How easy kill Dragon ?

hitman47

8 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Why weirwood, though? It's not like it's fire resistant or has magical auto-aim capabilities. All it takes is one breath from the dragon and your arrows are literally toast. Wouldn't you have a better chance with metallic weapons?

3 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

I thought about that, but I've never really associated weirwood with ice. The trees were all over Westeros, after all, until the Andals cut and burnt them down. It just seems silly to me, to come at dragons with something so flammable.

"There is a power in living wood" - said Jojen Reed, as if he knew what Bran was thinking - "a power strong as fire"

37 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

IIRC, during the Dance of Dragons several of the draconic casualties are noted as having been killed by the fire of other dragons.

Not as far as I recall. The riders were yeah, and Moondancer was blinded by Sunfyre's flames (another example of eyes being the weak spot on a dragon) but that's about it. Caraxes died of the injuries Vhagar gave it and vice-versa, Vermithor tore out Tessarion's throat and sent Seasmoke crashing into the ground only to then be arrowed through the eye. Vermax either drowned or was killed by scorpion bolts, Arrax was beheaded (by Vhagar's teeth) and the dragons in the dragonpit were killed by crude spears and whatever other weapons the mob had. So no I can't really remember a time where a dragon died to fire.

Archived