So, who'll be cast in Season 7?

Pilusmagnus

If we're going to get flashbacks then as everyone else has said we'll probably get Rhaegar. I'm betting they'll most likely show us the Tourney at Harrenhal through Bran's greensight. So we might get Elia, Brandon Stark and younger versions of Robert and Barristan.

As for any new present characters, I can only think of Marwyn, having been mentioned in episode 10. I doubt the show would want to introduce new characters in the last moment with 13 episodes left.

20 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I was reading something recently about Brian Cox regretting turning GOT down.  apparently they were trying to cast him in the first season.  He says he's waiting for the call.

I wonder who he would have played. He might have made a good Jeor Mormont or possibly a Tywin Lannister.  Maybe Allister Throne.  Although it's hard to imagine those roles being played by a different actor now.

This was true of Jonathan Pryce as well. He was approached to play Pycell in season one but turned the offer down to his later regret as the show became a massive it. The news left me torn as on the one hand Pryce's High Sparrow was one of the highlights of an uneven season and yet I am curious to see what he would have done with the character of Pycell over six seasons.  

3 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

This was true of Jonathan Pryce as well. He was approached to play Pycell in season one but turned the offer down to his later regret as the show became a massive it. The news left me torn as on the one hand Pryce's High Sparrow was one of the highlights of an uneven season and yet I am curious to see what he would have done with the character of Pycell over six seasons.  

I'm inclined to think Pycell's casting is one I definitely would not change.  Though Price would have been interesting in that role, I think he was better utilized as the high Sparrow.

I really hope we get to see Brian Cox cast in some role, ideally a Northman.  If they ever decide to re-cast Wyman Manderly, that would be my vote.

I'd also like to see more of James Faulkner (Randyll Tarly) next season.

22 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'm inclined to think Pycell's casting is one I definitely would not change.  Though Price would have been interesting in that role, I think he was better utilized as the high Sparrow.

I really hope we get to see Brian Cox cast in some role, ideally a Northman.  If they ever decide to re-cast Wyman Manderly, that would be my vote.

I'd also like to see more of James Faulkner (Randyll Tarly) next season.

Well Sam is right up the road with Heartsbane one would think Randyll would attempt to get it back at some point. 

8 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

Well Sam is right up the road with Heartsbane one would think Randyll would attempt to get it back at some point. 

I think there's a good chance he'll end up in KL (to pledge fealty to Queen Cersei) or go south (to join forces with the queen of thorns).  House Tarly is a vassal of House Tyrell if I'm not mistaken.  House Tyrell is in a bit of a spot right now.

4 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I can't imagine there will be any major roles left, but if there are I hope they get Richard Armitage. I think he would have been a much better Euron. 

They can always re-cast roles.  They've done it before.

On July 9, 2016 at 6:59 AM, Bear Claw said:

I can't imagine there will be any major roles left, but if there are I hope they get Richard Armitage. I think he would have been a much better Euron. 

No...I don't want my favorite actor to be casted as Show Euron. 

Is there any chance we will see FAegon, Jon Co and Val? Lol I don't want to see them actually. 

I think there will be two semi-big characters cast next season; that is Howland Reed and Archmaester Marwyn. 

Archmaester Marwyn ... Brian Cox

Howland Reed ... David Thewlis

Other than that, I can see Rhaegar appear in flashbacks. Then of course there's gonna be a bunch of new minor characters, but not many important ones. 

As far as characters I think will actually appear, I'd like to see Maester Marwyn, Howland Reed, and Rhaegar Targaryen cast. 

For Marwyn, I'd choose Peter Capaldi. Though he doesn't necessarily meet the physical build of Marwyn, but Capaldi is capable of playing magnetic personalities - the kind of people who, through sheer force of will, bring you around to their line of thinking or scare you enough to keep well away. (I'm thinking some of the same personality traits held by Capaldi's The Thick of It character, Malcolm Tucker). 

For Howland Reed, I'd choose Tom Hollander or Martin Freeman. Both have the acting chops to play someone capable of bearing emotional loss in silence and both are among my very favorite actors. 

For Rhaegar Targaryen, I'd go with Alexander Skarsgard. He has the Valyrian look, the acting chops, and is an appropriately "big name" actor to fill one of GOT's greatest unseen character. 

As for characters I'd like to see, but who, either through plot deviations or timing issues are unlikely to be cast at this point, I'd like to see Jon Connington and Victarion Greyjoy.

For Jon Connington, I'd choose Damian Lewis. With roles like Nicholas Brody from Homeland  and Richard Winters from Band of Brothers, Lewis has shown that he can portray warriors who are emotionally spent and haunted by the memories of past failures. This is Jon Connington in a nutshell.

For Victarion Greyjoy, I'd choose Ray Stevenson. When I think of why Stevenson is perfect to play Victarion I think of the badass characters Stevenson has portrayed, characters such as Frank Castle in Punisher: War Zone, Titus Pullo in Rome, Volstagg in the Thor movies, and of course, Edward "Blackbeard" Teach in Black Sails

Also, OP: but two actors I REALLY wanted to appear on GOT are Mads Mikkelsen - either as Brynden "Bloodraven" Rivers or Euron "Crowseye" Greyjoy - and Antony Starr as any of Westeros' great knights, past or present - Aemon "The Dragon Knight" Targaryen, Daemon "The Black Dragon" Blackfyre, Lyn Corbray, Arthur Dayne, Garlan "The Gallant" Tyrell, or Beric Dondarrion, would be perfect roles for the star of Banshee who, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated performances on TV. 

