Dany and the Iron Throne

ceerup

We saw in the house of the undying that she walked into the throne room and it was burnt down and snowing and she was alone, do you guys think that will be one of the last episodes? or parts of the beginning of season 7? or was it just a dream? I would like to discuss it. If she is alone that means her whole army is most likely crushed by some force. 

She will burn the Red Keep with her dragons like Aegon I did with Harrenhall, and she is alone simply because she is the first to enter the burnt room. I think it might be next seasons final episode, because of the clímax it would mean. I dont think it will be a dream because its snowing in the dream and now that winter has finally come, it will soon snow in Kings Landing as well ( as it does in the books). Thats what will probably happen, u ll see.

7 hours ago, ceerup said:

We saw in the house of the undying that she walked into the throne room and it was burnt down and snowing and she was alone, do you guys think that will be one of the last episodes? or parts of the beginning of season 7? or was it just a dream? I would like to discuss it. If she is alone that means her whole army is most likely crushed by some force. 

In my opinion, all of King's Landing, including the Red Keep, will get burned to the ground by Cersei. Maybe Dany then immediately redirects her forces north (since she already has the Reach and Dorne) but rides back to King's Landing on Drogon (or stays behind while the forces go north) and enters the throne room and in that moment we, as viewers, know she's thinking something like "I could have saved all those people, had I only got to this room on time." 

Reading this just randomly gave me this crazy image of Dany walking into the ruined throne room snowing to see the Night's King sitting on the Iron Throne smiling(think the exact face he gave Jon at Hardhome as he raised the dead). Tell me that ain't one of the most awesome mental images ever.

For me, the Stormborn looked astonished by the destruction of the Red Keep, I'm fairly sure that is not her who did that, I don't think that her army is defeated at this point, I think it's her first visit to the iron throne, it's just an image of disappointment because how actively a tirelessly she worked to gather the biggest army in planteos but in the end she didn't find any resistance to the iron throne, I think that a peasant revolt in KL will destroy the red keep

4 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

Reading this just randomly gave me this crazy image of Dany walking into the ruined throne room snowing to see the Night's King sitting on the Iron Throne smiling(think the exact face he gave Jon at Hardhome as he raised the dead). Tell me that ain't one of the most awesome mental images ever.

That is cool - though I think Dany will burn the throne room and it was ash, not snow, falling in her house of the Undying vision.

3 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

It's possible that it's just a metaphor; the war on the throne will be costly

or it can be a vision of the future as in a seige that damages the red keep.

yeah I took it to be taking the place of the woman being ravaged by dwarves vision to signify the war in westeros, whereas here it was a ruined throneroom signifying the same sentiment, in picking it apart the fandom seem to have given it a more literal interpretation

19 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

that would be cool, i think the night king is going to be one of the last characters. 

I too thought it was ash.

But then we see snow on the trone itself. She was about to brush it away, but her dragons called.

I guess she will be the only one to live at the end. She comes back to KL from the north and sees this.

51 minutes ago, ceerup said:

that would be cool, i think the night king is going to be one of the last characters. 

In a way he has to. He's been the most rarely used and foreshadowed character. It's not like he'll get easily killed off.

10 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

In a way he has to. He's been the most rarely used and foreshadowed character. It's not like he'll get easily killed off.

it makes sense because the shows first scene was the white walkers, only makes sense that the end scene is the night king

The only way Dany sits the Iron Throne, is if she becomes something of a villain in the final seasons of the show. 

Remember, George said that the finale will be bittersweet, so we aren't going to get Dany and Jon sitting the throne while their family (+Tyrion) look on with smiles on their faces before it fades to black with happy music. 

Clearly her visions in the HOTU are not to be taken literally. Otherwise, she would find Khal Drogo with their baby in a hut by the Wall.

That being said, her vision could be interpreted several ways, now that we've had 4 additional seasons of developments. The literal interpretation would be that indeed as others suggested Dany walks into a burnt out Red Keep covered in snow. We could surmise that the snow is because winter has arrived in KL, whether that's because of Winter just happening (white ravens were just sent out at the end of S6), or that the NK's invasion has brought winter to all of Westeros. Her touching the IT and not sitting down could mean that after seeing it in her grasp, she in the end chooses not to take the IT. Instead she walks out to the Wall. Why the tent with Drogo and Rhaegal is there, IDK.

A more metaphorical interpretation could be the snow represents Jon Snow, already in KL sitting the IT by the time Dany arrives there. I doubt it, but it's possible.

Finally, the vision could merely be her hopes, fears etc about her future back then. None of those visions may necessarily play out in a literal way.

Though I think that the red keep in the vision symbolises a devastated Westeros, I could see the red keep being literally destroyed too. The destruction will make her disillusioned with the throne and she will decide to go fight the true enemy in the North.

12 minutes ago, GilletteMace said:

i am a non believer when it comes to cersei burning down kings landing. the wildfires last purpose will be fighting the WW.

That assumes the white walkers will come as south as King's Landing. There is a lot of foreshadowing for the destruction of KL by wildfire.

Archived