Father and son and their love for willful and strong women...

Nami

You could just as easily go Freudian with it: he's attracted to redheads because the only mother he ever knew hated him, so he grew up craving her love.

But really, everyone loves strong women, especially in fiction, and especially with a writer who likes to think of himself as a feminist. (I read Meathouse Man, George. I know what's in your heart of hearts.)

3 hours ago, redtree said:

If she indeed ran away then i suppose she's willful but strong ? questionable

Knight of the Laughing Tree: there is evidence to suggest it was Lyanna who defeated the knights of the squires that tormented Howland.

2 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

You could just as easily go Freudian with it: he's attracted to redheads because the only mother he ever knew hated him, so he grew up craving her love.

But really, everyone loves strong women, especially in fiction, and especially with a writer who likes to think of himself as a feminist. (I read Meathouse Man, George. I know what's in your heart of hearts.)

He's not attracted to redheads tough, only Ygritte.

There are foreshadowings about Jon and Val like;

Val stood beside him, tall and fair. They had crowned her with a simple circlet of dark bronze, yet she looked more regal in bronze than Stannis did in gold.

Then Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him. They look as though they belong together.

You have my word, Lord Snow. I will be a proper wildling princess for your queen.

Jon has already been *married* to Val since he had *stole* her and got a giant to guard her. So I do believe that Val is Jon's true Queen.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

There are foreshadowings about Jon and Val like;

Jon has already been *married* to Val since he had *stole* her and got a giant to guard her. So I do believe that Val is Jon's true Queen.

even she becomes his queen, she will die anyway at some point, to make space for somebody more important, such as dany or arya or sansa. 

12 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

even she becomes his queen, she will die anyway at some point, to make space for somebody more important, such as dany or arya or sansa. 

That is your opinion. In my opinion Jon will never have sex with one of his sisters or with a kinslayer. So the three of them are out.

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

That is your opinion. In my opinion Jon will never have sex with one of his sisters or with a kinslayer. So the three of them are out.

i hope so. he seems like a frodo-type hero. so no woman for him to get a happy ending. 

I think Val is the one for Jon too, I think politically it makes sense, and it will have the literary satisfaction element as they are attracted to one another. So a politically stabilising match which the reader can root for too. 

I read an SSM recently which was from Balticon I believe where GRRM said he wishes the original outline had never been leaked, as frankly he was just making shit up in it. Now of course, he could just be saying that to throw people off the scent as it were, in regard to where the story is headed. But I am inclined to believe; given just how wildly it has diverged from that outline, that indeed we won't see a love affair with his sister/cousin. Be it Arya or Sansa. And I might add that on first read I thought he might marry them both in a mirror to Aegon the conqueror. 

But the story has grown, it has moved on exponentially from that initial outline and the relationships with Arya & Sansa have headed in another direction. Mainly in that both girls are becoming women who have their own ideas about love and marriage. And neither it seems would be up for doing the nasty with Jon. They each have their own very definite love interests.  Besides which there is no need for an alliance with either. The north is his through Lyanna, and the South through Rhaegar. Only the Wildlings whom he has brought into the realm require a bind to him and Val provides that. 

6 minutes ago, AvengerofWinterfell said:

how exactly is Dany a kinslayer?  

By Jon's own thoughts;

If he is not a kinslayer, he is the next best thing. Axell Florent’s brother had been burned by Melisandre, Maester Aemon had informed him, yet Ser Axell had done little and less to stop it. What sort of man can stand by idly and watch his own brother being burned alive?

6 minutes ago, AvengerofWinterfell said:

Im assuming you're categorizing Arya and Sansa as sisters

They are his sisters.

With just two books and a ton of story to tell, I hope these marriages happen soon so we have enough time to experience the pairings as a couple with either their good parts or their treacherous parts. 

47 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Where did this idea even come from? I see it repeated like it's a fact. Yet we know it isn't!

Because Melisandre I think, and she show-only redhead hooker from Winterfell who Jon told Sam he almost slept with. But his tiny attraction to Melisandre is because of her magical aura. Most men are attracted to her because of this tough. Even Davos admitted she's attractive and intruging even though he kind of hates her.

Archived