Name of Thrones

Forgive the punnish title, but I was thinking that since the seven kingdoms were seven kingdoms 300 years before the series, that each of them, in addition to the crowns they surrendered, should have a throne to sit on.

In the worldbook, it mentions the Oakenseat of house Gardener, but I think that's the only mention.

The Ironborn reference the Seastone Chair, though I wonder whether that's a Greyjoy thing, or a Iron islands thing as a whole, and where does it stay? Old Wyk, Pyke?

Did the surrendering kings keep thier thrones?

With actual position of king and power that comes along with it - you get a number of, as Mel calls it, "trappings of power". Case in point - crown, throne, regalia etc.

Now, parading these trappings of power, throne included, in a face of your sovereign (Targaryen king), would have been seen as a provocation and challenge from lords' part, hence they (smartly) avoided that.

Methinks the throne room morphed into a Lord's seat hall. Although it's non canon, the westeroscraft series is consistent with putting a lordly hall donned with a throne-like looking seat when you enter the castles.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WesterosCraft/videos?shelf_id=1&sort=dd&view=0

There are their walks. Its fairly fun to watch.

Archived