Bold Predictions for Season 7

AugustusTheGreat

On 7/8/2016 at 11:18 AM, JonSnowed said:

I don't see Dany killing Jamie or Cersei, far more likely Cersei uses more wildfire to burn the city and Jamie kills her, dying in the process. Dany then heads North with her remaining forces.

I agree here either more wildfire or something else but she is going to tick Jamie off and in the books he is already pretty tired of her...  Seems a bit simple but I think, especially if the show is anything to go by and I know it is different but also that George told them the endgame, I think Jamie will be the Valonquar... Now, much as I like Jamie I wouldn't put a very large bet on his long term survival either...

On 7/8/2016 at 5:44 PM, Trump the Builder said:

im not sure why Cersei would burn down KL even further... she already is ruling now and doesn't seem to have any enemies withing KL at the moment... 

but she doesn't have any heavy weight supporters either in terms of brains and political strategy... her power seems to me based on the terror that UnGregor and Qyburn can muster.  I can't see many powerful houses paying her anything beyond lip service if that...

15 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

but she doesn't have any heavy weight supporters either in terms of brains and political strategy... her power seems to me based on the terror that UnGregor and Qyburn can muster.  I can't see many powerful houses paying her anything beyond lip service if that...

I agree - all her power right now is based on fear.  I think its also worth noting that since she is Queen now, that does hold some real power.  There are people that are blindly loyal to the King and Queen for whatever reason and she now has their support.

5 minutes ago, Trump the Builder said:

I agree - all her power right now is based on fear.  I think its also worth noting that since she is Queen now, that does hold some real power.  There are people that are blindly loyal to the King and Queen for whatever reason and she now has their support.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out because of course Dany has to have some opposition plotwise.  Now, although I agree in that yes the crown in itself represents power to some, well the Sparrows managed to gain a lot of support from the peasants in KL, although okay maybe the fear in itself has "won them over" now... at least some people but in terms of houses... well... the Tyrells are either dead or plotting with Dorne; Dorne hate her; the North ain't keen after the Red Wedding and now with Jon and to a lesser extend Sansa in command; this I guess loosely speaking leaves the Riverlands (under LF's control for now) and the Westerland (Lannister bannermen).  So since the Lannisters are pretty much either dead or exiled and angry (Tyrion) and lost Lancel in the fire too, not sure if their bannermen will disband or follow her rule to be honest.  So this leaves dear LF and as some some suggested Euron as her only possible powerful allies.  It could be enough to put up a fight against her opponents though but LF declared pretty openly for Jon in the Battle of the Bastards and he would need huge powers of persuasion to win Cersei over but maybe he can pull off the double-agent vibe again...  To be honest, in the last episode I thought we were about to see the Valanquar prophecy play out but maybe it was too soon... and going back to the fact that Dany & Co need opposition I guess you are probably right and she will last a little longer.

3 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

It will be interesting to see how this pans out because of course Dany has to have some opposition plotwise.  Now, although I agree in that yes the crown in itself represents power to some, well the Sparrows managed to gain a lot of support from the peasants in KL, although okay maybe the fear in itself has "won them over" now... at least some people but in terms of houses... well... the Tyrells are either dead or plotting with Dorne; Dorne hate her; the North ain't keen after the Red Wedding and now with Jon and to a lesser extend Sansa in command; this I guess loosely speaking leaves the Riverlands (under LF's control for now) and the Westerland (Lannister bannermen).  So since the Lannisters are pretty much either dead or exiled and angry (Tyrion) and lost Lancel in the fire too, not sure if their bannermen will disband or follow her rule to be honest.  So this leaves dear LF and as some some suggested Euron as her only possible powerful allies.  It could be enough to put up a fight against her opponents though but LF declared pretty openly for Jon in the Battle of the Bastards and he would need huge powers of persuasion to win Cersei over but maybe he can pull off the double-agent vibe again...  To be honest, in the last episode I thought we were about to see the Valanquar prophecy play out but maybe it was too soon... and going back to the fact that Dany & Co need opposition I guess you are probably right and she will last a little longer.

since nothing ever seems to go the exact way that people think it will, what if Cersei somehow manages to convince Dany that she is on her side and that the Tyrell's and Martell's are using her?  that would be an interesting plot and I could see a story like that playing out where Dany's forces turn on their allies and a huge war breaks out that will dwindle down all Westerosi forces before the White Walkers come from the North.  

