Will the whole population of King's Landing burn?

So, in the House of the Undying, Dany walks through a burned down throne room in the Red Keep. Personally, I thought that Cersei was going to burn all of King's Landing in S6E10, but that obviously didn't happen. And since we know that the Red Keep has to be burned down eventually, I think it wouldn't make much sense to first burn the Sept of Baelor, then the Red Keep, but leave the rest of the city intact. And also there's clearly been foreshadowing showing us that King's Landing is doomed (for example when Jaime brags to Qyburn how he saved the lives of half a million people).

So, what are you guys' opinions? Will all of King's Landing burn and, more importantly, who will burn it? Daenerys or Cersei? One Mad Queen or the other?

I personally think it will be cersei. She is already psychotic, and if she feels her reign is ending, she will get even more crazy and desperate. Especially since her children are all dead now, and it seems like jaime hates her now. And she has already done it once and it worked out for her.

I could see her looking out a window at danys dragons and thinking, "oh yeah? Well I got my own fire right here."

Book spoilers:

Spoiler

She might just pull a mad king from the books.. aerys knew he was doomed, so rather than die or be taken, he wants to take all of KL with him so that Robert has nothing to rule. "Let him be king of charred bones and cooked meat."

So maybe she will realize her end is near, and she will destroy kings landing totally and completely, because in her mind, that's better than losing.

It's also possible that cersei tries to take out another portion of the town, and instead it all goes up in flame. Wild fire is very flammable and it's all over KL.

It's hard to imagine dany doing it, the red keep is a huge part of her family history, and the throne is what she wants more than anything.

Archived