joffrey, he pleads for mercy telling him that being born Umber is not a Crime Jon Reluctatly pardons him, Having the belif that a House shouldn't be judged by one member   

Talisas Brother- Apperes on Danereses ship as an Allie and Seeks Vangence to His Sister

Xollo- Oberyns Unacknolaged Bastard son (did you realy think he had just those eight girls) Hes unaware of his father but has many of his fathers skills he Has the Hots for Daneres 

9 hours ago, Trudee said:

How About

-Edric Dayne, Angry at the death of his Prince he Teams Up with:

-The Shows awnser to Arrianne, she is Trystanes slightly younger sister she was envious of her brother for being older but now shes angry at the sand snakes and Ellaria for killing him and her Father she see Hypocricy in Ellaria plan to help avenge the Tyrells and she tells Edric to reluctantly team up with cersei although she dosent like cersei atall nor agree with her killing the Tyrells. She goes to the Reach Poisns Allaria and Kills Obara nad Nymera she Spare  Tyene because she only killedAreo who she admintly didn't like.

Edric then propses to Marrys Sansa when he discovers a better choice and Rides North to propose to Sansa (hes too late since Robin has Beaten him to it)

Willas/Garlan- a Fusion of the Two adapted out Tyrell brothers, He is Retcons as a young boy the same age as Sansa. He is basically Willas with the Personality of Garlan Even though he is the new lord by every Law many See him as Unworthy because he Like Willas is a Cripple although circumstances are different (His mother came downwith pox while pregnant with him) and this has caused him to be born without knees making him having to walk with crutchs and he is Presumed sterile He has the aspirations being a knight. He and Dickon are friends even though Randall HATES him and openly states he wishes he died instead.

Paxter Redwyne- Goes with Randall to Joins |Cerseis new council but unlike Randall who expresses Loyalty to Cersei (he is revealed to be VERY anti-mace) However he is sent by Ollena to infiltrate and send plans to Ollena

Victarion- Makes an Apperance at Oldtown with Euron he accoapies Euron to Cersei who Whiele refuses Eurons Marrage Proposal Is Impressed by his skill and makes Euron Grand Measter (I know just roll with it) and Victarion Joins the Kingsgaurd

Arys and Balon- Thewse two kingsgaurd finaly get lines and perosality they Escape kings Landing after a DIssagreement With Arys was said to be make Commander of the Kingsgaurd after Jamies dismissal He Tearsoff his White cloak Gregor is Named Lord Commander I can see these two Dies VERTY quickly. 

Tyrek Lannister- Jamie is Sent to Casterly Rock to serve as Lord, Tyrek is made his squire After Dothraki attak castrly rock he appers to get trapped by Dothraki and his fate is Left uncertain.

Strong Belwas- Not sure about this one He just appers like he was there the whole time

Lords Manderly, Cerwin and Glover Make a Bigger role

Satin- Apperes at the Night watch as a Recruit

New Lord Umber- Sort of like the Tommen to SmallJons Joffrey, he pleads for mercy telling him that being born Umber is not a Crime Jon Reluctatly pardons him, Having the belif that a House shouldn't be judged by one member   

Talisas Brother- Apperes on Danereses ship as an Allie and Seeks Vangence to His Sister

Xollo- Oberyns Unacknolaged Bastard son (did you realy think he had just those eight girls) Hes unaware of his father but has many of his fathers skills he Has the Hots for Daneres 

no to every word written here êxcept the nỏthern lỏds playing a bigger role maybe. if theres no Aegon and JonCon then none ò your suggestions stand a snowballs chance in hell.

The only major one I see is Rhaegar. There will be potentially some northern lords and probably Archmaester Marwyn. Does Cersei need any minion lords or will she have her hands full with Jamie and probably Euron?

Other castings maybe younger versions of familiar characters. Possibly young Robert and Barristan Selmy.

Season 7 looks like it will be setting up Queenbowl and bringing the Riverlands characters together. The north and the Vale are already aligned into place ready for the season 8 Battle of the Dawn.

There is no need for any further significant living characters other than in Oldtown.

Sam is at Oldtown so we will get Marwyn the Mage as Sam's next mentor and the shows Act III transition into increased magic although we will not get Alleras  Sarella. I think the show has written Loras as the only son of Mace or have they left that ambiguous?  

11 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

Sam is at Oldtown so we will get Marwyn the Mage as Sam's next mentor and the shows Act III transition into increased magic although we will not get Alleras  Sarella. I think the show has written Loras as the only son of Mace or have they left that ambiguous?  

No they have explicitely stated several times that Loras is the only son of Mace Tyrell in the show.

23 hours ago, Prince_Snow said:

So no hopes for new characters  from the nine free cities?

No. D&D have removed a large portion of characters and plot to skip to the end and get all our main characters in the same place. I would doubt we will see any action outside of Westeros for the last 13 episodes.

We won't get much, considering there are only 13 episodes left. I am just hoping for Marwyn and maybe Sarella Sand. If they do cast them, then I hope they get awesome actors for the parts.

I was reading something recently about Brian Cox regretting turning GOT down.  apparently they were trying to cast him in the first season.  He says he's waiting for the call.

I wonder who he would have played. He might have made a good Jeor Mormont or possibly a Tywin Lannister.  Maybe Allister Throne.  Although it's hard to imagine those roles being played by a different actor now.

Archived