SanSan next season?

Now that The Hound is back, will there be a chance that he and Sansa will get together? I know a lot of fans like the idea of her swearing off romance, but I actually think The Hound wouldn't be bad for her. She's become a hard woman, and he was always a hard man. Imagine it being a Stark contrast (yes that was intentional) to Cersei having the Mountain be her bodyguard, only where Cersei is hateful and has nobody to love anymore, and the emotionless zombie Mountain that follows her fits with that, Sansa and Sandor will have loyalty through love and compassion. I know it sounds silly maybe, but it would be an interesting parallel.
Other fans argue it may be odd because of age differences, and even though Sophie Turner is of age, I could understand that as we saw her character go from a young girl to an adult, but at the same time it's not like you HAVE to have a sex scene between the two.

So anyway... opinions?

Some people are very fanatical about SanSan.

I'm not. I can see where those backing it are coming from, especially in the books, but I'd much prefer for it not to happen.

At any rate, as for the likelihood of SanSan happening in the show? It can't be ruled about, but there's not as much support for it as in the books. On the other hand, with as much fanaticism as there is behind it in some quarters, B&W might try to include it or some form of it to as a kind of fanservice. I have no confidence in their ability to do so well or tastefully.

Frankly, with the current state of the Show, it's more likely that Sandor's going to die fighting. Or maybe Littlefinger will either try to use or assassinate him. Sandor does, after all, know that Littlefinger was intimately involved in the Lannister's overcoming Ned Stark in King's Landing.

Who knows? It's not like the show has any sort of consistency we can rely on.

1 hour ago, Leticia Stark said:

It's easier to happen JonxSansa than SansaxSandor in the show imo. 

But I don't think there will be any romance next season.

I disagree. There's nothing to Jon and Sansa getting together than fanatical fans imaginations. The show has done nothing to suggest it; that forehead kiss was patriarchal and forced upon Sansa of the show. It's not like it was sexy in any way.

I certainly think that Sandor and Sansa have been well established as thinking of each other and desiring each other in the books. The show is crazy as all get out, but I can see that they have also established the hallmarks of what's going on in the books, in their own way. 

So, yeah, I think that Sandor and Sansa meet in the show next season. If there is any true romance in the books, it's theirs, so I expect the man who treats her "almost gently" (the key words established for a future between characters by GRRM, throughout the series and in the World of Ice and Fire book), to show up and do just that.

4 hours ago, Kytheros said:

At any rate, as for the likelihood of SanSan happening in the show? It can't be ruled about, but there's not as much support for it as in the books. On the other hand, with as much fanaticism as there is behind it in some quarters, B&W might try to include it or some form of it to as a kind of fanservice. I have no confidence in their ability to do so well or tastefully.

Frankly, with the current state of the Show, it's more likely that Sandor's going to die fighting. Or maybe Littlefinger will either try to use or assassinate him. Sandor does, after all, know that Littlefinger was intimately involved in the Lannister's overcoming Ned Stark in King's Landing.

Why bring back Sandor? Why send him North? With everything else left to do his role isn't very important unless it has an impact on someone like Sansa and the conflict she may have with Jon & LF. 

The Knight she always dreamed about aren't like her fairytales and Sandor has never believed in those ideals either. It would be very poetic and fitting, if she did survive the series, to live on as a Lady with a Knight that has found his honour and will protect her. 

Why would their relationship be so odd?
I highly doubt that Tyrion and her will get back together, as he's so far away, and on an opposite side to what her and Jon are, and most likely Littlefinger will attempt a betrayal now. It wouldn't make sense to invent a new character for her to like when you have the only one who TRULY cared for her come back a few episodes ago.

Plus while Brienne didn't say his name, she did technically mention the Hound to Sansa. Foreshadowing maybe...

3 minutes ago, TheKnightOfJests said:

Why would their relationship be so odd?
I highly doubt that Tyrion and her will get back together, as he's so far away, and on an opposite side to what her and Jon are, and most likely Littlefinger will attempt a betrayal now. It wouldn't make sense to invent a new character for her to like when you have the only one who TRULY cared for her come back a few episodes ago.

Plus while Brienne didn't say his name, she did technically mention the Hound to Sansa. Foreshadowing maybe...

Yeah, the writers weirdly had Brienne hold back his name. Called him a "A Man" and that Arya was with him willingly. 

I think the Hound will play a role in helping both Stark girls step away from the dark paths and find some peace. With Arya it was always a more Father figure role and with Sansa it was always something more

1 hour ago, Karmarni said:

I disagree. There's nothing to Jon and Sansa getting together than fanatical fans imaginations. The show has done nothing to suggest it; that forehead kiss was patriarchal and forced upon Sansa of the show. It's not like it was sexy in any way.

I certainly think that Sandor and Sansa have been well established as thinking of each other and desiring each other in the books. The show is crazy as all get out, but I can see that they have also established the hallmarks of what's going on in the books, in their own way. 

So, yeah, I think that Sandor and Sansa meet in the show next season. If there is any true romance in the books, it's theirs, so I expect the man who treats her "almost gently" (the key words established for a future between characters by GRRM, throughout the series and in the World of Ice and Fire book), to show up and do just that.

Yes, this. They did a lot of setup, and this looks like it may be quite nice on the show. I think it's going to be big, books and show. :) 

Speaking of kisses, this time, with Sandor, she will be the one to initiate the kiss. She gets to choose this time, and it will be Sandor.

