How easy kill Dragon ?

hitman47

8 minutes ago, Michael Mertyns said:

Meraxes was killed by a scorpion bolt through the eye. The hardest part for that would be to aim.

Yes, but if you have an army of archers firing fire arrows one of them will hit him. Or shot him with wildfire from catapult.

45 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

Yes, but if you have an army of archers firing fire arrows one of them will hit him. Or shot him with wildfire from catapult.

Poison, most effective.

Wildfire is possible, but we actually never heard what would happen to a dragon douzed in wildfire, plus chances are the thing will ignite on the ground way before it leaves catapult and destroy the crew manning the catapult.

Arrows, scorpions, and other projectiles are basically sacrificing men for a 1% hit rate. If you read through Aegon's conquest, many castles had archers and scorpions mounted on the walls and it never worked, only once in a dornish castle by pure chance ONE!!! scorpion hit Meraxes and it was considered a fey accident. I think Dornish defenders were just as surprised by their success, since it was probably 8th such castle attack that dragons did and most of them had the similar type defenses (errors, catapults, scorpions) and all that time it never succeeded (or did since). 

1 hour ago, Masha said:

Poison, most effective.

Wildfire is possible, but we actually never heard what would happen to a dragon douzed in wildfire, plus chances are the thing will ignite on the ground way before it leaves catapult and destroy the crew manning the catapult.

Arrows, scorpions, and other projectiles are basically sacrificing men for a 1% hit rate. If you read through Aegon's conquest, many castles had archers and scorpions mounted on the walls and it never worked, only once in a dornish castle by pure chance ONE!!! scorpion hit Meraxes and it was considered a fey accident. I think Dornish defenders were just as surprised by their success, since it was probably 8th such castle attack that dragons did and most of them had the similar type defenses (errors, catapults, scorpions) and all that time it never succeeded (or did since). 

Well I agree about poison. Also I would hend the knee, end bloodshed and then kill dragons and rebel.

Yes,it is a possibility that wildfire will explode on ground, bur it is an option worth trying. 

But ypu have to consider that Drogon is not nearly as big as Balerion and co were. But when you have 10k archers shooting, one might hit him, but I would use this if poison, storming of Dragon Pit and wildfire failed.

2 hours ago, dariopatke said:

2 hours ago, Masha said:

Poison, most effective.

The pyromancer Tyrion meets tells him that the sun, dragon fire, and the fires in the earth are hotter than wildfire, and dragonfire does not effect other dragons, they are impervious to fire, so wildfire would not be an effective weapon.

11 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

Well I agree about poison. Also I would hend the knee, end bloodshed and then kill dragons and rebel.

Yes,it is a possibility that wildfire will explode on ground, bur it is an option worth trying. 

But ypu have to consider that Drogon is not nearly as big as Balerion and co were. But when you have 10k archers shooting, one might hit him, but I would use this if poison, storming of Dragon Pit and wildfire failed.

Drogon is not as big as Balerion and Co, so less of a target. You have to assume that when Aegon & Sisters assaulted Dornish castles - several at least before the Hellbolt, the Dornish mounted their thousands of archers on those castles, and mountains and traps that they were constantly doing, and only at Hellbot, after dozen or so battles, ONE! scorpion managed to hit 1 dragon. Chances to kill by archers not that big. Didn't the only way Meraxes was killed because scorpion hit it in the eye? So only vulnerable by arrows part of the dragon are eyes. Thats an awfully small target and small chance.

But yes, as Storming of Dragonpits during TDOD proved, you can kill a dragon if you manage to catch it unawares, asleep, and chained in cages with no way out.

Just now, Masha said:

Drogon is not as big as Balerion and Co, so less of a target. You have to assume that when Aegon & Sisters assaulted Dornish castles - several at least before the Hellbolt, the Dornish mounted their thousands of archers on those castles, and mountains and traps that they were constantly doing, and only at Hellbot, after dozen or so battles, ONE! scorpion managed to hit 1 dragon. Chances to kill by archers not that big. Didn't the only way Meraxes was killed because scorpion hit it in the eye? So only vulnerable by arrows part of the dragon are eyes. Thats an awfully small target and small chance.

But yes, as Storming of Dragonpits during TDOD proved, you can kill a dragon if you manage to catch it unawares, asleep, and chained in cages with no way out.

But more vulnerable (his skin isn't as hard as Balerions was) and Daenerys and whoever rides other dragons are not "trained" and experienced riders and they couldn't control them like Aegon could. i think regular arrow can also take him, but yeah chances are really small.

Not sure what kind of poison will work on dragon considering they breathe fire, that must be hell of digestive system they have.
Wildfire would only work on small dragon considering the bigger one is impervious
The best way is for dragon to fight dragon, or arrow to the eye

7 minutes ago, redtree said:

Not sure what kind of poison will work on dragon considering they breathe fire, that must be hell of digestive system they have.
Wildfire would only work on small dragon considering the bigger one is impervious
The best way is for dragon to fight dragon, or arrow to the eye

I dont know but it is most efective if works.

Lets say Daenerys sails to Weateros amd IT semds fleet to defeat her at sea. Ome ship is loaded woth wildfire amd released on her. It is more likely a dragon will burn it than other ships to crush it because they see ship before other sailors. One ship loaded with wildfire took 160 ships, do you tell me it can take a dragon? Of course for this you need some brave men willing to do a suicide mission because you will have to send dozen ships because one is suspicious.

Fight a dragon? Like storming Pit fighting or Field of Fire fighting?

