Why doesn't Tyrion warn Dany about Theon's Reputation?

Just now, KingInTheBay said:

Dany can't have children. Also, I didn't say Daario wouldn't be somewhat detrimental, just no where near as harmful as having Theon along.

That's not as clear in the show, as far as the tv show goes, we don't know if she is barren. Plus if she is, only she knows. Tyrion does NOT know that, so his reasons are still good. We honestly don't know that she is barren in the books either. We only have the word of mirri maz duur, and she isn't reliable. She had her own motives.

And I'm pretty sure you said tyrions reasons for leaving daario were weak..

On 7/9/2016 at 11:19 AM, KingInTheBay said:

While considering Tyrion's hating on first Jorah, and the Daario, it occurred to me, no word on Theon? His reputation, outside of Sansa, is pretty wretched. I don't imagine Jon or Bran will be happy to see him again. Why not leave him with Daario to lead the Mereen navy or some such. Does he not mind him along because he's not able to be a romantic rival? I've always thought his reasons for leaving Daario behind was weak. If you have three Dragons, your the most eligible bachelorette in westros, period.

I refuted that statement.

19 minutes ago, brightflame princess said:

I think tyrion knows theon is pretty harmless. His taking of winterfell was a complete joke.

I don't think Theon is harmless, nor do I think his taking of Winterfell was a joke, though I understand the position you're coming from. I think THEON is the joke, just as he is a coward and an opportunist. What he did to Winterfell (and those boys) was shameful. He'll live with those bad decisions for the rest of his life.

1 hour ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

I don't think Theon is harmless, nor do I think his taking of Winterfell was a joke, though I understand the position you're coming from. I think THEON is the joke, just as he is a coward and an opportunist. What he did to Winterfell (and those boys) was shameful. He'll live with those bad decisions for the rest of his life.

Yeah, I see your point. I also understand where the op is coming from. It is strange that tyrion didn't tell dany about theon.

I'm gonna call it a mistake made by d & d.

2 minutes ago, brightflame princess said:

I'm gonna call it a mistake made by d & d.

Agreed. Sometimes it feels as though D&D have short memories when it comes to continuity -- ie. Varys supporting the assassination of Dany in the first season.

13 minutes ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

Agreed. Sometimes it feels as though D&D have short memories when it comes to continuity -- ie. Varys supporting the assassination of Dany in the first season.

I think that varys had to pretend so that he seemed like he supported the crown, in that particular situation. Or am I missing something? 

17 minutes ago, brightflame princess said:

I think that varys had to pretend so that he seemed like he supported the crown, in that particular situation. Or am I missing something? 

Good point -- he could have. If so, it could have been made clearer / referenced at all when he pledged his allegience to Dany, and I don't recall that it was? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's the total ignorning of the giant elephant in the room that makes it strange for me.

In terms of Varys' allegience in the books, I can't say. I'm only on ASoS!

1 hour ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

Good point -- he could have. If so, it could have been made clearer / referenced at all when he pledged his allegience to Dany, and I don't recall that it was? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's the total ignorning of the giant elephant in the room that makes it strange for me.

I hope I didn't spoil anything for you.

2 hours ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

Tyrion vouches for all the eunuchs in the show. He even has an obsession with making grey Worm laugh.

7 hours ago, Sophie of House Stark said:

The only time Varys and Daenerys have been together on screen in the entire series was when they were on deck of the ship in the closing scene of the season 6 finale.

They literally haven't spoken to one another onscreen at all.

The direwolves have had more screentime in season 6 than Varys and Daenerys have had together.

We don't know how or if Varys explained things to Daenerys.

11 hours ago, KingInTheBay said:

This is interesting. As the former LC, no matter Jon's personal feelings, he would probably let Theon take the black in redemption, especially considering how they need men. Theon with DelorusEdd when the walkers hit the wall would be a good plot twist. Theon needs to do something on his own to redeem himself, ferrying troops for his sister and Dany only goes so far.

This is likely to me.

If you think back on his almost second-guessing himself during the execution of Ser Allister and the mutineers, and then sending Melisandre away instead of killing her, this might reflect back on Jon's knowledge that after life there is nothing.

It would probably temper someone to know that there is nothing after that sword falls, unlike what all of them have been taught by various religions, and that knowledge might give more weight to the sentence he would have to carry out himself as Ned taught him.

40 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

The only time Varys and Daenerys have been together on screen in the entire series was when they were on deck of the ship in the closing scene of the season 6 finale.

They literally haven't spoken to one another onscreen at all.

The direwolves have had more screentime in season 6 than Varys and Daenerys have had together.

We don't know how or if Varys explained things to Daenerys.

Varys pattered forward, his slippered feet sounding like the breaths of babies in the night as he glided over to the woman he attempted to kill on several occasions.

"The wonderous Script says I'm on your side now Mother of CGI Budgets." he whispered, his perfumed body prostrating itself in an odd bow.

"Fire and Blood. Dragons. Fifteen Titles. DRA-CARYS." she replied.

"I thought as much." he replied.

DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUNNA NA

- Credits-

Archived