Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

Hey, it's marked down from $9500! What a deal.

This sort of thing isn't unusual; you ask for a ton of money and hope somebody bites. If nobody does you can always sell it for less money later. And, hey, if somebody buys it you make out like a bandit. Remember, all it takes is one!

Yeah if I were selling I'd likely try the same, especially with the new found popularity, but it still took me by surprise when I saw it! Think I'll just stick with my not-so-limited editions for now...

Some people have both Justinian . . . :thumbsup:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you won't see another lettered set anytime soon. That last one was first I'd seen in a decade, it may be a decade more before we seen another one

I think you'll likely see another complete lettered set before then - I will probably list mine for sale next year after receiving ADwD (which I just ordered from SubPress). Hopefully the second season of the HBO show will be airing around then and might help boost prices.

Never envisioned this kind of appreciation in price when I got that first MM edition, I just loved AGoT. But I've gotten out of my small-time collecting habit and this is my last collectible. Well, this and a 1st edition of John Kennedy Toole's "A Confederacy Of Dunces", which I'll never sell :laugh:.

. . . and it won't be for 10k. :drool:

Knock wood. I just hope that price wasn't the high water mark or something - but someone up-thread apparently saw a complete numbered set selling for over $8K, so the trend definitely seems to be up .

It looks to me like the seller is hoping someone is confused and believes he is buying a lettered set based on the price. I can't see any other reason to list a numbered set for exactly the price the lettered set sold for when that price is double what the last few numbered sets fetched.

It looks to me like the seller is hoping someone is confused and believes he is buying a lettered set based on the price. I can't see any other reason to list a numbered set for exactly the price the lettered set sold for when that price is double what the last few numbered sets fetched.

I'm assuming you guys are also following this to see if anyone (foolishly) bites. You'd think anyone forking out 10k would have done their homework, but who knows. Be interesting to see, it's obviously going to be up there for a while- it's on my watch list just for kicks anyway!

People can PM me here (assuming that works) if they are interested in my almost complete set (see post 2 up). I'm not sure how long I'll hold on to them hoping to hook up with #11 AFfC, but when/if I do decide to sell (hopefully decide in the next month or so) I'll let you know.

Lets not crowd this forum though.

Hi,

Just wanted to give evryone a heads up. Im selling a full set of ice and fire books on ebay. I bought a set lower number and i cant afford to keep 2 sets. Im selling #61 and they come with future rights to all books of that number.

Thanks

Simon

Archived