What, in your opinion, was the biggest reveal of Season 6?

The COTF creating the WW, because the COTF helped the humans building the wall, I always thought that the WW are a creation of the Great Other, it was a shock for me, but it seems logical for me now, they created a god-like creature to defeat the humans but this ceature was uncontrollable so they called for SOS

The real shocking one was "hold the door."  I also did not guess Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor prior to the season. The other big moments, R+L=J, Jon's resurrection, the Starks taking back Winterfell, the children creating the White Walkers, Jon becoming king, were all pretty foreshadowed in the books and speculated about here.

5 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

The COTF creating the WW, because the COTF helped the humans building the wall, I always thought that the WW are a creation of the Great Other, it was a shock for me, but it seems logical for me now, they created a god-like creature to defeat the humans but this ceature was uncontrollable so they called for SOS

This. Along with Hold the Door. I always wondered how they were created but that CotF did that but it made sense.

6 hours ago, illinifan said:

The real shocking one was "hold the door."  I also did not guess Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor prior to the season. The other big moments, R+L=J, Jon's resurrection, the Starks taking back Winterfell, the children creating the White Walkers, Jon becoming king, were all pretty foreshadowed in the books and speculated about here.

I concur

Bran's "mark".  Though the show already has a Night's King, I think the idea (being thrown around) that the mark may allow the Others through the Wall could actually point to Bran (in the books) being the accidental Night's King.

It will be Bran that brings an army of Others.

It will be Jon (his "brother") in the North that will fight them (the King of Winter).

It will take the help of Mance, Tormund, et al (the King-beyond-the-Wall) to beat them.

For shits and giggles, let's say Meera gets wighted in the course of this-There's your Corpse Queen with Bran.

It wasn't a chick that lured Bran to the Others, like with the Night's King.  No, that's for the singers.  It was an albino one-eyed dragon that lured him.  Yet all the same, Bran will bring down the wroth of the Others on lower Westeros and he will go down as the bane of men, though the sweet beauty of the story (Martin's melancholy ending) is that Bran never meant to do it-It was ill fate woven by the norns of the trees.

14 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Hold the Door.
Jon being KiTN.  I knew this was coming, but I found I was glad when it did.  Not a reveal, more like a fulfillment.

The King in the North scene was just so cathartic even if it was telegraphed.

4 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I don't think any WW stuff is from the books.
I would say Jon's resurrection, even if it was expected, even if it will be different.

Hold the door sounds true and unexpected. But I would not call it big.

You think D&D came up with the COTF idea themselves?  I doubt it.

Archived