Netflix is rebooting 'Lost in Space'

AncalagonTheBlack

just finished the season (didn't realise it was only ten so the finale came as a surprise). Have to say I was really impressed. The show was fun - the pacing solid and the characters enjoyable. I think all the changes from the original were useful additions - particularly regarding the Robot.

Toby Stephens and Molly Parker could have sleepwalked through this show but they are professional and wrangle every bit of emotion and character they can with their parts. I'm sure with lesser actors the show would have really suffered but with those two - you bought their relationship and their connection with their family. Molly Parker was excellent - there were several times where her body language added so much (when she's in the cockpit for example) and again I suspect an average actor would just sit. She shifts uncomfortably and you know beneath the characters steely resolve she's still panicking. Great stuff.

There were moments in the final two episodes where I realised Parker Posey is also really good. If anything her character just needs to be a little less crazy and I think we'd get a lot more out of the character. Thankfully there were some hints towards the end that this may be the case.

I also like how this show is generally positive (something I love(d) about Sense8). Yes, there's peril and the characters aren't all good but it's generally about overcoming adversity (through hard work and intelligence) and trying to be better people/family. I enjoy a dark show with bad characters and people making bad decisions as much as the next person but it seems like that's all there is nowadays - especially in the more prestige format shows. It's refreshing to watch something that isn't trying to be edgy or shock us with human frailty.

I hope we get another season as I think it's a show that could build an audience - especially as it's an al ages production. I was pleasantly surprised as I really wasn't expecting much from this show. I guess low expectations can help sometimes - I know I had really high expectations for Altered Carbon for example.

I finished this over the weekend and liked it. I also mentioned before about how it was different to have a PG show that was grown up enough to keep my interest. Nice little set up for a second season as long as it's given the go ahead.

13 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

Is the Robot a geth? Or a geth mixed with the Iron Giant's essential, soul seeking question? Either way, I like the show because of Robot.

Vorlon for me.

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

I finished this over the weekend and liked it. I also mentioned before about how it was different to have a PG show that was grown up enough to keep my interest. Nice little set up for a second season as long as it's given the go ahead.

I really hope it gets a second season. Although it looked an expensive show which seems to make Netflix a lot more cautious when greenlighting another season. Still waiting to hear on Altered Carbon season 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2018 at 10:02 PM, red snow said:

There were moments in the final two episodes where I realised Parker Posey is also really good. If anything her character just needs to be a little less crazy and I think we'd get a lot more out of the character. Thankfully there were some hints towards the end that this may be the case.

I hope so. I like the show, but Smith's villainy is ridiculously OTT. They need to tone it down a bit.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I hope so. I like the show, but Smith's villainy is ridiculously OTT. They need to tone it down a bit.

Agreed. The one thing that distracted from the show. She drove me nuts with her master manipulation skills. Loved everything else though.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:07 AM, Simon Steele said:

Is the Robot a geth? Or a geth mixed with the Iron Giant's essential, soul seeking question? Either way, I like the show because of Robot.

Does this unit have a soul?

Archived