How important is little Sam?

Onion Hound

I know as far as the story goes, he is very important to Samwell. But, what is the significance of Sam taking little Sam away from the WW, if any? Could he be the reason the NK is pissed? A broken oath? Could he be their Ptwp? I haven't ever seen any theories on little Sam, was just wondering if anyone thinks he is more important than what we think right now? Or is he just a baby that helped Sam Tarly's arc?

2 hours ago, Masha said:

I actually think its going to be little Sam who will end up being the maester who wrote the Song of Ice and Fire not Samuel Tarly

I like that a lot. Never really thought about him becoming a man. I was more or less thinking about the good/evil aspect of the story. If the WW aren't completely evil, just like the humans aren't completely good...I'm wondering if little Sam might be more important to the WW..or if he could be used in a peace treaty of sorts...

It would be great if he inherited the Tarly line and sword in the end. First wildling Tarly. Sam's dad would have fits, especially since he's Craster's bloodline. 

As of now I guess this is the first known case of Wildling settlement this far south, and in/near the Citadel too. Glad to see Gilly and little Sam taking it ok. 

What's weird is that baby Sam was Mance's in the books which kind of had a significance but he's Craster's on the show , if he grew up to be like his biological father he wold be just a jerk.

In the books Little Sam is Mance Rayder's son, and in the show he is the incestous son of Craster and his wife/daughter Gilly. I don't see Little Sam in the show having much more of an arc than just being a baby that is being dragged along for the ride to make Sam's arc more emotional. Who knows? But as far as the Night's King being after Little Sam, that is ridiculous (I mean no offense). The White Walker deal started way before Little Sam (S. 1 Ep. 1 Scene 1). Who knows, though? Maybe Sam will find out what the Others want, that they are not so bad as we thought, and will give Little Sam to make peace with them. Possibly along with Jon's agreement to destroy the Iron Throne.

And the reason I mentioned the last bit about Jon  and the Iron Throne is because the first time I knew what the Nights Watch was and about the Wall and the threat from the Others, my first thought was that the Song of Ice and Fire will be responsible for bringing down the Wall, making peace with the Others, as well as as destroying the Iron Throne (which is the reason , or at least the desire for such a Throne [is. To conquer], why all this crap started in the first place).

Archived