Police killed at Dallas protest

DunderMifflin

This is a very sad turn of events. It's definitely work of some twisted mind or minds.

That being said, my inner Eurocommie feels the need to play the Devil's advocate for a moment... Isn't this exactly what the second amendment is there for? I mean, citizens are granted right to bear arms in order to fight oppression and tyranny from the government, right? I'd say that one of their own getting executed in the middle of the street by the police could be considered as a move of tyranny.

Once again, I'm not condoning these actions and I hope people responsible for those murders (both murders of the police officers and police officers who committed murders) face the law as soon as possible with no further casualties.

14 minutes ago, baxus said:

This is a very sad turn of events. It's definitely work of some twisted mind or minds.

That being said, my inner Eurocommie feels the need to play the Devil's advocate for a moment... Isn't this exactly what the second amendment is there for? I mean, citizens are granted right to bear arms in order to fight oppression and tyranny from the government, right? I'd say that one of their own getting executed in the middle of the street by the police could be considered as a move of tyranny.

Once again, I'm not condoning these actions and I hope people responsible for those murders (both murders of the police officers and police officers who committed murders) face the law as soon as possible with no further casualties.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see which way the normally erm....very un-black gun block jumps on this. I imagine they're hoping like hell that these weapons are unregistered, because that of course is an entirely different thing, using different muzzle vel. ammo, etc. 

SEMATIC FREEDOM!

1 hour ago, baxus said:

At this point there is nothing but circumstance to show the shooters had anything to do with the BLM movement.  I have to wonder if some other group that might somehow benefit from increasing chaos might not have taken the Machivellian long view and amped the chaos up to "11" by shooting and killing the officers at this march.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

At this point there is nothing but circumstance to show the shooters had anything to do with the BLM movement.  I have to wonder if some other group that might somehow benefit from increasing chaos might not have taken the Machivellian long view and amped the chaos up to "11" by shooting and killing the officers.

You could be right, but feels like a reach, Scott.

36 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

At this point there is nothing but circumstance to show the shooters had anything to do with the BLM movement.  I have to wonder if some other group that might somehow benefit from increasing chaos might not have taken the Machivellian long view and amped the chaos up to "11" by shooting and killing the officers at this march.

I didn't mean to say they had anything to do with that movement, it was just a "what if" scenario.

It seemed pretty evident to me, but it would hardly be the first case of miscommunication on the internet. ;) 

One suspect is dead.  I think I'll stay off the Internet for a while though.  Until some actual information comes through on motive i have no interest in watching people use for their own narritive.

Sad, sad day.  I know several officers are injured and hope the death toll doesn't rise further.

6 hours ago, James Arryn said:

This is like an episode of Luther.

Scott, while any motive is open, the D.P.C.'s comments seem to suggest that this is related to the Sterling or Minny shootings.

They had triangulated the march route, which could I be luck or improv, but more likely indicates knowledge of the protest path. Not sure how easy it was to get ahold of the BLM route in advance, but the chief seemed to think it significant.

Protest routes are usually online in advance, be it a Facebook group or what have you. 

4 hours ago, baxus said:

I think this is an excellent point, and something I myself was thinking when I heard the news this morning. If the Second Amendment is there to empower civilian resistance to government tyranny, what happened yesterday checks both boxes: police killing black people; police being shot down at a vigil. This is what that vision of the Second Amendment looks like in practice, and it's pretty ugly.

2 hours ago, baxus said:

I didn't mean to say they had anything to do with that movement, it was just a "what if" scenario.

They might not be affiliated with that movement, but they are pretty clearly parts of the same response. This is scary because it looks like the situation may have moved to a new phase. In the past, police have acted as though people they are constantly in mortal danger, but in fact it was much, much rarer for anyone to kill a police officer than for a police officer to kill someone. If in the future the retaliation is in earnest, a lot more innocent people are going to die.

Our illustrious leaders had better address this soon. It's not possible to have a civilized country where law enforcement kills on the order of a thousand people per year without any meaningful legal recourse for the communities most affected by this.

I'm sad too. And usually, when this sort of stuff happens; it doesn't affect me much. This week though...

I'll just put the thoughts I shared on Facebook here:

More than ever, I am convinced that the biggest problems we have in America are hate and fear. We need a lot less of each of those.

Today, I find comfort in these words, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

We all need to let go of our fear and our hate. That is how things get better.

6 hours ago, baxus said:

Weeeelllll.  I am not saying this is the case, BUT I would not be surprised if it were neo-nazis trying to start a race war.  I also would not be surprised if it were anarchists just shitting the bed by fighting the NWO or whatever bug they have up their ass these days.  And of course there is also the chance that this is the work of a militant arm of the Panthers, etc.  I do not trust the Dallas police chief's initial assessment of the suspect that he blew up, BTW.  

It just seems so inevitable.  This seems like a facile analogy, but there is a police song, Synchronicity II, and the verse are all about the roiling chaos that has been compacted into modern mundanity.  And then the chorus details the dark consequences of this pressure tamping boiling up to the surface.  For the past year I have felt the way this song makes me feel IRL.

1 hour ago, Harakiri said:

Walsh's comments are fucking disgusting. Too chicken shit to say what he really means so he uses coded wording. Real America = white america. I hope that he is investigated by the fucking secret service for his comments. 

Who?

5 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

Who?

He's a former Illinois congressman. 

He said " 3 Dallas cops killed, 7 wounded. This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out Black Lives Matters punks. Real America is coming for you." 

He deleted the tweet like the chicken shit he is and clearly was too much of a coward to say what he really meant so he used coded wording. Real America clearly implies White America. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-joe-walsh-twitter-dallas-tweet-20160708-story.html

6 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

He's a former Illinois congressman. 

He said " 3 Dallas cops killed, 7 wounded. This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out Black Lives Matters punks. Real America is coming for you." 

He deleted the tweet like the chicken shit he is and clearly was too much of a coward to say what he really meant so he used coded wording. Real America clearly implies White America. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-joe-walsh-twitter-dallas-tweet-20160708-story.html

Jesus fucking christ.  Looks like the racists are using this to try and reenact the first chapter of the Turner Diaries.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm1-3E1XgAAoD1c.jpg

Archived