Damon_Tor

Oily Stone: Plastic?

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Damon_Tor said:

The distinction between psychic abilities and magic is meaningless.

You're right in a way, it's about setting I suppose.

How those abilities are gained though makes all the difference. Magic blood seems the same to someone who doesn't know better in universe, it seems for example the targaryans knew that by marrying each other it kept their blood pure.  

However how this was initially entered into their blood to me makes a difference.  Was it PUT there, or did it appear there?  'Magic' explains one, design the other.  Not in a religious way either to be clear.   

14 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

How are some of our on page happenings explained without magic though? Example: Birthing a 'shadow baby' which has the ability to murder.

That's easy: monsters from the id!

On 10/03/2017 at 2:03 AM, The Dragon has three heads said:

Magic is only magic if you don't understand it.

Not necessarily. In real life most magical systems have a complex structure behind it(doesn't really matter if they work). The term "occultism" itaelf push to it actually, "occult sciences".

Haha that's almost as much of an oxymoron as 'Christian science' ;)

i thought of a good argument against for magic and that's the face swapping of arya and jaquen.  

Unless it's actually only telepathy/wargs who can properly face swap making Jaquan and arya a lot more special and unique. 

The blood being somehow different and special and 'activating' the face is not a horrible explanation but it's a bit soft.