The Mad Queen

dsug

Now that the Mad Queen has been unleashed, I wanted to talk about her downward spiral into insanity and our predictions of where this will lead her. 

Cersei said that the only thing that gave her any sense of goodness was her children. "Maybe I'm not a monster..." was her exact words. After Tommen turned against her, her heart and her mind were broken. By enacting such bloody revenge, then using her son's suicide as an excuse to claim the throne for her own, shows a new side of her. I saw 610 as essentially Cersei saying "fuck it, I am a monster." 

And now that the monsters been let out of its cage, what do we think it will do? I expect a short but scandalous reign of terror, plagued by executions, rebellions, and corruption. 

Thoughts?

One thing that is true about Cersei is she loved her children as Jaime said in season six she would do anything for her children even kill. Now that they are gone, I imagine Cersei doesn't have anything to lose except maybe perhaps Jaime although I am no sure what her feelings are for him. I really don't know what Cersei's intentions are she is definitely starting to fit into the role of the villain in the series if there is such thing. I'm wondering what Jaime will do? Will he stay by her side or is it going to turn another situation with the Mad King?

I want her to publicly (and officially) blame the explosion on the Sept and the murder of Pycelle on the Tyrells, to say that they wanted to get rid of the High Sparrow for what he did to Loras, but they miscalculated and got blown up too. And Pycelle knew about the plan, so they got rid of him. And she brands Olenna a traitor and a fugitive. 

And she names Randyll Tarly her Master of Laws and promises Highgarden to him if he delivers her Olenna's head on a platter. 

15 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

I want her to publicly (and officially) blame the explosion on the Sept and the murder of Pycelle on the Tyrells, to say that they wanted to get rid of the High Sparrow for what he did to Loras, but they miscalculated and got blown up too. And Pycelle knew about the plan, so they got rid of him. And she brands Olenna a traitor and a fugitive. 

And she names Randyll Tarly her Master of Laws and promises Highgarden to him if he delivers her Olenna's head on a platter. 

I could totally see her doing that.

2 minutes ago, illinifan said:

She totally allies with Euron Greyjoy.

It's a possible. It would make sense for Theon and Yara already beat him to Dany. Might as well join the competition.

• Now that Cersei has been unleashed as the Mad Queen who is possibly going to try to burn down KL with the Targaryens at the gates and Jaime with her, I hope this shuts down the Mad Queen Dany theories and speculations. Dany is going to take down the mad queen, not become one.
  • I think we can safely say that Dany is now the younger, more beautiful Queen that casts down Cersei
  • Since Tyrion is on his way, it can be either Jaime or Tyrion who will take her life
  • Currently Dany is too OP. Even with Euron, there is no way Cersei/Euron can stand against Dany. I think the battle of Queens will be over before the first half of season 7 (Only 7 episodes) and Dany will then turn her focus towards the breakaway kingdom of the North.
  • Cersei and possibly Jaime are gone by episode 4 or 5.

The way Lena and the writers and even the costume designer have been describing Cersei's mindset in season seven, they make it seem like she's only interested in power and will never again do something she doesn't want to. With that logic, she would sooner die than marry Euron Greyjoy, IMO. Cersei hated being married for the first time, but it was out of her control. She was adamant about not marrying Loras. I doubt she's gonna change her stance for Euron, whose essentially Robert 2.0. 

I think Cersei's so called love for her children is overstated. There was an attachment there, but she was never truly interested in them so much as using them as a mechanism to obtain power and influence. Not letting Tommen attend the small council meetings to learn to rule, deliberately sabotaging his relationship with Margaery despite how happy it made him, she was always interested in power. The only thing that's really changed is she's being open about it now.

10 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I think Cersei's so called love for her children is overstated. There was an attachment there, but she was never truly interested in them so much as using them as a mechanism to obtain power and influence. Not letting Tommen attend the small council meetings to learn to rule, deliberately sabotaging his relationship with Margaery despite how happy it made him, she was always interested in power. The only thing that's really changed is she's being open about it now.

Yeah I agree with every word of this. She loves the idea of having children, she loves the thought of having someone of her own, she loves the thought of having a better claim to the Throne that way. She doesn't like being disobeyed, ignored, and betrayed. Which is exactly what her children did to her. 

