Euron Greyjoy HAS to capture one of Dannys dragons right?

I hope not.  Euron is an awful character and one the series can do without.  He needs to die off very fast in the books with his main actions having Vic bring Dany her fleet and killing Balon.  If GRRM makes him some other kind of evil Jack Sparrow main character?  Then he really has jumped the shark.

20 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

I'd not hold my breath for that plot element in the show. There are only thirteen episodes left, after all, and they can easily stall time to for the great battle for KL in episode 6 of the next season, perhaps by allowing Cersei/Euron some sort of victory in a naval battle in an earlier episodes which rips Dany's armada apart, or something like that.

I don't even think Euron will successfully steal a dragon in the books. The idea that Dragonbinder will magically force a dragon to fly all the way to Euron on the Arbor is, frankly, an element from a children's book. Especially now that Moqorro is messing with it. The guy has no interest to allow Euron to capture one of the dragons and considering that he can predict the future very accurately it is very unlikely that he is not going to prevent that.

The future can be changed. See the Stallion that Mounts the World

8 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I hope not.  Euron is an awful character and one the series can do without.  He needs to die off very fast in the books with his main actions having Vic bring Dany her fleet and killing Balon.  If GRRM makes him some other kind of evil Jack Sparrow main character?  Then he really has jumped the shark.

Euron is more like Saruman pretending to be evil Jack Sparrow.

But in any case you want to turn Euron into a boring one note plot device which would be even worse because then all that time spent on the ironborn was useless and nothing interesting comes out of this

On 03/07/2016 at 10:37 AM, Ser Gareth said:

Have u read the aeron chapter that was released from wow?  He's amazing!  I hope he and Cersei use wild fire to take down at least 1dragon :rofl:

On 7/3/2016 at 2:42 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

But in any case you want to turn Euron into a boring one note plot device which would be even worse because then all that time spent on the ironborn was useless and nothing interesting comes out of this

I kind of feel that he will be a disappointment no matter what.  A dark evil lord with visions of world domination and unleashing hell on earth...not sure where he can go with that in terms of nuance and characterization.  Or, a wanna be dark evil lord who gets killed off without having achieved his goals.  I don't see, other than maybe giving some back story on Valyria and their practices, how he is not going to be a let down.

On 3 July 2016 at 7:42 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I'd rather Euron didn't exist at all.  It makes no sense whatsoever that the Iron Born would follow someone like him.

And for the record in my opinion anytime spent on the Iron Born is useless and nothing interesting has come out of it so far, including Theon.

On July 5, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Ser Gareth said:

I'd rather Euron didn't exist at all.  It makes no sense whatsoever that the Iron Born would follow someone like him.

And for the record in my opinion anytime spent on the Iron Born is useless and nothing interesting has come out of it so far, including Theon.

Why wouldn't it make sense? Explain your reasoning. 

Because Euron is manipulating their stupidity against them.

Euron looks like the quintessential ironborn. He's famous, he brought lots of expensive gifts, he has shiny toys and is promising them things he won't really follow through on.

He's a competent version of Donald Trump.

On July 5, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Cas Stark said:

I kind of feel that he will be a disappointment no matter what.  A dark evil lord with visions of world domination and unleashing hell on earth...not sure where he can go with that in terms of nuance and characterization.  Or, a wanna be dark evil lord who gets killed off without having achieved his goals.  I don't see, other than maybe giving some back story on Valyria and their practices, how he is not going to be a let down.

All dark lords get killed off without achieving their goals.

I mean are the Others really that much more interesting? They're basically icey kill-bots

On 7/3/2016 at 7:33 AM, grufolo said:

Why do you need Euron to do the job that a simple, well placed sea storm can do?

Leave aside the fact that Aegon's fleet in the novels was hampered by storms, Euron's "I am the storm" comment along with Daenerys Stormborn returning to Dragonstone seem to foreshadow this. All we'd need is for Cersei to make a snide divine wind comment.

6 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

All dark lords get killed off without achieving their goals.

I mean are the Others really that much more interesting? They're basically icey kill-bots

Thought that of Sauron and his minions , if they had of won Middle Earth would have been as dull as dirt.

On 7/1/2016 at 0:54 PM, ewantu2 said:

Danny has Tyrells, Dorne, Ironborn, Unsullied, Meereneese, Dothraki and 3 dragons. Even if Jon Snow declared for Cersei (not going to happen) she would still out number them 3:1 and out man power. The only way to make this interesting is if Danny's gets a huge disadvantage, I could see maybe Euron marrying Cersei with Dannys stolen dragons. Also that would force Jon and Danny together. How do you guys think this will play out?

If things follow form Drogon will be twice as big next season, and free ranging Viserion and Rhaegal could be as big as Drogon is now.

In the books it's unclear that Dragonbinder even works as Euron thinks it does.

Thing is  the match for the dragons is some mysterious WMD that The Others have ... that's the NightWalkerWhiteKing on the show.

The introduction of Ramsey Bolton was delayed in the show and yet nobody remembers that now. He became the archvillain of the last season. Same goes for Euron. His late introduction means nothing and he has the same sadistic aptitude (or plot armor if you like) as Ramsey. The horn might be introduced easily anytime deus ex machina.

Danny is way to powerful now to be struggling whole season. WW are no match against the dragons, they cannot even fight back unless they have dragons of their own. Perhaps undead ice-dragon will be introduced after Euron makes them fight each other.

On 2 July 2016 at 6:38 AM, Rubicante said:

If they were going to have the dragon horn in the show, it should have been introduced at the Kingsmoot

You underestimate Dumb & Dumber. They will shove it in next season regardless of any build up. Like the way they brought Euron into the show. All they need is a quick reveal followed by an OTT death scene and 90% of the audience will lap it up. 

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:38 AM, Rubicante said:

How do you just steal three dragons?  I know in the books that Euron has a horn which apparently can control dragons, but this was never introduced in the show and I find it highly unlikely they will do so now.  If they were going to have the dragon horn in the show, it should have been introduced at the Kingsmoot, which I always felt was part of the reason Euron won the Kingsmoot.  Instead Euron wins the Kingsmoot in the show by talking about his cock.

With the setup they had given it though I think there version works much better, the Iron Born are a very matter of fact people and a simple political plan is a much easier sell than magic plus the plan and the way he sells it reinforces the misogyny that's partly behind not choosing Yara.

We did get some setup in Eurons introduction killing Balon that theres more to him than simply an being another ambitious lord so I wouldn't altogether rule out some kind of magic which if its going to be used next season is surely best introduced then as well? The alternative could I spose be that he captures a dragon in a more conventional fashion which would make for a decent action scene as least.

There being a Dragon on Cersei and Euron's side could be a lead in to Bran potentially taking control of it I spose or perhaps on it turning against them and destroying the Red Keep.

Archived