Just now, Trump the Builder said:

since nothing ever seems to go the exact way that people think it will, what if Cersei somehow manages to convince Dany that she is on her side and that the Tyrell's and Martell's are using her?  that would be an interesting plot and I could see a story like that playing out where Dany's forces turn on their allies and a huge war breaks out that will dwindle down all Westerosi forces before the White Walkers come from the North.  

Well, that would be a hell of a lot of fun I have to say.  However, what would Tyrion do?  He already has Dany's trust and he has proven to be a smarter manipulator than Cersei but yes it is not impossible that she could try and demonise him in Cersei's eyes and hell, the guy has been accused of enough and done enough and, if the readers/viewers here are divided when it comes to him, it is not impossible to imagine that Dany could not start looking at him and the rest of her current supporters on that light but I think fun as it sounds I think it is a stretch...  

16 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I agree here either more wildfire or something else but she is going to tick Jamie off and in the books he is already pretty tired of her...  Seems a bit simple but I think, especially if the show is anything to go by and I know it is different but also that George told them the endgame, I think Jamie will be the Valonquar... Now, much as I like Jamie I wouldn't put a very large bet on his long term survival either...

Certainly I don't think Jaime will die before at least confronting Tyrion and Daenerys.  That's too dramatically rich to pass up.

1 hour ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Littlefinger isn't the Lord Paramount of the Trident in the show. Walder Frey was. Littlefinger's only title relating to the Riverlands is Lord of Harrenhal.

1 minute ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Certainly I don't think Jaime will die before at least confronting Tyrion and Daenerys.  That's too dramatically rich to pass up.

I agree too.   I guess although I really like Jamie he still has unfinished business; possibly Brienne and in the books he has yet to survive Lady Stoneheart lol and of course yes, a reunion (and hopefully reconciliation with Tyrion is in order).  It will be interesting to see if Dany is willing to forgive him or not too... so definitely he will have to last at least until then.  I mean I would be happy for him to survived in his semi-redeemed form but since some major characters have to go my bet is not on his survival when it is all done and dusted.

3 minutes ago, nothatso said:

Littlefinger isn't the Lord Paramount of the Trident in the show. Walder Frey was. Littlefinger's only title relating to the Riverlands is Lord of Harrenhal.

lol geographical slip, he holds the Vale not the Riverlands; apologies for that.  However, he is still a powerful player though, let's see how it takes Jon's reign in the north...  The Riverlands in the books at least are under the control of Genna Lannister's Frey husband I think (might have got this mixed up too... if I have sorry yet again) so okay under Lannister control then

Euron and Cersei ally perhaps even marry each other. 

Euron's fleet harasses Dany's and inflicts casualties. Perhaps Theon or Asha will die, Messindei and/or Grey Worm are on the hook to die too. Something happens with Dragons - either one flies off into sunset on its own (pulled by Jon's sense or something), or Euron kills or steals one of them. 

On verge of defeat Cersei will attempt to use wildfire in KL, Jaime kills his sister and either kills himself or killed in resulting conflagration (which still happens because he was too late) or survives and leaves for North. Will not bend the knee to Dany or be there in KL when she arrives, he might have a confrontation with Tyrion.

Something burns up KL and Red Keep - resulting in scene from Dany's vision where roof is gone and burned. I don't think Wildfire will be used because it destroys completely and Iron Throne room in Dany's vision was kind of intact short of roof, so its Dragonfire.

There is a strong chance that if Euron steals a Dragon, its him arriving at KL (dragon shadow from trailers and Bran's visions) and he burns the Red Keep (I  just don't think it would be Dany who is doing the burning)

Cersei dies. Jaime either dies or goes North.

