Troubles for Dany

Chib

Since it has been so easy for Dany, I'd say she will have some troubles once she arrives Westeros:

1) Euron might have the true dragon horn and control her dragons and force her to marry him

2) Her army might not adapt well to the cold weather especially now that winter is here

3) Maybe some unexpected huge storm might appear and her army might be decimated

4) Her dothraki army might bring their rape and kill culture to Westeros, thus make people hate her

What do you think?

2 hours ago, Chib said:

Since it has been so easy for Dany, I'd say she will have some troubles once she arrives Westeros:

1) Euron might have the true dragon horn and control her dragons and force her to marry him

2) Her army might not adapt well to the cold weather especially now that winter is here

3) Maybe some unexpected huge storm might appear and her army might be decimated

4) Her dothraki army might bring their rape and kill culture to Westeros, thus make people hate her

What do you think?

Well, they'll have to make something go wrong for her, to provide a bit of drama.

But as far as I'm concerned, I'd happily see Daenerys (as she is portrayed in the Show) jump off a cliff.  She's probably better than Cersei, but that's like saying she's drier than water.

The cold weather is the biggest threat for her army and if the Walkers catch her unaware look out Westeros. The horns and sea storms haven't even really been touched in the show. With Sam at the Citadel now we could get a quick introduction to the horns but my gut tells me no.

4 hours ago, Chib said:

What do you think?

I think we're probably going to have a combo of 2 and 4. She has outlawed that type of behavior but I doubt in an actual war that suddenly the entire Dothraki way of life will change. Dany does have Tyrion and Varys, but otherwise she's entirely unfamiliar with Westeros and its ways and I imagine that is going to be a huge problem for her. 

I just find it hard to believe that she'll roll into KL and destroy Cersei at the beginning of the season--I think they'll want to milk the Cersei is Dead Inside and On The Throne storyline for a while. So it seems that something, surely, will go wrong for Dany that will make it harder for her to get to KL than it currently seems it would be. 

Dany is WAY too powerful right now.  She has The Martells, The Tyrells, The Greyjoys (well, half of them), The entire Dothraki Horde, The Unsullied, and THREE Dragons.  She can easily role through Westeros in a week and have almost zero issues.

So *something* has to happen to weaken her.

Either she's going to lose some men in a storm, someone is going to backstab her, or the WW's will end up invading and taking her entire focus away from the IT and to saving the Realm.

At the end of Season 7 though, I think we'll have Cersei Dead, Dany will wind up on the IT, Jon will still be in the North and will be forced to sign an alliance with Dany due to the WW's attacking.  This will set up a Dany/Jon pairing (as we all speculate will happen) against the WW's for Westeros.

1 hour ago, Rumy Stark said:

I think we're probably going to have a combo of 2 and 4. She has outlawed that type of behavior but I doubt in an actual war that suddenly the entire Dothraki way of life will change. Dany does have Tyrion and Varys, but otherwise she's entirely unfamiliar with Westeros and its ways and I imagine that is going to be a huge problem for her. 

I just find it hard to believe that she'll roll into KL and destroy Cersei at the beginning of the season--I think they'll want to milk the Cersei is Dead Inside and On The Throne storyline for a while. So it seems that something, surely, will go wrong for Dany that will make it harder for her to get to KL than it currently seems it would be. 

After the motivational speech that Dany gave to the Dothraki, they must surely believe that their orders are to spread maximum terror.

Another thing, she has no military advisor. Tyrion, Dumb Snakes, Olenna, Varys are all political advisors and Yara only goes as far as seafaring. Barristan is dead, Darrio left behind, Jorah finding cure, Greyworm knowing nothing about Westeros. The fear and awe of her Dragons should win her the South easily but the winter Storms of the North will destroy her.

I really don't think Euron's building 1000 ships speech was pointless (the one he made to the Iron Islander's after Yara and Theon took off). That's why my prediction is very early on next season, Euron's fleet will meet Dany's in the Narrow Sea. It might be a little quick for the Iron Islander's to have built the ships, but they've taken large leaps of logic before to move the story in the direction they need it. Otherwise, what was the point of Euron's speech?

5 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

Dany is WAY too powerful right now.  She has The Martells, The Tyrells, The Greyjoys (well, half of them), The entire Dothraki Horde, The Unsullied, and THREE Dragons.  She can easily role through Westeros in a week and have almost zero issues.

So *something* has to happen to weaken her.

Either she's going to lose some men in a storm, someone is going to backstab her, or the WW's will end up invading and taking her entire focus away from the IT and to saving the Realm.

At the end of Season 7 though, I think we'll have Cersei Dead, Dany will wind up on the IT, Jon will still be in the North and will be forced to sign an alliance with Dany due to the WW's attacking.  This will set up a Dany/Jon pairing (as we all speculate will happen) against the WW's for Westeros.

I giggle every time I read people saying this. There is a reason that the western kingdoms are the United States of Game of thrones. Let me go ahead and put it into perspective.

First keep in mind that at most Danny's army is around 130k with the Dorne forces and have little experience in siege warfare against castles.