10 hours ago, Wilnova said:
  • Now that Cersei has been unleashed as the Mad Queen who is possibly going to try to burn down KL with the Targaryens at the gates and Jaime with her, I hope this shuts down the Mad Queen Dany theories and speculations. Dany is going to take down the mad queen, not become one.
  • I think we can safely say that Dany is now the younger, more beautiful Queen that casts down Cersei
  • Since Tyrion is on his way, it can be either Jaime or Tyrion who will take her life
  • Currently Dany is too OP. Even with Euron, there is no way Cersei/Euron can stand against Dany. I think the battle of Queens will be over before the first half of season 7 (Only 7 episodes) and Dany will then turn her focus towards the breakaway kingdom of the North.
  • Cersei and possibly Jaime are gone by episode 4 or 5.

I agree she's now most likely (certainly it wasn't Margaery, since she had nothing to do with Myrcella's death or taking Dany's life or the throne).  However, there's an outside chance it's Brienne (the beauty) in an ironic twist.  Maggy's words were "Aye, Queen you will be.  Until another... younger and more beautiful... comes and takes all you hold dear."  The younger and more beautiful person doesn't have to be a queen. 

Possibility 1:  Jaime abandons Cersei and returns to CR with some or all of the Lannister Army.  He waits there to see what happens next (like Tywin).  Dany and Tyrion arrive at CR to "negotiate" and seeing how unstoppable the force is, he allies with them with the promise of Cersei's life being spared.  Big show down happens and Jaime or Tyrion kills Cersei to prevent wildfire.  Dany is the younger queen who strips Cersei of her power and "takes" Jaime('s loyalty) from her.  

Possibility 2: Jaime abandons Cersei but leaves alone into the Riverlands, in search of Brienne.  He decides he's going to go North and fulfill his vows to Catelyn, given he no longer feels any Duty to Cersei.  He either burns a letter Cersei sends like in the books OR sends one himself that fulfills the prophecy (Jaime has been taken from Cersei by Brienne).  I'm not sure how/when Cersei dies or who kills her in this case. 

Possibility 3: Jaime decides he's going to try to "save" Cersei from herself (not to mention the people) and remains in King's Landing.  Lots of arguing and cajoling and fighting between them as Jaime disagrees vocally with everything she does (since she no longer gives any fucks about putting on a good face for him like she did in S6).  Euron may be involved.  More and more disillusionment.  When Tyrion and Dany arrive and she's about to burn the city, he turns on her and kills her because the echos of Aerys are too much.  Jaime is the Valonquar, Dany is the younger queen.  

Or some combination of these.  I think that Cersei will die in the last or 2nd to last episode of Season 7. They can drag it out pretty well, especially with the Northern storyline running in parallel and whatever's going on in the Riverlands.  

14 hours ago, illinifan said:

The White Walkers are boring as villains so the show needs to stretch out the political conflict to the very end.

Yeah, I always thought the political intrigue of the Seven Kingdoms was far more interesting than all the supernatural elements of the story.

37 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Yeah, I always thought the political intrigue of the Seven Kingdoms was far more interesting than all the supernatural elements of the story.

Totally agree.  Someone like Cersei is an interesting villain.  The Night's King isn't.

19 hours ago, illinifan said:

The White Walkers are boring as villains so the show needs to stretch out the political conflict to the very end.

I don't  agree with that

Two of the best episodes of the entire series were about the White Walkers and the Night King

( Hardhome and The Door )

Im not even sure I would call the White Walkers villains 

I actually like how D&D explains it

" I don’t think of the Night King as a villain as much as, Death. He is not like Joffrey, or Ramsey. He’s not really human anymore. To me, evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn’t have a choice; he was created that way, and that’s what he is. In some ways, he’s just death, coming for everyone in the story, coming for all of us.

20 hours ago, illinifan said:

YES. I hate zombies, they're like a natural disaster movie to me - just an unrelenting force of nature that acts predictably. I just don't get the whole allure of zombies, they're not scary at all. I'd much prefer if Euron or Cersei becomes the centerpiece villain some how, but probably won't happen since they've been inching towards this epic battle between the dead and living since the first episode.

While I think an alliance between Cersei and Euron is possible, I doubt a marriage would ever happen. Cersei is in complete control of her life now. Tywin isn't there to force her to do anything.  Cersei will never marry again. 

I think she may allow him to attack Daenerys, refusing to act against him. 

Archived