The best way to kill a dragon is to wait until it is on the ground and not flying,sneak up on it with a bunch of archers and try your best to shoot it in the eyes,that is the best way I can think of to kill a dragon,it is almost impossible to shoot it in the eye while it is flying as the eye is a very small target and the dragon is constantly moving,most other methods will be useless,remember the foolish attempt by the soldiers in the fighting pit that tried to slay dragon thinking that spear in the neck will kill it. Another way is to use Rhoynish water magic,the rhoynar managed to kill two valyrian dragons and scare off a third one with water magic. Also Brandon snow the bastard brother of torrhen stark wanted to stealthily enter aegon's camp and kill balerion with  weirwood arrows while it was on the ground,or if you are ta'veren you might try using the method of ser cerwyn of the mirrorshield

28 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

I dont know but it is most efective if works.

Lets say Daenerys sails to Weateros amd IT semds fleet to defeat her at sea. Ome ship is loaded woth wildfire amd released on her. It is more likely a dragon will burn it than other ships to crush it because they see ship before other sailors. One ship loaded with wildfire took 160 ships, do you tell me it can take a dragon? Of course for this you need some brave men willing to do a suicide mission because you will have to send dozen ships because one is suspicious.

Fight a dragon? Like storming Pit fighting or Field of Fire fighting?

There's no mention of poison works so we don't know for sure but one maester in awoiaf said that eyes is the only way
If the wildfire explosion is as just as big as tv, i don't think the dragon will die because of fire but because of blunt injury from stuff that's thrown at it. It might spin around, lose balance and drown in the sea, except if they can swim which is unrecorded
No, dragon against dragon. Like Vhagar vs Caraxes, or Tessarion and Seasmoke vs Vermithor. All of the dragons i mentioned died or ended up disabled in process

Some place in the bizzilon pages, the book smart Tyrion says the best way to kill a dragon is an arrow through the eye because it reaches the brain.

I suspect a dragon would be at its weakest after its belly is full. I guess someone could sneak up on it and use one of them weirwood or specialty bows mentioned in the books. Eyelids are thin.

Dany remembers that the crossbow bolts skittered off Drogon’s scales, lodged between them or tore through the membranes of his wings, but his wounds were smoking and the bolts burst into flame.

Maybe someone who has recently read the Princess and the Queen can shed some light on how to kill a dragon. Was there some rumors about the Targ dragons being poisoned.

They might be vulnerable to water. They seem to grow and thrive in the sun & open spaces but get grumpy in dark confined spaces.

49 minutes ago, redtree said:

There's no mention of poison works so we don't know for sure but one maester in awoiaf said that eyes is the only way
If the wildfire explosion is as just as big as tv, i don't think the dragon will die because of fire but because of blunt injury from stuff that's thrown at it. It might spin around, lose balance and drown in the sea, except if they can swim which is unrecorded
No, dragon against dragon. Like Vhagar vs Caraxes, or Tessarion and Seasmoke vs Vermithor. All of the dragons i mentioned died or ended up disabled in process

It is because no one tried, maybe it works, maybe not, but is a good idea.

Yes, but he would die anyway. It is too much for dragon to swim, I leave that to krakens.

Oh, well it is certanly really good way unless you are Aegon, son of Aenys. Do you think we will dragon vs dragon in WoW or DoS?

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Some place in the bizzilon pages, the book smart Tyrion says the best way to kill a dragon is an arrow through the eye because it reaches the brain.

I suspect a dragon would be at its weakest after its belly is full. I guess someone could sneak up on it and use one of them weirwood or specialty bows mentioned in the books. Eyelids are thin.

Dany remembers that the crossbow bolts skittered off Drogon’s scales, lodged between them or tore through the membranes of his wings, but his wounds were smoking and the bolts burst into flame.

Maybe someone who has recently read the Princess and the Queen can shed some light on how to kill a dragon. Was there some rumors about the Targ dragons being poisoned.

They might be vulnerable to water. They seem to grow and thrive in the sun & open spaces but get grumpy in dark confined spaces.

You do have a point about the water,I'm not sure if it would be very effective though,certainly Jacaerys Velaryon died when his dragon Vermax flew too low and crashed into the sea,however we also know that Caraxes was able crawl from the Gods eye (the largest lake in westeros) back to the shore and I know this is a book discussion but I'll just mention that in season 3 of GOT we saw young dragon entering the sea,completely immersed in water and still able to come flying back up,I think the reason why Vermax died is it was too big to simply crawl up to the surface and take flight,and it was too far in the middle of the sea to be able to crawl to the nearest shore and fly from land.

Here are a few of ideas ranging from crackpot to practical.

• Surgically insert poison sacks into a herd of sheep and let them loose outside the enemy camp for the dragons to eat. 
  • Valyrian steel tipped balista bolt maybe.
  • Shoot something to tangle their wings while they are flying to make them crash.
  • Sneak attack while they are asleep.
  • Shoot and pray.
  • Hammer of the waters on any low flying dragons.
  • Powerful Skinchanger

Historically, the most common way to kill a dragon is to convince two or more dragonriders to fight each other. When dragons fight to the death, they're reasonably likely to end up killed or maimed.

Another way to do it is to pen them in underground and then run a whole bunch of religious zealots at them in a suicidal bum rush, or pen them in as children so they don't grow up.

You can also get rid of a dragon without killing them by convincing a dragonrider to fly away and try to make a new life elsewhere.

Trying to kill a dragon on the battlefield without a dragon of your own, while possible with the right ballistic weapon, tends to not be how smart people go about it.

6 hours ago, Masha said:

So we can assume that the scales protect a mature Dragon from Arrows and Crossbowbolts maybe even scorpionbolts, but shouldnt it be possible to shred the wings of a dragon with crossbowbolts and arrows?

Once a Dragon can not fly it should be a lot easier to kill him.

Archived