Cersei's Death

Bainberg

24 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think that another "burn them all" will trigger him again, I can see a peasant revolt against Cersei in KL is coming because she killed their Queen, their most beloved Sparrow and destroyed the holliest place in KL, she can't win over the people, in the show she was always associated with the people and they always showed us the hate of the residents to Cersei, and in a moment of desperation she will order Qyburn to lit the rest of the wildfire

is this not too expected?  everyone keeps saying she will "burn them ALL" and repeat the Mad  King and Jaime will defend the city.  I can't see it.  I could even see Arya battling Jaime with his stump for the right to kill Cercei.  She might could win with his disadvantage.  I don't see her killing Jaime, I see a building anger from Jaime against Cercei but if he dispatches her, is he not next in line?  But he has the Oath and all that... Casterly Rock has no heir, maybe a cousin?  But Jaime hates to rule and never wanted it. 

I can't see him going weepy for the citizens of KL and slaying her over that.  Unless to save his own life because he's about to be killed in the blast or something.  I've changed my opinion on the rancor between C & J now..... because to him, she stepped up - she did not kill Tommen, he jumped.... what's his motivation?  Then I think of the empty pages in the book about him and maybe he wants to go out having saved the city for his own legacy in remembrance.  It's hard

29 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I think that another "burn them all" will trigger him again, I can see a peasant revolt against Cersei in KL is coming because she killed their Queen, their most beloved Sparrow and destroyed the holliest place in KL, she can't win over the people, in the show she was always associated with the people and they always showed us the hate of the residents to Cersei, and in a moment of desperation she will order Qyburn to lit the rest of the wildfire

Yeah good point. In season six, Tommen converting to the beliefs of the High Sparrow along with Margary to me signaled him taking the side of the people because I think at that point Sparrow had gained the trust of the people. And Cersei blowing up the High Sparrow and a good portion of their follows will strike a rebellion with the people. Perhaps Cersei is psycho enough to burn everyone.

8 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Cercei is on the Kill List tho

So was Joffrey. So was Tywin. 

Cersei barely did anything to Arya, compared to others who deserve it way more. Walder Frey made sense because Arya was there for the Red Wedding, but she never even had a scene with Cersei. She just hates her because she assosciate her with Ned's death, even tho we know Cersei tried to stop it. 

24 minutes ago, dsug said:

So was Joffrey. So was Tywin. 

Cersei barely did anything to Arya, compared to others who deserve it way more. Walder Frey made sense because Arya was there for the Red Wedding, but she never even had a scene with Cersei. She just hates her because she assosciate her with Ned's death, even tho we know Cersei tried to stop it. 

Let's not to pretend Cersei tried to stop Ned's death for anything other than selfish reasons. It sure as hell wasn't because she felt sympathy for Ned or wanted to alter their behaviour or the way they treated Starks....it was because she knew killing Ned would lead to war....which would put Cersei herself and those she cared about directly in the firing line.

4 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Let's not to pretend Cersei tried to stop Ned's death for anything other than selfish reasons. It sure as hell wasn't because she felt sympathy for Ned or wanted to alter their behaviour or the way they treated Starks....it was because she knew killing Ned would lead to war....which would put Cersei herself and those she cared about directly in the firing line.

Of course she didn't care about how the Starks felt, but still the fact is that she didn't want to kill him. 

Arya and Cersei have never even had a scene together. It would be so out of left field of Arya killed her. No, her death will be a part of Dany's conquest, not some Tarantino-style revenge scheme. 

4 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

10 minutes ago, dsug said:

Of course she didn't care about how the Starks felt, but still the fact is that she didn't want to kill him. 

Arya and Cersei have never even had a scene together. It would be so out of left field of Arya killed her. No, her death will be a part of Dany's conquest, not some Tarantino-style revenge scheme. 

Agreed. Arya doesn't need to kill Cersei just because she's on the list. Arya got plenty of satisfaction from Joffrey's death and she wasn't responsible for that one. 

Cersei will be killed by one of her brothers, or as a result or her own madness. 

In one or two episodes, the HS tells he has the numbers, and the king and lords can't do anything against that. Then Cersei burns the HS, a few of his zealots, the queen the people loved. She loses the pretense of alliance she has with the Tyrells. And she should still be in control? Cersei has never been so weak. And it is when Daenrys will get there! I don't understand why Daenrys would have to fight anyone? Dorne and the Tyrells are already for her.

The book prophecy speaks of the valonqar. But it was not played by the show. Just the "younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear". My guess, she will die some horrible way, be fire I suppose. Burned by Daenrys' dragons. Or maybe Tyrion's. Would be well for D&D.

16 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

The book prophecy speaks of the valonqar. But it was not played by the show. Just the "younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear".

I think this was done on the show to allow for it to be Margaery Tyrell, she took both of Cersei's sons away from her, as a result she will lose Jaime too. I feel that Jaime will leave Kings landing and try to find Brienne after realizing he lost his sister to madness. As for Cercei's actual death, she seems to follow through with things and try to do whatever she wants, so she most likely will destroy Kings landing with more wildfire. I think this will allow us to find the real Lightbringer sword. Blowing up the throne with the only sword remaining will be the legendary sword that will be glowing and giving of heat as a result of the explosion.

8 hours ago, KingofIce said:

I think this was done on the show to allow for it to be Margaery Tyrell, she took both of Cersei's sons away from her, as a result she will lose Jaime too. I feel that Jaime will leave Kings landing and try to find Brienne after realizing he lost his sister to madness. As for Cercei's actual death, she seems to follow through with things and try to do whatever she wants, so she most likely will destroy Kings landing with more wildfire. I think this will allow us to find the real Lightbringer sword. Blowing up the throne with the only sword remaining will be the legendary sword that will be glowing and giving of heat as a result of the explosion.

Thinking about Jaime. From the look Arya gave him at RR, I feel she plans to kill him too. Arya seems to follow the path GRRM gave to Stoneheart. But I don't think she will do it. I suppose she will have followed Jaime to KL. Anyway, she should have Cersei on top of her list now.

I doubt that Dany will be the one that will burn them all. Based on the fact that the throne is forged using the fire of a dragon and in Dany's vision the throne is not destroyed, that a dragon did not do it. Its more likely that all the damage and ash that is seen in the vision is from a near by explosion that caused parts of the building to collapse and get ash to fall like it does from a fire or volcano or the doom of a city.

On 7/6/2016 at 9:08 AM, GravyFace said:

Agreed. Arya doesn't need to kill Cersei just because she's on the list. Arya got plenty of satisfaction from Joffrey's death and she wasn't responsible for that one. 

Cersei will be killed by one of her brothers, or as a result or her own madness. 

I don't know. 

When Arya talks to the actress about Cersei, Arya knew what motivated Cersei. She seems to have thought a lot about it. I could see Arya being the one to kill her.

Archived