17 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I just realized that Harry Lloyd portraited Viserys! I don't think he would make a comeback to the show.

Dean Charles-Chapman played two different characters, so the possibility is there.

20 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

Dean Charles-Chapman played two different characters, so the possibility is there.

True. But Dean's first character was really unimportant, nobody remmebers wht he looked like. But Viserys was really important. Besides that Rhaegar is supposed to be a quiet opposite to Viserys, so I don't think they would portray him with the same actor.

In order from most likely to least:

Marwyn - Sam is at the Citadel, he needs someone to learn from, etc.

Howland Reed - Bloodraven specifically pointed Howland out in the flashback, plus there's Meera (and Jojen). I do think it's possible that Meera and Bran goes to see Howland first before going to Winterfell. There has to be some way to prove that Jon is a Targaryen, and right now, Howland is that. Maybe the show will come up with a different way - Daenerys' dragons recognizing Jon as a rider possibly? That won't confirm he's a Targaryen, though, so truly it has to be Howland. 

Those two are the ones I think 100% should happen.

Rhaegar Targaryen - If they decide to do flashbacks to flesh out what happened between Rhaegar and Lyanna, that would be awesome. Clarification would be nice, especially for the Unsullied, especially when it comes to the whole is-he-still-a-bastard-or-is-he-a-Targaryen thing.

Young Robert Baratheon - If they do Rhaegar flashbacks, it would make sense to include Robert as well, to show how/why the whole Robert's Rebellion (and the events of A Song of Ice and Fire) happened. Like, show scenes between Robert and Lyanna, then Rhaegar and Lyanna, and then Robert and Rhaegar, maybe even the battle at the Trident (just their fight not the whole thing).

After that, it gets a lot more complicated. Combine the fact there's only 13 episodes left with the fact that the last two books aren't out yet, and I'm stuck. It feels like it's time to wrap up storylines and kill off characters not introduce more. 

In King's Landing, it's gonna be either a three-way war with Cersei/Daenerys/Euron or it'll be Cersei/Euron vs Daenerys. There's the possibility of new characters to make up the Small Council since everyone was killed off/left Kings' Landing (lol that's only Olenna, the rest died damn), but with Cersei in charge, I doubt it. She's got her Hand in Qyburn, and that's it. Plus Jaime. So, no new characters here.

In Winterfell, There might be a couple of new characters as Jon prepares for the White Walkers, but they'll be minor characters, either that or they'll use the ones recently introduced like Glover, Manderly, Cerwyn, and of course, Lady Mormont. That's more likely. As for Sansa, she'll probably leave Jon to prepare for that war, and she'll focus on the South with Littlefinger. The question is, will the Vale be fighting for Jon or will they be fighting for Sansa? I feel like there'll be a difference. I can't see Sansa just sitting around waiting for the White Walkers to come. Maybe she searches for Arya? She has to do something. So, Sansa with Brienne and Littlefinger, plus possibly Sweetrobin and Royce and the Vale forces... is there room for new characters? I don't really see it. 

As for Arya, I think she will meet up with Melisandre and possibly The Hound. That means the BWB guys too. No need for more characters. 

So... I'm not seeing room for new characters, really. It's far too late for people like Victarion/JonCon/fAegon/etc.  I'm sure they'll throw in a few, but I don't know where or how important they will be. 

On 30/06/2016 at 0:01 PM, Pilusmagnus said:

So who do you think is going to be cast in the near future? On one hand there has to be new characters, since King's Landing especially has to be re-peopled after last season. But on the other hand, there are no important characters from the books that have yet to be introduced.

I can only think of flashback characters like Rhaegar, minor Lords for the Crownlands, Reach, Westerlands and Stormlands, Archmaesters and obviously Marwyn who I think will be the last very important character to be introduced. Sam's companions and Sarella Sand may also be cast.

Did I miss anyone? Do we have any information yet as to the new characters that may come into play?

I follow you on archmaester Marwyn for learning about Ashaï and the origin of red priests end priestesses, and r'hllor. If not, it would be a real miss for understanding the universe. Unless the showrunners decide to let the many don't know and don't understand the world of Martin...

But it must be also other archmaesters and students...

Otherwise i agree with Lord Lyman on secondary characters. And i think/hope the use of 'stand by' character like Gendry leading a popular revolt in KL. Or the red priestess of (yunkaï ?)

And, finaly, wouldn't we see new children of the forest ? 

On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 4:45 PM, Ashes Of Westeros said:

True. But Dean's first character was really unimportant, nobody remmebers wht he looked like. But Viserys was really important. Besides that Rhaegar is supposed to be a quiet opposite to Viserys, so I don't think they would portray him with the same actor.

But that's the point of it. One is Targaryen mad, the other isn't (Viserys LOL). And I would guess Harry Lloyd would like the challenge as an actor.

2 hours ago, alienarea said:

But that's the point of it. One is Targaryen mad, the other isn't (Viserys LOL). And I would guess Harry Lloyd would like the challenge as an actor.

I get your point. It's quit a challenge to play someone physically similar but completely different. As I said, I didn't recognize him at all in the show.

Archived