Euron Greyjoy HAS to capture one of Dannys dragons right?

Danny has Tyrells, Dorne, Ironborn, Unsullied, Meereneese, Dothraki and 3 dragons. Even if Jon Snow declared for Cersei (not going to happen) she would still out number them 3:1 and out man power. The only way to make this interesting is if Danny's gets a huge disadvantage, I could see maybe Euron marrying Cersei with Dannys stolen dragons. Also that would force Jon and Danny together. How do you guys think this will play out?

I completely agree with you, a correction is coming. It'll be good too, watching Dany run over Westeros would be boring. Euron will probably meet Dany's fleet in the middle of the Narrow Sea next season and there will be fireworks. I'm sure the Martell's will die as probably the reason they transported them to the ships so quickly. I'll be a happy camper if Euron becomes the major villain for the rest of the show.

11 hours ago, ewantu2 said:

Danny has Tyrells, Dorne, Ironborn, Unsullied, Meereneese, Dothraki and 3 dragons. Even if Jon Snow declared for Cersei (not going to happen) she would still out number them 3:1 and out man power. The only way to make this interesting is if Danny's gets a huge disadvantage, I could see maybe Euron marrying Cersei with Dannys stolen dragons. Also that would force Jon and Danny together. How do you guys think this will play out?

How do you just steal three dragons?  I know in the books that Euron has a horn which apparently can control dragons, but this was never introduced in the show and I find it highly unlikely they will do so now.  If they were going to have the dragon horn in the show, it should have been introduced at the Kingsmoot, which I always felt was part of the reason Euron won the Kingsmoot.  Instead Euron wins the Kingsmoot in the show by talking about his cock.

I'm so over these "Dany's army must suffer losses" scenarios. Why? Why does there have to be a struggle for the throne? Isn't the point that Westeros has been destroying itself for years now, leaving the throne ripe for picking? Dany's real war isn't for the throne, it's versus the WW. She may be overprepared for the throne, but she's possibly underprepared for the WW.

38 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

How do you just steal three dragons?  I know in the books that Euron has a horn which apparently can control dragons, but this was never introduced in the show and I find it highly unlikely they will do so now.  If they were going to have the dragon horn in the show, it should have been introduced at the Kingsmoot, which I always felt was part of the reason Euron won the Kingsmoot.  Instead Euron wins the Kingsmoot in the show by talking about his cock.

This does make sense, which would lead me to the conclusion that it cannot necessarily be ruled out to happen in the show. d$d don't exactly have a spot on record when it comes to their plot making sense, or having incidences happening when they should. For instance, one would assume that Davos might have discovered the wooden carving that belonged to Shireen a lot sooner (if at all, as last time I checked, wood is flammable) and confronted Mel around episode one or two, but of course this didn't occur until episode ten. :dunno: Maybe they will introduce the Dragon horn still? If it's needed to shoehorn in a particular plot point that they creatively would like to happen, I would not put it past d$d to introduce it in the same episode that it is needed. In fact, at this point, I wouldn't put it past d$d to turn the Dragon horn into a kazoo, may the Old Gods and the New, have mercy on their souls.

...Or, then again, he may just shame the dragons into following him with talk of how his cock is bigger than theirs.

39 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

Maybe his cock will be the show version of the dragon horn.

3 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

This does make sense, which would lead me to the conclusion that it cannot necessarily be ruled out to happen in the show. d$d don't exactly have a spot on record when it comes to their plot making sense, or having incidences happening when they should. For instance, one would assume that Davos might have discovered the wooden carving that belonged to Shireen a lot sooner (if at all, as last time I checked, wood is flammable) and confronted Mel around episode one or two, but of course this didn't occur until episode ten. :dunno: Maybe they will introduce the Dragon horn still? If it's needed to shoehorn in a particular plot point that they creatively would like to happen, I would not put it past d$d to introduce it in the same episode that it is needed. In fact, at this point, I wouldn't put it past d$d to turn the Dragon horn into a kazoo, may the Old Gods and the New, have mercy on their souls.

...Or, then again, he may just shame the dragons into following him with talk of how his cock is bigger than theirs.

Hah! You beat me to it.

18 minutes ago, GravyFace said:

I'm so over these "Dany's army must suffer losses" scenarios. Why? Why does there have to be a struggle for the throne? Isn't the point that Westeros has been destroying itself for years now, leaving the throne ripe for picking? Dany's real war isn't for the throne, it's versus the WW. She may be overprepared for the throne, but she's possibly underprepared for the WW.

Human conflict is so much more fun than an all powerful Dany facing off against the WW (imo). 

17 minutes ago, GravyFace said:

She has three dragons and thousands upon thousands of troops, she can totally take on the WW as she is. But that would be boring because conflict is the heart of drama, as they say. Hence, complications. 

I think we'll see the horn. I think the reason Euron didn't show it at the Kingsmoot is because he's yet to acquire it. My guess is he gets it en route to Meereen, via the Qarth warlocks or some other way. 