LF tries to play Sansa against Jon. I think he visits QoT and tries to scheme with her. She got to have someone to scheme with in her Highgarden scenes and I doubt its Ellaria or Varys/Tyrion (who should be near Dany)

Sansa has minor arguments with Jon and secretly works with LF to undermine him and seize power. However, at last minute she has a big reveal that she played LF in his own game. At the same time Jon is completely oblivious to the whole scheme and when he asks, Sansa goes something like "don't worry your pretty little head about it and lets discuss that supply problem we have or whatever"

Bran SLOOOWLY moves towards the Wall and reaches Castle Black and Ed. Has another visions probably involving mention of Rhaegar, Lyanna, his father, and Jon - probably around 3 visions total again, some more info on Aerys madness (1 vision), and maybe one or two really crazy confusing visions related to BR, CotF, and NK. (The really interesting visions regarding them will be in season 8).

Arya sticks around in Riverlands terrorizing people. Meets Melisandre, not sure if she kills her or works with her. Meets Sandor and BwB. She moves to KL instead of WF. Perhaps meets Gendry.

Sam's father and brother come after him in Oldtown. Confrontation happens but averted as Euron attacks. Sam finds some interesting info.

Either LF knows about L+R=J or Bran manages to reach Jon by end of the season. LF will have couple things to play if he knows. He can either use it to undermine Jon in the North (doubt it) or use it to plot something in the South (Cersei, QoT, Dany) - my theory.

Wall falls either by Bran's mark or by Euron's actions. (If they basically have Wall fall as Bran's fault, its just really bad idea he already has deaths on his consciousness due to his carelessness, if he does it again, its just bad writing and making him really stupid and is to blame for everything ).

If Jon gets the Dragon, Ghost has to die.

19 hours ago, Masha said:

Bran SLOOOWLY moves towards the Wall and reaches Castle Black and Ed. Has another visions probably involving mention of Rhaegar, Lyanna, his father, and Jon - probably around 3 visions total again, some more info on Aerys madness (1 vision), and maybe one or two really crazy confusing visions related to BR, CotF, and NK. (The really interesting visions regarding them will be in season 8).

Wasn't there an interesting theory floating around that Aerys II became the Mad King because he could hear future Bran's whispers, and that repeatedly saying "burn them all" was Bran warning him about the WW threat? I can't remember specifics or if the theory was refuted, if anyone has any more on this.

21 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Well, that would be a hell of a lot of fun I have to say.  However, what would Tyrion do?  He already has Dany's trust and he has proven to be a smarter manipulator than Cersei but yes it is not impossible that she could try and demonise him in Cersei's eyes and hell, the guy has been accused of enough and done enough and, if the readers/viewers here are divided when it comes to him, it is not impossible to imagine that Dany could not start looking at him and the rest of her current supporters on that light but I think fun as it sounds I think it is a stretch...  

I agree that having Tyrion on Dany's side kind of throws a wrench into that plan - but there are always ways around it.  I do not think that Tyrion would ever fall for Cersei's conniving plans, however, what if she sets up Tyrion and captures him as a prisoner?  Perhaps she could send a raven to Tyrion pretending to be Jaime and tell him to meet her in KL.  Then when he shows up, it's just Cersei and UnGregor and then take him prisoner.  Then Cersei can send a raven back to Dany pretending to be Tyrion (and she can even put in some personal information to "prove" that it's Tyrion since she has him captive").  The message could say something along the lines that he met with his brother and uncovered a hidden plot by the Martell's and Tyrell's to overthrow Dany.  This could cause her to turn on them.  It could happen. 

31 minutes ago, Trump the Builder said:

I agree that having Tyrion on Dany's side kind of throws a wrench into that plan - but there are always ways around it.  I do not think that Tyrion would ever fall for Cersei's conniving plans, however, what if she sets up Tyrion and captures him as a prisoner?  Perhaps she could send a raven to Tyrion pretending to be Jaime and tell him to meet her in KL.  Then when he shows up, it's just Cersei and UnGregor and then take him prisoner.  Then Cersei can send a raven back to Dany pretending to be Tyrion (and she can even put in some personal information to "prove" that it's Tyrion since she has him captive").  The message could say something along the lines that he met with his brother and uncovered a hidden plot by the Martell's and Tyrell's to overthrow Dany.  This could cause her to turn on them.  It could happen. 

