Interesting easter egg from the Winds of Winter episode

iTchyGo

So the prophecy says a hero will be born under a "bleeding star", or something like that. In the Tower of Joy scene, when Ned enters the room, he places Sir Arthur Dayne's sword by the foot of the bed. Did anyone else notice the star on the hilt of the sword? Of course the bleeding part refers to the blood on the sword from the fight earlier. 

8 hours ago, Cragen said:

Sword Dawn is made from fallen star. So it can be bleeding star, but there is no smoke.

Actually, recalling Ned's words about the ToJ fight, he talks about mists or smoke 

In the dream they were only shadows, grey wraiths on horses made of mist.

3 hours ago, Onion Hound said:

Or it could symbolize that Lyanna just birthed the Sotm? He was born before the sword was placed there. If it's the ptwp prophecy, they are either trying to hard or not hard enough to make that fit. In my opinion. 

I'll agree that the scene was shot like that to keep the possibility alive in the minds of the fandom. I think the answer's more likely that Ned was just holding the sword after killing Dayne with it as he ran up to Lyanna.

Jon could be born during the fight. Dawn could be the bleeding star. But the salt and smoke are still not there. In books we rather expect the birth prophecy to apply to Jon's resurrection. But in the show I don't remember. Is it said somewhere "Born amidst salt and smoke, beneath a bleeding star" (Marwyn citing the prophecy)?

10 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Jon could be born during the fight. Dawn could be the bleeding star. But the salt and smoke are still not there. In books we rather expect the birth prophecy to apply to Jon's resurrection. But in the show I don't remember. Is it said somewhere "Born amidst salt and smoke, beneath a bleeding star" (Marwyn citing the prophecy)?

I think it`s maester Aemon said that. Maybe Marwyn when Sam told him about Aemons words. In the show Ned crying when he have Jon in his arms, maybe salt. I can`t see smoke.

13 minutes ago, Cragen said:

I think it`s maester Aemon said that. Maybe Marwyn when Sam told him about Aemons words. In the show Ned crying when he have Jon in his arms, maybe salt. I can`t see smoke.

Yes, my quote is from Marwyn (thus the books). But I don't remember Maester Aemon saying this in the show. Except Melisandre, I don't see who could have said it.

1 minute ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Yes, my quote is from Marwyn (thus the books). But I don't remember Maester Aemon saying this in the show. Except Melisandre, I don't see who could have said it.

Yes, Melisandre when Stanis and Renly meet. "Born amidst salt and smoke. Are you a ham?" - Renly

I think it was just a mistake/coincidence they're not that into the mysteries and prophecies of the series.

42 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Thanks. But I'm nearly sure there was no "bleeding star" in the show.

No. They super downplayed the red comet I think.

30 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

I think it was just a mistake/coincidence they're not that into the mysteries and prophecies of the series.

No. They super downplayed the red comet I think.

Except for when it actually appeared after Dany awoke dragons from stone.

10 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Except for when it actually appeared after Dany awoke dragons from stone.

Hence the statement:

They super down played it

15 hours ago, Cragen said:

Sword Dawn is made from fallen star. So it can be bleeding star, but  theres no smoke

If they want to stick to it word for word, that could come later, he is going to pull the Tower down, that could involve fire; also, there won't be any silent sisters around to help with Lyanna's corpse so I imagine he builds a funeral pyre then takes the bones up to Winterfell.

On 5.07.2016 at 5:22 PM, Onion Hound said:

Or it could symbolize that Lyanna just birthed the Sotm? He was born before the sword was placed there. If it's the ptwp prophecy, they are either trying to hard or not hard enough to make that fit. In my opinion. 

Lyanna screams just as Ser Arthur Dayne is slayed, she was in labour at that moment. House Dayne's sigil is a falling star, its seat at Starfall. Arthur was Lyanna and the baby's guardian. They were under his protection. Dawn is made of a meteorite. That part is pretty covered.

Salt are Lyanna and Ned's tears.

Smoke cold be fire burning, sunlight casting smoke-like shadow on those two (there's a pretty cool shot of that), or Jon's cover as Ned's bastard son (like smokescreen), needing his identity to be hidden from the world. Or something else...

15 minutes ago, Darksky said:

Lyanna screams just as Ser Arthur Dayne is slayed, she was in labour at that moment. House Dayne's sigil is a falling star, its seat at Starfall. Arthur was Lyanna and the baby's guardian. They were under his protection. Dawn is made of a meteorite. That part is pretty covered.

Salt are Lyanna and Ned's tears.

Smoke cold be fire burning, sunlight casting smoke-like shadow on those two (there's a pretty cool shot of that), or Jon's cover as Ned's bastard son (like smokescreen), needing his identity to be hidden from the world. Or something else...

Good points...now I'm curious if Bran being there could tie into the prophecy somewhere? If he could be the smoke somehow? Etc

Archived