NBA Offseason: Oklahoma! Where the MVP Free Agents Come Falling From the Sky

Manhole Eunuchsbane

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

When guys say things like this, you have to ask, trolling or honest opinion? I'm going honest opinion. 

They have to think its true. You can;t be an athlete and approach anything thinking you will lose.

If Rose stays healthy and plays like 70% of what he used to be the Knicks can be like...a 48 win team. Maybe 50 if Zingus is a borderline All-Star. Being as good as the Warriors might be possible, if the Wars dont gel with their new dudes. Otherwise, just a bunch of hot air coming from Rose. I never did get the sense he was the brightest bulb on the christmas tree. 

18 minutes ago, Relic said:

They have to think its true. You can;t be an athlete and approach anything thinking you will lose.

I get what you're saying, but there is a difference between believing you can win any time you step on the court and calling yourself one of the best teams in the league. 

19 minutes ago, Relic said:

If Rose stays healthy and plays like 70% of what he used to be the Knicks can be like...a 48 win team. Maybe 50 if Zingus is a borderline All-Star. Being as good as the Warriors might be possible, if the Wars dont gel with their new dudes. Otherwise, just a bunch of hot air coming from Rose. I never did get the sense he was the brightest bulb on the christmas tree. 

It's not just rose though. Three of your starting five players have a history with injuries. But assuming that isn't an issue, I can see the Knicks maybe getting as high as a 4 seed. 

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's not all bad news. Miami have lost Dwyane Wade but they got back a Kobe/Wade hybrid for like 1/10th the cost. Winning!  

It's the quietest part of the NBA year with zero news.

Fortunately there's Draymond Green, the Grima Wormtongue to Durant's King Theoden, whispering vile words in his ear all season long, who enlives the offseason by getting into fistfights in restaurants and posting a pic of his dick on social media yesterday. Accidentally of course, but in combination with his repeated attacks on Steven Adams' balls there seems to be an obsession of sorts there for Dray.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Has anyone gone from happy story to being nearly universally hated faster than Draymond? 

Turned out not much spotlight was needed to show that he is a complete piece of shit.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Green is the player that is completely marginalized in this whole deal. His value add to the team aside from being a good defender is as a forward that can bring the ball up the court and act as a secondary distributor to Curry.  Except that's what KD does as well. Unless you are completely changing KD's game and turning him into either Dirk Nowitzki or Klay Thompson, then Draymond is the one who sees his role in the offense disappear.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Unless you are completely changing KD's game and turning him into either Dirk Nowitzki or Klay Thompson, then Draymond is the one who sees his role in the offense disappear.

Draymond is definitely going to see his touches on offense decline.  However, he was the soul of the Warriors defense last year, and that is even more true now with Bogut gone.  His defense allows GSW to cover up a lot of Curry's shortcomings.  He is capable of being a lot more than just a 3 and D guy, but when the defensive leadership and versatility is at the level that Green provides, that is still a huge impact. 

Just now, Maithanet said:

Draymond is definitely going to see his touches on offense decline.  However, he was the soul of the Warriors defense last year, and that is even more true now with Bogut gone.  His defense allows GSW to cover up a lot of Curry's shortcomings.  He is capable of being a lot more than just a 3 and D guy, but when the defensive leadership and versatility is at the level that Green provides, that is still a huge impact. 

He's definitely still a major contributor, but can he handle the change from borderline star to defensive role player?  Satisfying egos was always one of the biggest question marks with Durant to GS, and Green's ability to handle a major diminishing of his star is a big question mark. Maybe he doesn't want the spotlight, and that's why he has completely lost his shit over the past few months, but his comments to the media have always led me to believe otherwise.

I'm more convinced than ever that GS will once again not win an NBA championship next season. Green looks like he's working his way through a huge pile of Llello or something this off season lololol. I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop on this guy.

2 hours ago, sperry said:

Turned out not much spotlight was needed to show that he is a complete piece of shit.

I actually think his behavior is hilarious. The NBA needs a new Rodman, and I'll take a player like Draymond Green over the Russell Wilsons of the world every day. 

49 minutes ago, briantw said:

LeBron the night of The Decision.

Durant four weeks ago.

Eh, I don't think those examples are the same. They were stars from the beginning. Green had to claw his way to stardom, and it seems like after he got it and was encouraged to be cocky it all went downhill quickly in a hilarious fashion. 

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Russell Westbrook extends his contract with OKC, a 3 year deal!

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/122306/russell-westbrook-has-proven-to-be-worth-it-in-the-past

Excellent news. Now hopefully OKC can strengthen the squad.

Eh, I think it just makes him more tradable during the season. It's really hard to see the Thunder's current roster produce anything better than a 5th seed. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, I think it just makes him more tradable during the season. It's really hard to see the Thunder's current roster produce anything better than a 5th seed. 

Why would Russ sign that to be make it easier to be traded? He would have been a UFA at the end of the season, which means he can go wherever he wanted. It would make sense for OKC if they wanted to get rid of him (which of course they don't), but it wouldn't make any sense for Russ.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

An absolutely bizarre and negative response to this news.

On another note, this news seems to have gone against the expectations of quite a lot of people. In this thread a few weeks ago, but also general media. Apparently Westbrook feels that staying is the way to go, and his immediate future at least is in OKC. Negative nancies are trying to point out that yes, they were wrong about Westbrook now bolting from OKC. but hey it is only a 3 year deal with an opt-out after 2 years. After which he can of course extend with OKC for an even more massive amount of money. Or go. Regardless. two more seasons at the very least in which this team can show what it can do. To me what matters most is seeing great basketball and not all that counts is winning a title.

I'm sure Westbrook too will want to strengthen the squad to be as competitive as possible. 

Archived