I like the way you figure it out actually.  If you wrote a story I think I would read it and I am not being sarcastic or anything, I do mean it.  Anything is possible but again I think we would be entering once again the realm of too many things would have to go right for Cersei to pull this off and so far that is the kind of thing that only Varys and LF have pulled off but hey, I guess yes, there might be ways of making Dany mistrust her allies and even Tyrion.  In fact, now that I think about it I think there would be a simpler way to cause a rift between her and Tyrion without having to kidnap him (since I think Cersei would kill him if she captured him) and that would be to "prove" that Tyrion had been conspiring with Jaime all this time and that the reason he gave her re why he killed Aerys was all made up or something on those lines lol

On 7/8/2016 at 7:23 PM, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Does Bran have a horse?  Will the NW give him one? Otherwise, Meera will have to drag him all the way to WF.  That will be slow.  I didn't realize it, but Bran might not make it back to WF until mid-late S7.

I thought Bran would get there pretty early.

They are right outside the Wall where Edd is in charge, and there are still Wildlings on the other side of Castle Black.  They all like Jon, so  I'm guessing among them they will spare a couple of men and horses to get Jon's brother home.

2 hours ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

Wasn't there an interesting theory floating around that Aerys II became the Mad King because he could hear future Bran's whispers, and that repeatedly saying "burn them all" was Bran warning him about the WW threat? I can't remember specifics or if the theory was refuted, if anyone has any more on this.

Thats why I am thinking we are going to get Aerys scene. The theory is still out there and unfortunately there is no more info on this.

13 minutes ago, Masha said:

Thats why I am thinking we are going to get Aerys scene. The theory is still out there and unfortunately there is no more info on this.

I'd really like for it to be true -- the idea that Aerys had his mounting paranoia pushed to insanity by Bran (which essentially set in motion every event since) is excellent.

The only reservation I might have is that Bran's brain-scrambling could be considered overkill after Hodor's "hold the door."

7 minutes ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

I'd REALLY like for it to be true; for Aerys to have had his mounting paranoia pushed to insanity by Bran, and for him to have set in motion every event that has happened since that point would be excellent.

The only reservation I have is that Bran's brain-scrambling could be considered overkill after Hodor.

And him taking down the Wall's defenses and putting the whole World at risk AFTER he already led to death of Hodor, BR and remaining CotF, is not overkill ? 

Hodor could be considered an accident, Aerys would be intentional. Bran could attempt to do it to try to warn Aerys about the WW danger and then end in Aerys going crazy or perhaps he might witness BR attempting to do it to Aerys and realizing that BR warning were taken from his own failures.

I am going to lay down my Bran prediction for ending of series. IF Bran will be responsible for Wall's fall, he will sacrifice himself in the end - either going permanently in coma keeping NK contained or projecting his mind into Bran the Builder in the past, or dying while taking down the NK

9 minutes ago, Masha said:

And him taking down the Wall's defenses and putting the whole World at risk AFTER he already led to death of Hodor, BR and remaining CotF, is not overkill ?

Haha, good point. It seems far too obvious but I'm certain that's where it's going.

On 7/21/2016 at 9:30 AM, Morgana Lannister said:

I like the way you figure it out actually.  If you wrote a story I think I would read it and I am not being sarcastic or anything, I do mean it.  Anything is possible but again I think we would be entering once again the realm of too many things would have to go right for Cersei to pull this off and so far that is the kind of thing that only Varys and LF have pulled off but hey, I guess yes, there might be ways of making Dany mistrust her allies and even Tyrion.  In fact, now that I think about it I think there would be a simpler way to cause a rift between her and Tyrion without having to kidnap him (since I think Cersei would kill him if she captured him) and that would be to "prove" that Tyrion had been conspiring with Jaime all this time and that the reason he gave her re why he killed Aerys was all made up or something on those lines lol

well thanks for that.  i try to think outside the box and i used to moonlight writing some "articles" for a sports fan site back in the day.  regardless, its going to be interesting to see what happens, and i really think it could go in many different directions - but i dont see Dany just walking into Westeros and taking it as easily as they are lining it up to be at the moment.  that would be boring.

Archived