21 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

She has three dragons and thousands upon thousands of troops, she can totally take on the WW as she is. But that would be boring because conflict is the heart of drama, as they say. Hence, complications. 

I think we'll see the horn. I think the reason Euron didn't show it at the Kingsmoot is because he's yet to acquire it. My guess is he gets it en route to Meereen, via the Qarth warlocks or some other way. 

Dany can't take the WW on by herself. She has an army made up of southern or foreign troops. She's going to need the North and everyone else to come together. 

Dany has had conflict and drama and complications for a long time now. We're heading to the beginning of the final act, why does there need to be even more drama stopping her? This next season will focus on these alliances, likely after Cersei and/or Euron have been dealt with, and also learning of the real threat. I don't expect some drawn out drama with Cersei or Euron, and I don't expect Dany to suffer heavy losses against either of them.

1 hour ago, GravyFace said:

Dany can't take the WW on by herself. She has an army made up of southern or foreign troops. She's going to need the North and everyone else to come together. 

Dany has had conflict and drama and complications for a long time now. We're heading to the beginning of the final act, why does there need to be even more drama stopping her? This next season will focus on these alliances, likely after Cersei and/or Euron have been dealt with, and also learning of the real threat. I don't expect some drawn out drama with Cersei or Euron, and I don't expect Dany to suffer heavy losses against either of them.

I think they will spend next season on Daeny os Cersei and Euron. Same with Jon and LF and Sansa. It's not going to be case of 3 or 4 episodes. They build it up Mad Queen vs Dragon Queen and they needd to justify Euron's character. If anyone expect Jon and Daeny to meet, you'll have to wait until season 8 as like more than 6 episodes of WW beating everybody would be boring.

I'd not hold my breath for that plot element in the show. There are only thirteen episodes left, after all, and they can easily stall time to for the great battle for KL in episode 6 of the next season, perhaps by allowing Cersei/Euron some sort of victory in a naval battle in an earlier episodes which rips Dany's armada apart, or something like that.

I don't even think Euron will successfully steal a dragon in the books. The idea that Dragonbinder will magically force a dragon to fly all the way to Euron on the Arbor is, frankly, an element from a children's book. Especially now that Moqorro is messing with it. The guy has no interest to allow Euron to capture one of the dragons and considering that he can predict the future very accurately it is very unlikely that he is not going to prevent that.

3 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

I'd not hold my breath for that plot element in the show. There are only thirteen episodes left, after all, and they can easily stall time to for the great battle for KL in episode 6 of the next season, perhaps by allowing Cersei/Euron some sort of victory in a naval battle in an earlier episodes which rips Dany's armada apart, or something like that.

I don't even think Euron will successfully steal a dragon in the books. The idea that Dragonbinder will magically force a dragon to fly all the way to Euron on the Arbor is, frankly, an element from a children's book. Especially now that Moqorro is messing with it. The guy has no interest to allow Euron to capture one of the dragons and considering that he can predict the future very accurately it is very unlikely that he is not going to prevent that.

It`s interesting how people forget about Moqorro and what his mission is.

I totally agree. He also has to build up more audience hate than Ramsey did, and he has to be in league with the Others and help their cause in some way. he is the face of evil now and it must be joined to the White Walkers before the end. Also he has to save Cersei's arse, cuz she's got nothing and is currently no threat whatsoever.

10 hours ago, Ruhail said:

I see Euron as a filler character that they're going to make Dany "heroically" burn to death

D&D did nothing to make Euron special. There could be a big reveal later, but it is unlikely. It will all be Cersei vs. Daenerys, Qyburn vs. Tyrion. But Cersei has not much else, just Gregor, and maybe some more wildfire. While Daenrys has everything else. And for D&D, Yara is a much better bed mate for Daenrys than Euron or Victarion. Euron may make common cause with Cersei, but he will be neither a dragons stealer or a gods slayer.

58 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

D&D did nothing to make Euron special. There could be a big reveal later, but it is unlikely. It will all be Cersei vs. Daenerys, Qyburn vs. Tyrion. But Cersei has not much else, just Gregor, and maybe some more wildfire. While Daenrys has everything else. And for D&D, Yara is a much better bed mate for Daenrys than Euron or Victarion. Euron may make common cause with Cersei, but he will be neither a dragons stealer or a gods slayer.

Euron is also not going to slay any gods. But he might win an insignificant victory over Dany's armada during some naval battle. There has to be some small tension in the next season. Presumably Dany's armada is going to land at KL to end this war quickly. Anything else would just be stupid.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Agreed. Its become so obvious that its a show about D&D's interests over the story and characters. They self insert say too often. E.g. Davos saying hes done with kings in ep9 to dump on Stannis when he didnt know he burnt Shireen and then in ep10 screaming his head off for Jon as Kitn even though he let Shireen's murderer live.

Archived