To Hell With you 2016!!!

drawkcabi

Fuck 2016, and here's why:

City of Cleveland ends their sports curse

The Cubs winning it all

Wasn't able to travel to LA

The Election 

Me and my mother had a vehicle quit on us the same day we bought it, after travelling over two hours to get to it

Phife Dawg, Muhammad Ali, Prince, Chyna, Tommy Ford, Buddy Ryan, and Gene Wilder all passed away

My weight gain

2010 was a totally shit year for me; extended family member died of suicide, I lost a job I worked at for 10 years to due to Republican lovely 'right to work' and 'work at will' laws.  At the end of that year I spent alot of time thinking how much I hated that fucking year and couldn't wait for the fucking thing to end.

2016 isn't that bad personally, I think 2017 has the potential to be worse with the raging Trumpster fire in the White House.  But 2016 hasn't been the greatest year either and not just politically. 

Not ready for the coming shit storm, and yeah I think there will be one.  

Goddamn it.   :angry2:

Lesse, apart from the existential angst over Brexit (as I have a child with dual citizenship, one of which is British) and the election of Orange Goebbels, this shit:

*I've had a complete falling out with my sister and father, to the point where I got into a fight, physically, with my sister

*My dad got cancer

*I separated from my SO and am getting divorced, this has been occasionally very ugly

*Turns out my SO has also nearly bankrupted me so I am not just a single mother of two now, I am a broke as fuck single mother of two

*Work stress has me sent to the work health care provider with early signs of burn out (which would be the third time in my life for this)

*I have got my ulcer back, and just got diagnosed with high blood pressure, potentially stress related

*My favourite band is quitting in december, after some 25 odd years, saw them for the first time in -95 and now it is ending

*Leonard Cohen just died, whose musical poetry has acted as a guiding light through all the dark times of my life

45 minutes ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Lesse, apart from the existential angst over Brexit (as I have a child with dual citizenship, one of which is British) and the election of Orange Goebbels, this shit:

*I've had a complete falling out with my sister and father, to the point where I got into a fight, physically, with my sister

*My dad got cancer

*I separated from my SO and am getting divorced, this has been occasionally very ugly

*Turns out my SO has also nearly bankrupted me so I am not just a single mother of two now, I am a broke as fuck single mother of two

*Work stress has me sent to the work health care provider with early signs of burn out (which would be the third time in my life for this)

*I have got my ulcer back, and just got diagnosed with high blood pressure, potentially stress related

*My favourite band is quitting in december, after some 25 odd years, saw them for the first time in -95 and now it is ending

*Leonard Cohen just died, whose musical poetry has acted as a guiding light through all the dark times of my life

Lyanna,

I am so sorry.  I really hope things turn around for you. :(

20 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Lyanna,

I am so sorry.  I really hope things turn around for you. :(

Thank you. So do I, although it is looking a bit iffy at the moment. At least I lost weight, which has to count for something, right, right?

...i remember going to Vietnam in 1969...that was a pretty shitty yr as was the next 2.5 yrs i spent there...a lot of death and destruction...yeah 1969-1972 were really really shitty...but that was war and war is by nature shitty...so what did i expect

i feel the same about natural disasters...bad yes, horrific yes...a lot of death and destruction...

but...

this year and really beginning last yr, i have witnessed the further de-evolution of civility, the complete break down of simple courtesy, i get that politics is often ugly but my little Karate Princess just got reprimanded at school yesterday because she defended herself (with a couple of perfectly executed round kicks) against a group of boys who decided to "pull a trump"...yes that is what they called it...which meant they roved around the school trying to grab girls by what ever presented itself, crotch, ass, or breasts...now interestingly for the lead boy (a popular kid) who took the brunt of her unflinching desire to protect herself (which i encourage) he has learned not all women will "let you do what you want if you are a star"...yeah that was a capper to what has been a really shitty time

...also one of my nieces got breast cancer and had to have a bi-lateral mastectomy

...my best friend's cancer has returned in spades and i am hoping the weekly 8 hr sessions of chemo actually have some effect

...another friend of 25 plus yrs started smoking fake weed, and promptly went crazy...literally

...the 5 anni of my second best dog ever dying

...the 7 anni of my best dog ever dying

...the 6 anni of my Beloved Mother's death... yeah 2010 really really sucked...luckily i was shit-faced drunk most of the time and don't remember as much as some

...oh yeah,  i turned 65...something that i thought was no big deal...but now i find myself wondering if all the shit i thought i would do will get done...

yeah 2016, fuck you...i picked a hell of a year to give up drinking...

:smoking:

33 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

d really beginning last yr, i have witnessed the further de-evolution of civility, the complete break down of simple courtesy, i get that politics is often ugly but my little Karate Princess just got reprimanded at school yesterday because she defended herself (with a couple of perfectly executed round kicks) against a group of boys who decided to "pull a trump"...yes that is what they called it...which meant they roved around the school trying to grab girls by what ever presented itself, crotch, ass, or breasts...now interestingly for the lead boy (a popular kid) who took the brunt of her unflinching desire to protect herself (which i encourage) he has learned not all women will "let you do what you want if you are a star"...yeah that was a capper to what has been a really shitty time

OMG I hope she is safe and WTF did she get reprimanded for?? A girl defending herself against a gaggle of boys need to be reprimanded for fighting back??? What is the world coming to? :box::angry:

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

Rocksniffer, tell your niece to wear the reprimand proudly. 

Lyanna, I hope things get better for you soon. Stay strong.

This goes for me too. Lyanna and Rocksniffer :grouphug:

I'm afraid to list all the personal shit going wrong for me this year for fear of tempting fate to pile more on. I'm not normally this superstitious but this year has me spooked. I'll just say there's been much frustration, much worrying and much, much, much heartache.

4 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Thank you. So do I, although it is looking a bit iffy at the moment. At least I lost weight, which has to count for something, right, right?

I lose my appetite when I'm stressed out too.  It sucks.  I wish there were something I could do to help.  

6 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

OMG I hope she is safe and WTF did she get reprimanded for?? A girl defending herself against a gaggle of boys need to be reprimanded for fighting back??? What is the world coming to? :box::angry:

reprimand for fighting required by district...bullshit , i know but it is what it is...i bought her a double chocolate sundae from the dairy bar ;)

5 hours ago, maarsen said:

Rocksniffer, tell your niece to wear the reprimand proudly. 

Lyanna, I hope things get better for you soon. Stay strong.

in fact today she played first chair flute at vet-day concert at her school...and she got a standing ovation for her solo...fuck those punks they can't break her spirit...

to everyone else... we can win, if we don't forget to fight... :commie:

21 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

*My dad got cancer

:(

I so earnestly hope that things improve for you and your family.

On 11/11/2016 at 0:38 PM, Lyanna Stark said:

*My dad got cancer

:grouphug: I'm so sorry.

On 12/11/2016 at 1:38 AM, Lyanna Stark said:

*My dad got cancer

My deepest sympathies.

17 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Haha. I just finished watching the end of John Oliver's last show for the year, and all it consisted of was people saying "F*** 2016" and flipping off the camera.  Seemed relevant to this thread for some reason. 

and here is the link i laughed til i hurt...

Archived