Arya Stark's Kill List - Who Exactly is On It?

Iron Mother

The living people that have been included, at one time or another, in Arya's list are:

• Cersei, the Mountain and Ilyn Payne, for Eddard's capture and death.
  • the Hound, for killing Micah
  • Melisandre, Beric and Thoros of Myr, for staking Gendry away.

The Hound is no longer included since Arya left him for dead. It remains to be see if she'll include him back once she learns he's alive or she considers the debt has been paid.

Mel and the BWB people were dropped soon from the list, with no particular reason given. Perhaps she no longer cared about Gendry, who had abandoned her before anyway. In any case, adding them for a minor offense and then dropping them without explanation is yeat another example of bad writing and careless planning from B&B.

Ilyn Payne was also dropped from the list at some point.  This is probably due to the cancer suffered by WIlko Johnson, and couldn't be helped. The producers probably thought that they couldn't use the actor any more and just decided to forget about the character. Since fortunately Wilko is fine again and willing to return to the series, it would be great to have him back (provided they can think of a good excuse for his absence during those five years).

6 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

The living people that have been included, at one time or another, in Arya's list are:

The Hound is no longer included since Arya left him for dead. It remains to be see if she'll include him back once she learns he's alive or she considers the debt has been paid.

Arya said this season that she took the Hound off her list before she left him.

Waif: Arya Stark left him to die. He was on her list.

Arya: He was not on her list anymore. She had taken him off it.

9 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

Mel and the BWB people were dropped soon from the list, with no particular reason given. Perhaps she no longer cared about Gendry, who had abandoned her before anyway. In any case, adding them for a minor offense and then dropping them without explanation is yeat another example of bad writing and careless planning from B&B.

Ilyn Payne was also dropped from the list at some point.  This is probably due to the cancer suffered by WIlko Johnson, and couldn't be helped. The producers probably thought that they couldn't use the actor any more and just decided to forget about the character. Since fortunately Wilko is fine again and willing to return to the series, it would be great to have him back (provided they can think of a good excuse for his absence during those five years).

I've paid attention to the List also, I sometimes watch episodes and seasons of out order to follow a certain thread or whatever... The List has GOT to be important because they are back-channeling it (retcon).  Names have been removed a lot.  She has about 4 or 5 left, it was double that even before she went to Braavos.  Therefore it has to be important.

Entire reason her far-flub story was followed on the show is 1) she is beloved 2) the end was going to be her returning with skillz to right wrongs done to her family.  Can't wait until she gets even better.  It was a shocker  to see her with Big Walder... I think there will be some amazing kill events with her.  We the audience will be very WoW'd.''

Ilyn Paib is gone.  They'll bring him back in some fashion maybe... he was never that scary.  It was all connotation. 

If  she doesn't kill once per episode, that will be a failure.  She's my Dark Knight come home.  Unlike Dany she has a very personal   reason to  be doing all  this.  That's awalways so much better when its personal justice.

back and forth: will Arya kill Cersei.  I have to go with The List in a shocking turn of events.  She promised to kill Mellisanre?  I seriously don't remember.  In the cave?  During the "I see eyes, eyes you will shit forever"?

She's the total wiildcard, she could end up interacting with the more random characters in the show.  Being Cersei's handmaiden?????  Tauting Cercei, scaring her, leaving ominous things for her to find......... in the book Cercei REALLLLY freaks out.  They haven't used that in the show.  Cercei's total First-Person dialogue her fears of The Maagy, Tyrion, The Volonqyr, WERID stuff I could see being provoked to total madness by Arya with a face.  Man, she wouldn't even need a fake face.  Cercei wouldn't even recognize her.  Neither I think would Jamie... or Cyburn.  Pycell probably but he's gone.  All the Sept people are gone.  And in that position she could really learn about Cercei and Jaime and drive big wedges between them.  She's gonna be an evil MF.  I love it.  The fact she's already back in Westeros, it looks like her List is taking her to King's Landing.  Over from the salt mines to the Twins, she won't be heading North.

She doesn't know where is the Banner of Brotherhoods, everyone else is in King's Landing.

From Season 4 Episode 5 when Arya was with the hound and she was saying all the names on her list before going to sleep:

Joffrey

Cersei

Walder Frey

Meryn Trant

Tywin Lannister

The Red Woman

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Ilyn Payne

The Mountain

The Hound

From Season 6 Episode 3 when the Waif was training Arya and was asked about the list:

Waif: Who else is in Arya Stark's funny little list?

Arya: Cersei Lannister, Gregor Clegane, Walder Frey

Waif: That's a short list. That can't be everyone you want to kill. Are you sure you are not forgetting someone?

Arya: Which name would you like a girl to speak?

