Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

Jonathan, do you still have some GoT left? If so, how would we pay you and ensure recept of item? No offence intended, but we all have to protect ourselves. I've been burnt in the past and wouldn't want it to happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just recently joined although I've been a fan of these books since they came out. It was only after rereading that I started to again crave spoilers and discussion of ADWD. Well I am very interested in buying a copy of AGoT if anyone has one they would like to sell.

I just received GoT #116 from kishkeking in perfect sealed, un-opened condition. Great transaction, very nice and professional person.

To anyone looking to pick up his last copy, I would do it now beofore the HBO program begins. Once everyone else sees how great this series really is, you'll be fighting everyone on Ebay to get it.

Thanks again Jonathan.

To all who read this forum I have one brand new copy left of the numbered Meisha Merlin edition of Game of Thrones. I am asking $1800 which although is a lot of money, is fair. There are very few out there on the market and i am selling my copy for the least amount. I've sold 4 other copies to members of this forum and I assure everyone, that they are all pleased. If anyone has any questions for me about how I came to have so many copies or any questions about the book itself, feel free to message me or contact me at my email address: [email protected].

BTW, this book is indeed a worldwide phenom. Of the four copies I've sold, one has gone to France, Canada, England, and the US.

Cheers all,

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

I have #448 of AGoT and ACoK. With the snafu surrounding Storm, I never received 448 (though SubPress says they shipped it to me). So, two things:

1) Does anyone have A Storm of Swords #448?

2) Does anyone have A Feast for Crows #448?

I am in need of both.

Assuming that neither are out there - who has this pair of books for sale?

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all. I thought I had posted this before, but obviously not since i dont see it. Also I'm kind of a retard when it comes to this kind of thing.

Anyway, I have been following this thread for some time and finally decided to sign up for this forum and post. I have AGoT, ACoK (Meisha) and ASoS (sub press) all numbered 184 that I am selling. I want to offer them to the real fans of this forum before I put them on ebay or Amazon. If anyone is interested please email or message me. [email protected].

thank you

kt

I guess I'll post to see if anyone here has Game of Thrones 75. I have Clash-Feast in that number. With the new announcements I'll probably just sell Clash and put together a matching Sub Press collection, but I wouldn't be opposed to matching all Meisha and Sub Press if I could get the right number for the right price.

I've said this before, but know that some folks don't read a topic form its very beginning:

When the Meisha Merlin edition of GoT came out, there were buyers who were only interested in the edition because they collected Jeff Jones, the artist on the MM edition. The same thing happened with the MM edition of ACoK, because they collected John Howe art.

So between those collectors who were only interested in the art in specific MM editions, and the record keeping mistakes and lack of clear 'rights' to subsequent volumes when the projects were passed on to Sub Press, some of these MM numbered/lettered editions will not be seen on auction sites anytime in the near future. You might want to search using the artists' names first and GRRM second if you're hoping to find some of those most elusive copies.

MM also gave us several of the lettered and numbered editions. Bill changed this when he took over the series, so we get presentation copies now.

But if you're looking for the MM lettered "P" editions, or the numbered "18" edition (I think that's the number I picked, I'd have to check), they're in my personal GRRM collection, and those won't be on the market until after I'm dead and gone and only if my heirs decide they want to sell off Aunt Parris' collection - and they know I'll come back from the dead to torment them in this life and the next one if they do sell off my GRRM collection.

I've said this before, but know that some folks don't read a topic form its very beginning:

But if you're looking for the MM lettered "P" editions, or the numbered "18" edition (I think that's the number I picked, I'd have to check), they're in my personal GRRM collection, and those won't be on the market until after I'm dead and gone and only if my heirs decide they want to sell off Aunt Parris' collection - and they know I'll come back from the dead to torment them in this life and the next one if they do sell off my GRRM collection.

Hopefully you have the "PP" editions of the MM books, otherwise Dolly isn't the only clone out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all. I thought I had posted this before, but obviously not since i dont see it. Also I'm kind of a retard when it comes to this kind of thing.

Anyway, I have been following this thread for some time and finally decided to sign up for this forum and post. I have AGoT, ACoK (Meisha) and ASoS (sub press) all numbered 184 that I am selling. I want to offer them to the real fans of this forum before I put them on ebay or Amazon. If anyone is interested please email or message me. [email protected].

thank you

kt

i'm interested KT. shoot me a PM or something, this is my first post so I'm not sure how this works. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a little advice.

I've been given a copy of AGoT by an author friend to auction with the proceeded going to a charity he supports

Its pristine having never (as far as I can tell) been read in it's green slip case (number 71).

Can anyone advise me of the best way to offer it out? Is it still Ebay?

Very many thanks,

Steve

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a little advice.

I've been given a copy of AGoT by an author friend to auction with the proceeded going to a charity he supports

Its pristine having never (as far as I can tell) been read in it's green slip case (number 71).

Can anyone advise me of the best way to offer it out? Is it still Ebay?

Very many thanks,

Steve

eBay might be the best. I'd make an offer, but that's not an auction. So eBay. Good luck!

I'm thinking of selling this copy of AGoT privately, I'm trying to raise as much for the charity as I can, and seeing that eBay take a good 10%, I'm sure that the charity could make better use of the money than eBay!

So, what's a good price to offer it for?

I've seen values from around $2000 to over $2500!! I don't want to look like I'm overpricing (or ripping anyone off), I'd just like to get a good price?

I'm selling this on behalf of Simon R Green (the author of the Nightside and Deatherstalker books).

I run his website, so people can contact me through that so I can prove I'm not just some scammer !!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of selling this copy of AGoT privately, I'm trying to raise as much for the charity as I can, and seeing that eBay take a good 10%, I'm sure that the charity could make better use of the money than eBay!

If you set up a charity auction and donate 100% of the proceeds then ebay will waive 100% of their fees. Unfortunately PayPal will still take their cut if the person uses that payment method, so you will lose some of the money unless you can convince the buyer to pay using a different method.

If you do put the book on ebay make sure you list it internationally as well as domestically, and help potential buyers out by getting shipping costs for likely destinations (UK, Australia, Western Europe). The key to getting the best price is to widen the pool of potential bidders as much as possible.

So, what's a good price to offer it for?

I've seen values from around $2000 to over $2500!! I don't want to look like I'm overpricing (or ripping anyone off), I'd just like to get a good price?

I'm selling this on behalf of Simon R Green (the author of the Nightside and Deatherstalker books).

I run his website, so people can contact me through that so I can prove I'm not just some scammer !!

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

I think you may struggle to get those prices, the last copy that sold (that I'm aware of) went for just under $1500. Of course people may be willing to offer more for a charity auction. Maybe start high and be prepared to drop if you don't get any interest.

If you want to list the book for sale here you should start a dedicated thread - I doubt this one gets many daily views. It may also be worth contacting GRRM about this, as your sale is for charity he may be willing to mention it in his blog to help drum up interest.

Archived