College Style Petitions for change in the workplace

Ser Scot A Ellison

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

It's just really annoying constantly reading about these stereotypes of a whole generation of people around my age and you can't even argue or offer an opinion against it because some jackass then says you're offended and are too sheltered or have special snowflake syndrome or any other asinine comment. 

I thought you had a sense of humour. Sorry for any offence.

ETA: I forgot that we're now heading towards a world where it's basically socially unacceptable to make any kind of joke. About anything.

Fuck that shit.

7 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

ETA: I forgot that we're now heading towards a world where it's basically socially unacceptable to make any kind of joke. About anything.

Fuck that shit.

OMG, we are in some sort of mobius strip of offendedness.  Stop, please stop.  

Young people do dumb things sometimes.  Middle aged people do dumb things some times.  Old people do dumb things sometimes.  

Also, jokes on the internet don't always work.  Unless they involve cat pictures.  Then they usually work.

13 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

MC,

I'm well aware of the problem with neckties and infection.  It's why some recommend bowties or no ties for Physicians.  

There is no rational reason why I need to be in a suit and tie to make a legal argument, yet I would hurt my client if I didn't wear that suit.

There's your rational reason, though?  Like, sure its "just" societal convention, but it exists.  Its the people who mandate dress codes in a completely non-interactive environment that confuse me.  I completely understand dress codes in any customer-facing job, and I wasn't bothered by them at all.  

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Fuck that shit.

I do :) 

sorry for havin a go

Archived