Do you remember the war of kings in the early part of the show? The north Raised an army of around 10-15k soldiers that had to happen very quickly and did not have the full support of the north. The north by lore can raise armies of 45k if they have enough time to fully rally all the banner-men. And you saw how they made Jon Snow king without him even asking...So he potential has around 30k soldiers.

The reach has twice the amount of soldiers as the north & has some of the best trained knights in the land. Let's just say they have 60k soldiers and keep in mind they are literally at full strength having not been a part of game for so long.

The Iron Islands lost 100 ships and as Tyrion pointed out that was only a fraction of their ships. Lore states they have around 500 and can raise armies of 20k. So let's assume there are at least 15 men on each ship which is laughably low. They have 6000 men.

The Lannisters are said to be able to raise armies of up to 50k so assuming all the losses from the war let's drop them to 30k.

Three of the seven kingdoms plus the Iron Islands already outnumbers Danny's army and they better trained to fight than her forces.

Now given siege warfare...the attacking forces usually always lose twice as many people as the defending force because they have castle walls and archers not to mention wild fire....The Lannister army with the Kings Landing forces could put up a very costly fight for Danny. If the Iron Islands, or the Stormlands join them Danny's forces would be evenly matched.

This is before even trying a suicide attack on the North or the Vale....

Also let me put something into perspective for you. The Greyjoy rebels and their 100 ships make up the majority of Danny's navy. The slavers seemed to only attack with about forty. Kings Landing also has it's own fleet of ships that has surely been rebuilt by now and is standing by at Dragonstone.

So let's say the more experience and informed Queen gets a warning that Danny and her army are coming. So she forties the Dragonstone and puts wild fire in the water. That eliminates any threat by sea and will force Danny to attack head on against a fortified city. And if it came down to in street combat I'm sorry but I would take knights over the unsullied. The unsullied excel when they can make shield walls and strategically eliminate targets. When people are coming around corners and jumping out houses swords > spears.

The point is that Dany also has knights (said to be the strongest cavalry in the world), plus the Tyrell army (which by itself should be stronger than the Lannister army by now), and the best infantry, and the untouched Dornish army. And her ships are not mostly Greyjoys: she has a bunch of Tyrell and Martell ships as well (this is shown in the last scene, there are almost as much Tyrell ships in that scene as there are Targaryen ones).

I agree she will lose a huge chunk of her army to Euron early on, maybe he will summon a storm that will decimate the dothrakis before they can even land, I don't know. But currently she is overpowered, yes.

Yeah but not sure how you guys aren't mentioning dragons. The armies will only be needed for holding towns and cities after the dragons subdue them (just like what happened with Aegon's conquest and Harrenhaal and the field of fire). I believe the Targaryens had 10x less troops at the field of fire but still won.

5 hours ago, LatrineDiggerBrian said:

I really don't think Euron's building 1000 ships speech was pointless (the one he made to the Iron Islander's after Yara and Theon took off). That's why my prediction is very early on next season, Euron's fleet will meet Dany's in the Narrow Sea. It might be a little quick for the Iron Islander's to have built the ships, but they've taken large leaps of logic before to move the story in the direction they need it. Otherwise, what was the point of Euron's speech?

Everyone thought Euron was dead before he popped up out of nowhere.  My theory is that he really is one of the dead, sent by the Night King.  He will use the 1000 ships to pick up the WW and wight army and drop them off on the other side of the wall.

1 minute ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Everyone thought Euron was dead before he popped up out of nowhere.  My theory is that he really is one of the dead, sent by the Night King.  He will use the 1000 ships to pick up the WW and wight army and drop them off on the other side of the wall.

I think more likely the WW knock down the wall. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the end to season 7.

No no, she cant have any problems, everything has to go just perfect for her. Maybe, just maybe she strugles for ep or two, but it will end with her havin MAJOR victory.

The North doesnt remember, Euron cant make ships, Starks are on edge of civil war, southern part of Westeros is in terrible chaos, but everything just goes perfect for her... Really annoying.

Anyone wants to bet she arrives wih all her ships? Oh and those Dotrakhi will with on those ships as good as Ironborn.And they will not rape and raid at all. And dragons are 100% under her control and as big as 150 yo Balerion was.

54 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

No no, she cant have any problems, everything has to go just perfect for her. Maybe, just maybe she strugles for ep or two, but it will end with her havin MAJOR victory.

The North doesnt remember, Euron cant make ships, Starks are on edge of civil war, southern part of Westeros is in terrible chaos, but everything just goes perfect for her... Really annoying.

Anyone wants to bet she arrives wih all her ships? Oh and those Dotrakhi will with on those ships as good as Ironborn.And they will not rape and raid at all. And dragons are 100% under her control and as big as 150 yo Balerion was.

I sincerely doubt this. This season been so perfect for Dany that it actually telegraphs that she is due for MAJOR defeat. I suspect that the next season they will start with some fights that might be struggles but Dany wins easily as usual but then they throw something at her that would lead for big defeat, it would have a good shock value too and destroy her overconfidence. I am thinking one of her dragons will be stolen (like by Dragonhorn) or killed

Archived