Survivor: MvGX

Scrambled Aegon

I actually thought it was a smart move by Jay and one that could advance him to the finale.

1. He just got the two Gen X people on his tribe to like and maybe trust him, Sunday will be loyal likely, other guy, who knows.

2. He took out, IMHO, the best player in the game. Smartest and most athletic player. So that gives him final tribal council credibility.

3. He took out the person who basically laughed that Ziggy got voted out and said it should have happened sooner, so he made his buddy (Ziggy's bf) happy.

To me this was a really good move as long as the millennials stay together and his two new Gen X friends have his back.

And if we are honest, we knew she wouldn't last anyway. She was clearly going to be a challenge beast and target #1 so he just beat everyone else to the punch.

I think this was kind of dumb decision . Brett is always going to move over to Chris as soon as the merge hits . Zeke has already sided with GenX . Taylor and Adam don't trust each other .There was no point in saving him. By blindsiding Hannah you lose her as well . There are no short term or long term advantages of this move , she could have been a meat shield for him come merge as well .

I can't help but think if Michaela was a strong guy instead of a woman she wouldn't get voted out at this stage . People would keep the guy for help in challenges even if he is a threat same did not apply to a female contestant she is a threat who should go now . That just sucks .

6 hours ago, brAnthelAstgreenseer said:

I can't help but think if Michaela was a strong guy instead of a woman she wouldn't get voted out at this stage . People would keep the guy for help in challenges even if he is a threat same did not apply to a female contestant she is a threat who should go now . That just sucks .

What?  Strong athletic males get voted out premerge or just after the merge every damn season.  I find it interesting that the athletic alpha challenge beast was a woman this year.

What an amazing day... It is my fervent wish that this be the last time I be allowed to talk about this, but we will see.

Survivor open casting call was today, and I experienced it. Today was a surreal experience all the way around, and I am absolutely positive I made an impression. I am almost quite certain that I made the most memorable part of the day for almost all of the 300 people there. Here is how it started.

Since I am still not driving myself because of surgery, I had called and made arrangements for my mother to give me a ride. The location was out in Grapevine at a car dealership, so I told her to meet me at my house at noon because the call was for 2pm. I wanted to get there at least an hour early.

She shows up at 1pm, and then realizes that the location is farther away than she thought. We drive out with her yelling at me the entire way, and then we get lost when we get to the area. As I am using my tablet to GPS the location, I accidentally broke the screen.

So we show up late, and there is packs of people already there like cattle getting ready to be herded into the slaughter. I am led down a line, and they give me a piece of paper on it with the number GREEN 159 on it meaning I am going to the green casting room, and 158 bozos are going in before me to speak to the camera in monotone voices and tell it that the really, really, really want to be on the show. I would be 159, and there was an entirely separate room doing the exact same thing. Needless to say, I felt a little despondent.

I went outside for some fresh air, when all of a sudden, I noticed that someone had left their paper with the number BLUE 74 on it LYING ON THE GROUND. Without thinking about it, I scooped it up and put it in my pocket. This is where the story begins. It had been a bad day up to this point, and I decided that I was going to have a little fun.

I see a guy come out of the building, and he is frantically looking for something. He searches the ground where he dropped the paper, and then I see him walk to his car looking there for it. This guy spent 15 minutes scouring over the entire place for it. I had met a few people during this time, so I found someone I had built up a little rapport with in conversation and I told him what was going on.

At this point, the guy who had lost his number went back to the line to get another one, and he threw an absolute fit about not having his number. Everyone in the building heard him complaining about it. At this point, I had met a few other people, and I decided to let them in on it as well. Since the guy was being an ass about it, and I was being my normal obnoxious yet likable self, these people just laughed and didn't say anything to Mr. Butterfingers.

An hour or so passes, and I have an entire section of the room listening to stories I was telling, some of them true, some of them entirely fabricated just to get practice in in case I'm selected for the show. No one has said anything to the guy who is sitting on the other side of the room in a bad mood, and the plan is moving forward.

They finally called a series of numbers that contained the one I had rightfully stolen, and here comes angry guy with his own BLUE 74b sign that he had written himself. I mostly ignored him, but wished him luck when he went into the interview room with his self made sign. He spent a couple of minutes in there, and on his way out, I walked in and called him an impostor. Told the casting department I was the real BLUE 74 and could prove it, and then gave them the real number and sign. This man looked at me with fire and smoke pouring out of his ears, but the casting people shuffled him out of the room quickly, and there I was.

I then pulled up a chair, and made the camera guy refocus the camera on me. Everyone else was standing up, and I probably could have done the interview that way, but I wanted to do something that made me look different than every other person who went in there that day. The casting people in the room were already looking away trying to conceal smiles when they told me to begin.

I nailed it. There is nothing more that I could have possibly done to promote myself any better. I may not get on the show for reasons of being fat and having a face for radio, but I left it all out there in that two minute spiel. (well, it was supposed to be two minutes, I took three) The entirety of my interview consisted of what exactly had happened that day, how I arrived late with a screaming mother, how I stole my position, how I fabricated story after story to people, and how that if they selected me to play I would be doing the exact same thing on everyone's television screens.

Not only was the casting department in my room cracking up uncontrollably, but as I was leaving, it quickly got back to the other room and they were laughing. One of them asked me if my leg would be healed enough to play when it got time to go.

On the way out the door, I loudly proclaimed to the room of 300 plus people still waiting that I had knocked it out of the park in the interview. I got a few people clapping at me for that, and then I dropped the bomb in the room and told them that it was I who had stolen that guys number. Every single person in that room cheered me as I walked out. It could not have been more perfect.