1 hour ago, Karmarni said:

And yet I've seen many many people on twitter and facebook saying that they got some "incest feelings" while watching their scenes, even some articles said the same. But I agree, Jon x Sansa would be really weird, I think people only like to see Kit and Sophie together on screen.

That may change soon when Emilia get in the picture tho

51 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Why bring back Sandor? Why send him North? With everything else left to do his role isn't very important unless it has an impact on someone like Sansa and the conflict she may have with Jon & LF. 

The Knight she always dreamed about aren't like her fairytales and Sandor has never believed in those ideals either. It would be very poetic and fitting, if she did survive the series, to live on as a Lady with a Knight that has found his honour and will protect her. 

I can see this happening. He'll tell Sansa and Jon everything he knows about Littlefinger, what he did with Ned, and this will be his end. 

5 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

I think people only like to see Kit and Sophie together on screen.

That may change soon when Emilia get in the picture tho

Agree. However, Sansa towers over Emo-Jon, while all the promo pics of Jon and Dany make them look so appealing together. Even I think, I can see that. I say even because Jon's a short dude with a manbun and, well, that's just not very 'manly', imo. Don't get me wrong, I really like the book character.

On the other hand, casting has turned out at as it should, and Sansa and Sandor also look appealing together. Just like Cat and Ned did.

6 hours ago, Kytheros said:

Some people are very fanatical about SanSan.

I'm not. I can see where those backing it are coming from, especially in the books, but I'd much prefer for it not to happen.

I wonder if Sandor will be the one to tell Sansa? Maybe Sansa will have Sandor assassinate Littlefinger? I'd love to see that.

7 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Sandor will be AA, Sansa will be his Nissa Nissa...

You hurt my heart.

Anyway yea I wouldn't mind SanSan but I don't think there's time to build up their romance. Lol hearing we only have 13 episodes left makes me think there's no time for anything. I guess they could fit it in if they tried. The Hound is a pretty tough Stark-like kinda man so it would be a very good option to keep the Stark line as a hardened bunch. Breed out that Tully in em.

Even though it was toned down in the show, at least they still had Sandor mention Sansa although now going in to season seven, I'm not sure it was enough to adequately remind the audience that there is/was some sort of connection there. I think he mentioned her once in season three and once in season four...? 

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the show hasn't demonstrated that Sansa has had any thoughts of Sandor since their parting during the Battle of the Blackwater, which was four seasons ago. Certainly nothing that non-book readers or casual viewers would reasonably be expected to pick up on. This would be important to do if their relationship was going to have any significance to the rest of the story would it not? They were able to show quite easily in seasons five and six that Arya still thinks of him, so clearly, it is possible. 

However, when Brienne specifically didn't mention him by name when telling Sansa who Arya was with but gently described to her the bond she could tell they had, I immediately concluded that it was because Sandor was in for a much more impactful re-introduction to Sansa's world. Otherwise, why not just say "she was with Sandor Clegane and they seemed to be getting along." Sansa could just nonchalantly reply "oh, yeah? That's good." 

No doubt, in the episode that their reunion happens, they'll do a "previously on" with scenes of Sandor rescuing her from the mob, covering her with his cloak or the "you won't hurt me" scene to hastily remind people that they once shared screen time.

Sandor's had a tough life, it would be nice to see something good happen too him. A hot noble redhead would certainly qualify as nice. Sansa has seen enough evil herself, and odd as it may seem, the Hound has treated her far better than most. I wouldn't be shocked or upset with a Beauty and the Beast romance between the two.

And Mycah has had a tough death. Actually there are quite a few characters who had a tough life. Should they all get something good as reward?

As interesting as Rory Mc Cann's Sandor is - the show did not go the route of changing his character into a more socially compatible personality. Actually his grotesque and sometimes hilarious cynicism is the essence of Sandor's character. Horror coming with its own comic relief. Sandor is not toned down, he is not "redeemed" as in having learned a different approach to life. We only cheer for him because he chops the right people apart, those who are the bad guys. But he gluttons in killing just like he did before, casually taking the boots of the man he just insisted to kill,  while the guy is still choking.

Sandor is still someone who lives by the sword and who will die by the sword though he might die fighting the good fight. He has not been changed by his near death experience. And I guess he might die for Arya or for Sansa. Or he will die because of Sansa, she sending him to his death for her revenge.

Sounds like they are setting him up to do good:

What matters, I believe, is that there's something greater than us. And whatever it is, it's got plans for Sandor Clegane...

Never too late to stop robbing people, to stop killing people. Start helping people. It's never too late to come back.

(After Sandor told Arya to tell Sansa, Ask her who came back for her.)

We need good men to help us... You can still help a lot more than you've harmed, Clegane. It's not too late for you.

He's felt remorse, and has already been punished:

If the gods are real...why haven't they punished me?

They have.

So he returns. They talk about him doing good. But still being a great fighter. And heading north. (And whips out his penis...) All in two episodes, they established all of that... Just at the moment that Sansa is free...

They are doing a two of a kind thing with them... she's more like him, he's more like her. (That's where they are going with the ale stuff.. ale scene ahead, and she's going to like it!)

And then this, which is like Blackwater (which they have hinted about several times):

I saw her with a man. I don't think he hurt her. She didn't want to leave him, he didn't want to leave her.

And before:

The world is built by killers, so you'd better get used to looking at them, he told Sansa. And she knows now. And she also knows this: You won't hurt me, Sansa told him.

(Lots more they have been teasing, but this is just some of it...)

Archived