Semi Finals :Wales/Portugal, France/Germany, and Finals: France/Portugal

Yeah, it's hard to see Germany getting 2 goals.

I'm kind of glad it's going this way. Germany are obviously an excellent side in most facets of the game and I don't particularly dislike them but sides playing without a recognised striker, if they don't have Lionel Messi playing for them, get on my tits.

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

Germany are good at controlling possession but don't look all that threatening. France are not "fluking" it. If anything, the French have created the more clear cut opportunities.

Yeah, Germany have more control but France have more danger, which has really been the story for each team the whole tournament.

I think Germany had at least 3 near misses after the second goal, but they just don't have anyone who can actually score. I still think the refereeing was a bit asymmetric with the corner kicks, but France deserves to win.

Someone else has already pointed this out, but it would be ironic if Portugal somehow mugged a win during the final, the same as Greece did all those years ago against a more deserving side, considering Greece did it against Portugal. Let's hope for the sake of football France get the win.

Archived