On 11/4/2016 at 8:40 PM, Howdyphillip said:

(snip)

THIS is the guy I want to see on Survivor.  Brilliant! :cheers:

You basically found a hidden immunity idol another player had not hidden well enough, and used it to oust them from the game. :D

5 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

THIS is the guy I want to see on Survivor.  Brilliant! :cheers:

You basically found a hidden immunity idol another player had not hidden well enough, and used it to oust them from the game. :D

That comparison was not lost on me. I used it in the audition video... 

Thanks for the kind words, my fingers are still crossed.

14 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

That comparison was not lost on me. I used it in the audition video... 

Thanks for the kind words, my fingers are still crossed.

So I take it you will be a villain of sorts on the show, since people stealing others idols would be viewed that way, or more like a pirate who is pillaging?

If selected you have to find a way to drop a ASOIAF or Westeros Easter egg on the show. Maybe carve R+L=J or something like that.

On 11/4/2016 at 2:17 AM, Slurktan said:

What?  Strong athletic males get voted out premerge or just after the merge every damn season.  I find it interesting that the athletic alpha challenge beast was a woman this year.

Most strong athletic men get taken at least to the merge . premerge boot is a mostly because they have a douchey personality .

I will echo the sentiment of others interesting stuff Howdy i can't see how they will not pick for the next round .

3 hours ago, brAnthelAstgreenseer said:

Most strong athletic men get taken at least to the merge . premerge boot is a mostly because they have a douchey personality .

But she did have a douche personality. She made some really blunt comments to her own tribe and in front of the entire cast. She was great at challenges but she also wasn't very good at being a team member, you could see she didn't trust her team and wanted to do it all herself and got pissed when someone else tried and failed.  

I personally loved having her on the show, very smart, very good at challenges, and I liked that she spoke her mind, and well, she was hot. The bad thing for her was that she was very smart, good at challenges and blunt!! Those things make you a target in survivor.

10 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Why did they go for the soft target?  Why not Jay or Taylor?

They said they were worried about Jay protecting Taylor with an idol, that they wouldn't see a Michelle vote coming, and they were right. Plus for some reason Ken wanted Michelle and not Taylor, which is strange.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

They said they were worried about Jay protecting Taylor with an idol, that they wouldn't see a Michelle vote coming, and they were right. Plus for some reason Ken wanted Michelle and not Taylor, which is strange.

Have to disagree.

They were right that Jay has an idol, and that he might use it to protect Taylor.  But that's the exact reason why they should have voted out Taylor this week.  Do it when Jay thinks they're safe.  Not when he already has a warning.

Instead, they went after Michelle first, and now Jay and Taylor know they're in trouble.  So the odds of him using it to protect an ally are higher.

At the same time, might not matter too much next week - if everyone else stays together, should have enough people to split the vote and get out one of Jay/Taylor/Will, even if one of those three wins immunity.

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

At the same time, might not matter too much next week - if everyone else stays together, should have enough people to split the vote and get out one of Jay/Taylor/Will, even if one of those three wins immunity.

I would guess that is the plan. They now have the numbers to do at least a 4-4 split and I think there's 12 left so a 5-4.  The problem that could have come up last week in regards to splitting on taylor and jay is that it isn't inconceivable that the 4 could have swung someone and then guess the idol correctly which meant one of the bigger group is gone.  Now if they swing one person, it's irrelevant.  They made the right play to take out Michelle.

Spoilers for Australian Survivor ( Yes, I started watching after you folks mentioned it earlier) 

Loving this season, you guys! I haven't had so much fun watching Survivor in ages. I'm at the merge episode, so no spoilers if you're replying to this. 440 dollars for Chocolate Cake??!?!! :rofl:

Maaaan, I love Kate, Connor and Sue, and none of them are going to last. Brooke, Flick and El are nauseating. 

Again, if you choose to reply, no spoilers, please!! 

Oh sup y'all. Haven't been around on here.

Probably in large part because I have had nothing to say. This has been a super uninteresting season... which seems to be the consensus here too haha. Last Tribal was fun though, and it's never been bad, but like... never really been good, either. Very middle of the road and will probably end up right between the seasons I like and the seasons I dislike in my ranking. Probst pushing the theme so obnoxiously might push it ever so slightly into the red. Double boot next week, hopefully we lose any of Chris/Will/Jessica/Adam. And hopefully Ken starts getting air time again.

omfg Howdyphillip that story is amazing <3 From that alone I hope you get on. Good luck!

That was a great episode of Survivor .  So many highlights :

David doesn't want to do the challenge but everybody encourages him to do it  . He opens up a little and then his scene with Ken re-affirming their final 3 deal and eventually leading up to winning that immunity <3.

Jay not using his idol during the Chris vote out shows his ability to read the situation correctly .

Moving on to second hour of the episode tonight :

Zeke knows David is going after him .

Brett/Zeke having that conversation about how it was different for both of them coming out was incredible .

Hannah telling David ,that whole scene was awesome. David thinking his game has imploded and Hannah re-assuring him was cute . Being interrupted by Brett and Jay while having that conversation .

Jay being an absolute beast at the comp .

Crazy tribal . Didn't like Zeke/Brett making fun of David like that .  Adam telling Ken was the target and David saving him for that (that might have been the longest anybody has ever taken to say who they are playing the idol for ). Sad to see Jessica go out like that but imo that was the right move for her just bad luck did her in . Also while she was going Bret saying it was all David's fault for going to rocks pissed me off , you could have taken out Zeke if you didn't want to go to rocks don't bullshit someone who is already out of the door .

Looking forward Jay is probably in the strongest position followed by Zeke everybody else is a step below these two . This is going to be an interesting stretch to the end here .

Archived