Acrophobia 24 - Be the Prophesier! and the winner is .... !

lil' ghost

1. 11. Profligate, machiavellian throne covetousness leaves behind nothingness Not sure whether this is a warning, and thus why LF doesn't seem to be after the throne itself, or whether he is after the throne and trying to prove that no stupid prophecy is going to get in his way. Either way, I love it!

2. 4. Postulate much...teach Cat's look-alike bold necessities. I think this might have given him hope after Brandon tried to cut him in half.

3. 10. Power.  Money.  Throne.  Charm.  Lie brazenly.  Naturally!  Pretty much sums up LF's character.

4. 6. Preserve misplaced trust. Coin = largesse. Buy nobility. Good entry.

First:  3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis.

Second:  11. Profligate, machiavellian throne covetousness leaves behind nothingness 

Third:  8. Primacy misleads. Totality cost. Liars befriend nobody. 

Fourth:  9. Plotter, manipulator, tread carefully. Lies breed nastiness. 

Good game, looking forward to the next already  :cheers:

First: 1. Patience makes trout catching lord barely noticeable. 

Second: 7. Practice more, tiny! Catelyn loves betrothed's naughtiness.

Third: 6. Preserve misplaced trust. Coin = largesse. Buy nobility.

Fourth: 3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis.

My votes for round 8
1st:   10. Power.  Money.  Throne.  Charm.  Lie brazenly.  Naturally! 
2nd:   3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis.
3rd:   4. Postulate much...teach Cat's look-alike bold necessities. 
4th:   12. Pair Margaery Tommen, Cersei Losing Brains...near 

Great game everyone!  :cheers:  Thank you all for votes along the way, but even more, thank you for the smiles each round :D

And to the hostess with the mostess... our Ghostess! :wub:

On 8/14/2016 at 2:54 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

1. 11. Profligate, machiavellian throne covetousness leaves behind nothingness Not sure whether this is a warning, and thus why LF doesn't seem to be after the throne itself, or whether he is after the throne and trying to prove that no stupid prophecy is going to get in his way. Either way, I love it!

I also voted for this as my favorite.  I think it was a reference to the Varys line about how Littlefinger would see the country burn if he could be king of the ashes.

25 minutes ago, Emmit said:

I liked it, except Machiavellian is a proper adjective. The people of Westeros definitely  don't know who Machiavelli is or what this reference would mean.

Yes I agree, this is why I chose not to use the word myself despite it being, in my opinion, the perfect word for Littlefinger and why I was reluctant to give it 1st place. But all things considered, the idea behind the entry as a whole is excellent and I gave it 2nd for that reason. It flows quite well too, which is hard to achieve using so many lengthy words.

Final Round Results!

Littlefinger - P M T C L B N

1. Patience makes trout catching lord barely noticeable.  - Howlin’ Howland

2. Played Mercilessly to crushing loss. Befitting noose! - Dolorous Gabe

3. Perilously mounting the chaos ladder beckons nemesis. - woofless

4. Postulate much...teach Cat's look-alike bold necessities.  - rocksniffer

5. Pretty maids tell complicated lies, begging notice. - RB2G

6. Preserve misplaced trust. Coin = largesse. Buy nobility.  - Emmit

7. Practice more, tiny! Catelyn loves betrothed's naughtiness.  - Lady Blizzardborn

8. Primacy misleads. Totality cost. Liars befriend nobody.   - SNA

9. Plotter, manipulator, tread carefully. Lies breed nastiness.   - Julia H.

10. Power.  Money.  Throne.  Charm.  Lie brazenly.  Naturally!  - Fragile Bird

11. Profligate, machiavellian throne covetousness leaves behind nothingness  - Stoned Heart

12. Pair Margaery Tommen, Cersei Losing Brains...near  - delspark

I wanted to say, I love hosting and I've had so much fun this time around, all of you are so talented and kind and I like getting to know each of you. I hope everyone had fun, I know I did! Anyway, to the results!

Final Results

1. Fragile Bird: 89+1+1+3+3+2+2+1+1 = 103 +2 = 105

2. Stoned Heart: 83+1+1+3+3+2+1= 94  +2 = 96

3. Julia H.: 88+1+1+3+1+1 = 95

4. woofless: 79+1+1+3+2+2+2+1+1 = 92

5. Dolorous Gabe: 70+1+1+3+2+1+1 = 79

6. Howlin’ Howland: 66+1+1+3+1= 72

7. Lady Blizzardborn: 66+1+1+2 = 70

8. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer: 62+1+1+3 = 67

9. rocksniffer: 56+1+?+3+2+2+1+1 = 66

10. Emmit: 54+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 61

11. delspark: 37+1+?+1 = 39

12. yomi: 35+1 = 36

13. Castellan: 23

14. Ser Not Appering: 5+1+?+1+1 = 8

15. a shadow: 2
16. Baseborn Manjack: 1

Even though she didn't think she could maintain the lead Fragile Bird pulls some magic out of her hat to finish in first place! Congrats! :cheers:Stoned Heart makes an epic comeback through out the game to land in 2nd place and Julia H. almost tied for 2nd, but because of Stoned Heart tying with Fragile Bird for most first place votes that put Stoned Heart just over Julia. woofless makes a great return to come in 4th and Dolorous Gabe squeaks in to round out of last
Top 5!

Congrats again to everyone! Y'all did a great job and, like I said, I hope y'all had fun too! :wub:

Alright, what's next?! :P

After Emmit's vote I thought I would have an awesome round. Then I didn't get another vote. guess I cant complain too much. Finished middle of the pack.

As the game progressed, I changed my methods for evaluating the prophesies where I was not so keen on the use of proper names (Sansa, Cat, etc.), nor of concepts based on names from our world like "Machiavellian". Still appreciated the use of uncommon words though.

Thank you @lil' ghost. The Ghostest with the mostest. and everyone else for coming up with some good prophesies.

Congrats again to @Fragile Bird :cheers:

I hope the deserving winner will not mind me saying that I thought any of the top four players, including @Stoned Heart, @Julia H. and @Woofless, in this game could have triumphed and deserved to :cheers:

And to the newbies, including the runner-up, @Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer and @delspark, you were all excellent and I sincerely hope you will all continue to play the game :cheers:

And lastly and most importantly, thanks again to our delightful host @lil' ghost, :cheers: to whom I gave a prophecy at the start of the game predicting that we would have our first shared Acrophobia victory. I will therefore not be starting up a fortune telling business any time soon  :lol:

Archived