Is the Weeper the smartest guy north of the Wall?

Lost Umber

Every one else goes through the trouble of burning their dead so they can't come back as wights. It's not so easy to burn a freshly killed body... Trust me. I imagine it's especially difficult in the freezing cold. 

The Weeper doesn't waste time with burning. He just cuts out the eyes...like a boss. They can't turn blue and become wights. The dudes is brilliant. No wonder he's stilling running free. 

I've thought about that also, I think the eyes turning blue is similar to the movie I robot where when the red light is on they are being controlled by the super computer, the blue eyes show the WW's are connected.  However it seems like if thats all it took than other wildlings would be doing that as well, and the weaper has also been doing that since before the WW's were a threat, so I think it's just his thing.  Though as of this moment, he very well may be since he is leading his group, and the other group is led by a lady talking about prophecies and such at Hardhome, which didn't work out so well for them.

13 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

Varamyr's prologue in Dance. When he tries to warg Thistle, the spearwife that was with him, she scratches her eyes out. Next thing you know ahe rises as a wight with blue lights in her eye-sockets.

Wow.  Good catch.  You just destroyed my theory. 

And what a dumb-ass that weeper is!  No wonder he got beat by The Old Pomegranate. 

3 hours ago, Lost Umber said:

Every one else goes through the trouble of burning their dead so they can't come back as wights. It's not so easy to burn a freshly killed body... Trust me. I imagine it's especially difficult in the freezing cold. 

The Weeper doesn't waste time with burning. He just cuts out the eyes...like a boss. They can't turn blue and become wights. The dudes is brilliant. No wonder he's stilling running free. 

Huh???

On 7/2/2016 at 11:29 AM, Lost Umber said:

2 hours ago, The North Forgot said:

We're mostly made of water and flesh, doesnt burn that easy, especially not in arctic temperatures I'd imagine

Let's not pretend that it's hard to cremate a corpse.

3 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Let's not pretend that it's hard to cremate a corpse.

It kind of is, though.  Getting a fire hot enough to turn a body (and bones) to ash is not particularly easy, especially not with an open-air fire in the wild.  The chamber of a crematorium is typically 1400-2100 degrees F.

54 minutes ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

He should cut off their arms and tie their feet together. 

Or just cut off the legs of all the corpses?  A bit more work than taking out eyes, but faster than burning, and an army of legless, undead ankle biters just isn't that fearsome.

On 7/2/2016 at 1:03 PM, Ser Daegon said:

Huh???

That was my reaction. :o

15 hours ago, The North Forgot said:

We're mostly made of water and flesh, doesnt burn that easy, especially not in arctic temperatures I'd imagine

I'm quite glad you included the bolded. 

2 hours ago, YOVMO said:

Or just dress them up in really embarrassing outfits.

You mean like Myrcella's Disney princess dress? or Sansa's bad ass bitch feather dress? Or maybe Cercei's Hellraiser outfit?

Cold weather tends to have very low humidity, might make it easier to burn a body because of desiccation, although I don't know how quickly that would happen or to what degree it would be offset by bodily fluids freezing that would otherwise have evaporated. I could see it going either way, but I'd imagine that the freezing probably would make them harder to burn.

2 hours ago, Darkstream said:

That was my reaction. :o

I'm quite glad you included the bolded. 

You mean like Myrcella's Disney princess dress? or Sansa's bad ass bitch feather dress? Or maybe Cercei's Hellraiser outfit?

Marcella's disney princess dress would be perfect. I think if the others rose with their blue eyes and found themselves dressed like that they would be way too ashamed to go anywhere.

That dress was on par with Serpentor's uniform in terms of absurdity.

8 minutes ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

Well, this went off the rails quickly.

I liked Myrcella's dress. The coral one she wears when she tells jaime he looks different. She is a princess.

Well, nothing against the dress per say, although it's not really to my taste, but it is quite anachronistic to the universe the story is suppose to be set in. That's what my main gripe with it is.

Archived