Hunt Down Nymeria

U. B. Cool

This might fun for those who hunt. 

Nymberia and her wolves are causing problems for farmers and livestock in the Riverlands.  You're being paid to hunt down and kill Nymeria.  Assume you can't use poisons and traps.  What method would you use?

1. Do you hunt on foot or on horseback?
  2. Obviously you will need to use dogs.  What kind/breed of dogs?  Assume you have access to the same breeds that we do today.

I used to hunt wild hogs in the south.  We used a breed of dog called Dogo Argentina.  The dog looks like a white pit bull but much larger.  It doesn't klll the hog.  It chases and holds it down.   I would imagine you can train the dog to track and kill wolves.  

Going by the description from Martin, I would guesstimate five Dogos can make easy work of Nymeria.  But then you don't want to damage the dire wolf's pelt.  It would make a fine token to gift to the Lannisters or the Freys.  Might earn you a nice coin.  Walder can wipe his gouty feet on Nymeria's fur.

Pity you ruled out traps.  The pack is large.  It will take time to hunt them all down.  I say, don't worry about the pack.  Take down Nymeria first.  One arrow should do it.  You can skin her and give her pelt to the Freys for a reward. 

1. Let Nymeria come to you.  She's at the head of the pack.  She won't be hard to find.  Lay out some bait and wait.
  2. No dogs.  Let her come to you.  Put an arrow in her chest.  Then you can use dogs to track the blood.  She will bleed out quickly. 

2 hours ago, 300 H&H Mag said:

I used to hunt wild hogs in the south.  We used a breed of dog called Dogo Argentina.  The dog looks like a white pit bull but much larger.  It doesn't klll the hog.  It chases and holds it down.   I would imagine you can train the dog to track and kill wolves.  

Going by the description from Martin, I would guesstimate five Dogos can make easy work of Nymeria.  But then you don't want to damage the dire wolf's pelt.  It would make a fine token to gift to the Lannisters or the Freys.  Might earn you a nice coin.  Walder can wipe his gouty feet on Nymeria's fur.

The five dogs you are proposing will be slain before they even get to nymeria,it is said that there are a hundred wolves in her pack now. Best method would be to take a large number of men say 70 and the majority of them should be archers,the foot soldiers should carry long reaching weapons like spears or halberds so as not to get too close to the wolves,and one more reminder from theon greyjoy,never hunt them at night,good luck!

It's not really possible to hide a pack that large.  They should be easy to find.  Best thing to do, thin out the pack little by little.  The alpha wolf will be one of the first to die.  She's not hiding in the back behind the others.  Kill Nymeria and the remaining wolves will revert back to normal.  Nymeria is a reflection of Arya's corruption.  She's messed up too, just like Arya is messed up.  I suppose you could just kill Arya.  Perhaps that will break the emotional link and return Nymeria to a normal wolf like Ghost.  I can't stand Ghost, but at least he doesn't go out and hunt the smallfolk for fun. 

Archived