Somehow, seems like Arya has taken some names off of her list compared to Season 4. Names that have been taken off excluding those that are already dead:

The Red Woman

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Ilyn Payne

The hound (verbally confirmed by Arya herself)

So we are not sure if this is inconsistency of the writers or did Arya chose to take them off? based on this we are not sure how would Arya react when she meets the red woman, Beric Dondarrion, and Thoros of Myr.

10 minutes ago, cleffa said:

From Season 4 Episode 5 when Arya was with the hound and she was saying all the names on her list before going to sleep:

Joffrey

Cersei

Walder Frey

Meryn Trant

Tywin Lannister

The Red Woman

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Ilyn Payne

The Mountain

The Hound

From Season 6 Episode 3 when the Waif was training Arya and was asked about the list:

Waif: Who else is in Arya Stark's funny little list?

Arya: Cersei Lannister, Gregor Clegane, Walder Frey

Waif: That's a short list. That can't be everyone you want to kill. Are you sure you are not forgetting someone?

Arya: Which name would you like a girl to speak?

Somehow, seems like Arya has taken some names off of her list compared to Season 4. Names that have been taken off excluding those that are already dead:

The Red Woman

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Ilyn Payne

The hound (verbally confirmed by Arya herself)

So we are not sure if this is inconsistency of the writers or did Arya chose to take them off? based on this we are not sure how would Arya react when she meets the red woman, Beric Dondarrion, and Thoros of Myr.

Cersei,

The Red Woman

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Ilyn Payne

The Mountain

That's what is left.  The Red God People............. I think the others will have priority.  Ilyn Payne is a question mark, haven't see n him in a long time.

I can see the Red Woman letting Arya kill her... or some weirdness there.  Thoros and Beric... she would have to hunt them and they are good at hiding.  Cersei and the Mountain will be interesting..... because of the tie-ins with other characters.  It won't be easy with Cersei and her personal guard... She'll need FACES.  Jeez I just thought what if she used the face of someone Cercei trusts..... and weasles into her inner circle.... gets singular access and gets her that way.  I know she and Jaime have this complicated thing going on... alliance with Jaime to take Cersei out before she destroys more of King's Landing??

hmmmmm

6 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Cersei,

The Red Woman

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Ilyn Payne

The Mountain

That's what is left.  The Red God People............. I think the others will have priority.  Ilyn Payne is a question mark, haven't see n him in a long time.

I can see the Red Woman letting Arya kill her... or some weirdness there.  Thoros and Beric... she would have to hunt them and they are good at hiding.  Cersei and the Mountain will be interesting..... because of the tie-ins with other characters.  It won't be easy with Cersei and her personal guard... She'll need FACES.  Jeez I just thought what if she used the face of someone Cercei trusts..... and weasles into her inner circle.... gets singular access and gets her that way.  I know she and Jaime have this complicated thing going on... alliance with Jaime to take Cersei out before she destroys more of King's Landing??

hmmmmm

Yes, this is basically the list from Season 4 Episode 5 crossing out The Hound and those that are currently dead.

But in Season 6 Episode 3 Arya didn't name The Red Woman, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, and Ilyn Payne. The Waif even asked if she had forgotten someone but Arya's response is "what name would you like a girl to speak?". My interpretation to this response is that there's no more name. All other names that the Waif would like Arya to speak are those that the Waif want Arya to speak not from Arya herself.

Then would that mean The Red Woman, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, and Ilyn Payne have been taken off of the list?

2 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

Arya's list is pretty much pointless by now anyways.  Now that she killed the Freys, I honestly don't see her (or the show) really bringing it up anymore.

seriously?  All that time spent in Braavos learning her skills.... bringing her back to Westeros?  She has a Kill Agenda,  The big one being Cersei,  Can't wait for master disguise skills for that one.  Maybe she is killed by Jaime for doing it.  I can't see a good ending for Arya... like some wonderful reunion with her siblings. :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

seriously?  All that time spent in Braavos learning her skills.... bringing her back to Westeros?  She has a Kill Agenda,  The big one being Cersei,  Can't wait for master disguise skills for that one.  Maybe she is killed by Jaime for doing it.  I can't see a good ending for Arya... like some wonderful reunion with her siblings. :ph34r:

Now that R+L=J is confirmed, the next popular theory that is almost taken as factual is Jaime killing Cersei after she goes nuts and threatens to blow up the rest of Kings Landing.  Both the Show and the Books are pointing to this happening, as well as the Maggie the Frog prophecy.  So I don't see Arya anywhere near Kings Landing, let alone going after Cersei.

We came in the middle of that conversation with the Waif so we really can't confirm that that Beric, Thoros. Mel, & Payne* aren't still on it. 

& Arya admitted to being ambivalent about the Hound, that's not to say he's off the hook if she finds out he's alive. I think we'll get a "Glegainbowl" of sorts with both of them ending up in in Wildfire & Sandor calling to Arya to set it ablaze,

*If the actor is okay now they should bring him back!

Archived