Where's Gendry

Lady Knows Nothing

I hope he dosnt come back because they'd kill him after five miniutes of establishing that hes a pimp or something from all the rowing making him crazy.

2 hours ago, Ruhail said:

I hope he dosnt come back because they'd kill him after five miniutes of establishing that hes a pimp or something from all the rowing making him crazy.

Nah, if anyone legitimates Gendry (Cersei or Dany or other political /religious groups), he will be an useful puppet as Robert is still his father. I mean this motif I have seen a lot in Asian historical dramas. lol

I'm not sure how you could really pencil him into the game at this point. Technically, he is literally the last person alive with the Baratheon bloodline. So he could argue that he has a claim the to Storm Lands which currently has no ruler. But there is also the fact that his family is literally the reason Danny is setting sail for Westeros so I don't see her wanting to put the Baratheon blood line back into power....

His only hope would be for him to make it North and promise Jon that if he gets the Storm Lands he will support the North but I don't see Cersei letting that happen...Or Danny.

1 hour ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

I'm not sure how you could really pencil him into the game at this point. Technically, he is literally the last person alive with the Baratheon bloodline. So he could argue that he has a claim the to Storm Lands which currently has no ruler. But there is also the fact that his family is literally the reason Danny is setting sail for Westeros so I don't see her wanting to put the Baratheon blood line back into power....

His only hope would be for him to make it North and promise Jon that if he gets the Storm Lands he will support the North but I don't see Cersei letting that happen...Or Danny.

Of course just my wishful thinking... They say there will be a twist so I think of Gendry... After all the battle and wars, the main characters don't end up on the thrones might be a bittersweet ending.

I don't know why people still think he'll be coming back, or that he's been "rowing down the river for four years." Gendry's no longer relevant to the story at large. He rowed far enough away, got to shore, and started a new life for himself, keeping under the radar to avoid being found and killed by Cersei or Stannis. And he lived happily ever after. The end.

20 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The 3x07 scene with him and Melisandre is setup for later "This is your House."  He won't rule the Red Keep, but Arya will ask King Jaeherys Targaryen to legitimize him into a Baratheon so the Baratheons live on.

Gendry shall rule the show's long-forgotten Stormlands from S2.  As a matter of fact, by the end of the series, it will be clear who is in power in all regions of The Realm.

That's an interesting theory. I could see that happening. But I'm wondering if Gendry would want to be a lord?

19 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I actually think there is a good chance that he will reappear in S7.

Boy is taught a lesson to not wave his cock around or it gets leeched. Lady Crane tells Arya what to do with men who wave their cock around at other women, and Arya laughing over it. Except for Sandor, S6 was the season of "characters returning to screen in order to die/killed off [sometimes off screen]". And Arya's return to the RL was like a squeezed in "beam me up, Walder" in the finale. So, yeah, I think we'll see him pop up again in S7. 

I hope he will appear in season 7.

20 hours ago, shmewdog said:

Still rowin'

Check out this photo

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ff/2a/ec/ff2aece9d4a2a39f877bad44501c12c0.jpg

3 hours ago, sonsastronk said:

I don't care for Gendry, but I wonder how Arya would react if they saw each other again. Would she forgive him?

Personally I think Arya has done a lot of growing up this past season. She sailed of to Braavos in order to train with the faceless men and in season six when she was seeing that play about her family, I think it sparked something that she was ready to go home. Like I said in my previous post I am a Gendry/Arya shipper and I am dying to see a reunion.

3 hours ago, sonsastronk said:

Hell, I wouldn't even blame her. But George did say he'd "explore them" again, so I'm wondering what that entails.

I hope so!:wub:

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:21 PM, Lady Knows Nothing said:

I am just wondering where's Gendry? Is he even a part of the show anymore? Do you think he will come back in season 7? I feel like in the first three seasons they made his character somewhat important (him being Robert's bastard son and the Red Woman wanting him for his blood to help Stannis become king) and now we haven't heard anything from him. If he does come back what can we see from him? What has he been doing all this time? Will he and Arya meet again? What do you think?

I think there are chances he will appear again

I think there is still a story to tell (whether it will be about his name; his abilities as a smith or as a warrior I don't know) and I know it could be avoided in the show but the fact that Benjen; Edmure and the blackfish returned makes me think he will too.

Besides, even Hot Pie returned in the show for a scene that doesn't exist in the books.

anyway I also thought LSH would appear so maybe my opinion is not very reliable.

But the chances are greater than LSH at this moment.

Given the fact that Gendry was trained by a blacksmith who knew the tricks to making VS swords that you could be the one who makes the armor that Jon Snow sees in his vision. As for where he is, most likely getting material to make a sword or armor, but has no idea about the current events since he started rowing. The part about him being a black haired bastard cause just be a way for him to relate to Jon or some redemption for the Baratheon family considering his father killed a Targaryen and he would now be helping one.

4 hours ago, AngeL0L said:

The show has become fan service so, yes, i think we will see Gendry again. Gendry, in my opinion, has the role of Edric Storm of the books. 

It would be funny if Gendry or Edric becomes king at the end of the series and the show has to make all sorts of contrived plot twists to make it happen in the show, all the while in the books the plot takes a very believable and natural path to get to that point because Stannis is alive for a lot longer and he actually has a base of support and alliances that eventually transfers to Gendry/Edric.

On 15.07.2016 at 3:45 AM, Stag_legion said:

It would be funny if Gendry or Edric becomes king at the end of the series and the show has to make all sorts of contrived plot twists to make it happen in the show, all the while in the books the plot takes a very believable and natural path to get to that point because Stannis is alive for a lot longer and he actually has a base of support and alliances that eventually transfers to Gendry/Edric.

Aren't there complaints about a bastard ascending to a highest position in a kingdom despite it being clear and reasonable why it happened? If they were no compaints about Gendry becoming a King it'd be another case of hypocrisy.

Archived