Tyrion knowing why Jaime kiled the Mad King

Hi this is my first post on the forum and i hope nobody has asked this question. So at one point in the episode Tyrion told Dany why Jaime killed her father. This is different with the books where Brienne is the only person who knows, why do you guys think d&d made this difference? And do you think it will affect something in the future like maybe a meeting between Jaime and Dany? I know it's not that important but I'm curious, and sorry if there's any grammar mistakes

• 2 weeks later...

I actually didn't notice that. Are we sure Jaime never told Tyrion about Aerys' plan? I mean, I get why D&D did it, to remind viewers "Oh, hey, remember that wildfire Jaime mentioned way back in season 3? Yeah, that's gonna be important soon." It makes more sense having Tyrion know about it and telling Dany rather than Jaime mentioning it again somehow.

Still, nice catch, and welcome to the forums!

• 4 months later...

I don't think we ever see this on screen. To me it is just the show reminding Dany of just how messed up her dad was and to help her understand that he did in fact need to die. Also, you know since the next episode the wildfire was used to do exactly what Aerys had in mind.

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect this is also a nod to the complex yet deep bond between the Lannister boys (that remains untainted in the show). Jaime trusts no one with the true details of his Kingslayer story but his siblings. Eventually, through her stubborn, honour-bound mindset and actions, Brienne finally lowers Jaime's defences, which is fascinating, in that of all the characters we have seen thus far, Brienne's code of honour most closely resembles that of Eddard Stark, who Jaime clearly continues to resent. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2017 at 0:56 AM, halfmanhalfwolf said:

I suspect this is also a nod to the complex yet deep bond between the Lannister boys (that remains untainted in the show). Jaime trusts no one with the true details of his Kingslayer story but his siblings. Eventually, through her stubborn, honour-bound mindset and actions, Brienne finally lowers Jaime's defences, which is fascinating, in that of all the characters we have seen thus far, Brienne's code of honour most closely resembles that of Eddard Stark, who Jaime clearly continues to resent. 

Think it's supposed to be an unspoken thing. We know he tells Brienne that he'd never told anyone else that story, but a bad thing once spoken becomes easier to say again. I would guess if he did, which in the books he doesn't tell Tyrion, it would have to have happened when Tyrion was in the cells of the Red Keep. They have emphasized the bond between the brother more, which is why Tyrion would know. 

Archived