How do you pronounce "Euron"?

TerrorVoid

I started out pronouncing it You-Ron.  But I have learned to dislike the character so I decided to pronounce it urine.  I did the same thing with Aenys Frey.  Started out with Ay-Niss but now I prounounce it anus. 

1 hour ago, White Ravens said:

I started out pronouncing it You-Ron.  But I have learned to dislike the character so I decided to pronounce it urine.  I did the same thing with Aenys Frey.  Started out with Ay-Niss but now I prounounce it anus. 

Always thought Aenys was meant to inevitably be pronounced "Anus". What tips one off, possibly, is that it looks more like a girls name, as does Hosteen. So when you see Hosteen Frey and Aenys Frey, first you can giggle at Hosteen (a half Crakehall burly jock) having what seems to be a female version of Hoster for the name (seeing as how Hoster Tully is his family's liege there's certainly an amusing story of how that happened). Then the other guys name looks strangely female, too, and you try to pronounce it to make sure and oh god rofl it's Anus. 

(I think it's a self-parody of his gratuitious overuse of latin diphtongs like ae and putting y's where an i would do, and saddling characters with überawesome brutaldeathmetal names like Daenerys Targaryen or Rheagar Targaryen that just take you out of the narrative every thime you see them because of how ridiculous they are. Cool, true, but none the less ridiculous :)  It's like "Yeah, when you pull a "Rheagar" and stick it on a white haired purple eyed standard fantasy chickbait it's soooo cool, but then you take an "Aenys" and stick it on a dumb Frey and wait for folks to walk right into it")

Archived