To Hell With you 2016!!!

drawkcabi

It's been a great year in terms of re-establishment of the spirit of Western anti-globalist democracy. There were the triumphs of Brexit and the recent election. It's been an abomibable year in terms of constant Far Left intolerance and violence and Islamic terrorism. And it's been a terrible year for music, with both Bowie and Prince dying among others, and a host of other beloved celebrities. It's been a bad year all round, except for the first two things mentioned in my post, so it's at least been a year that hasn't had non stop disastrous news.

50 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Intolerance of intolerance is not "intolerance" as far as I'm concerned.  

It's funny how this gets pushed by people who make fun of 'safe spaces', but feel that their bigotry needs to be tolerated otherwise their feelings might get hurt.

2016 you need to bite me......i men really fuck you 2016....................

i am struggling with our new president ...i shall not accept normalization of the crazy shit...steve bannon is the clue...

:smoking:

14 hours ago, The Killer Snark said:

It's been a great year in terms of re-establishment of the spirit of Western anti-globalist democracy. There were the triumphs of Brexit and the recent election. It's been an abomibable year in terms of constant Far Left intolerance and violence and Islamic terrorism. And it's been a terrible year for music, with both Bowie and Prince dying among others, and a host of other beloved celebrities. It's been a bad year all round, except for the first two things mentioned in my post, so it's at least been a year that hasn't had non stop disastrous news.

I also thought it good, and I think all feminists will agree, to see GB under a matriarchy again, this time of Theresa May and Queen Elizabeth.

The anti-democracy riots seen recently in the US have been troubling.

23 minutes ago, Squab said:

The anti-democracy riots seen recently in the US have been troubling.

Protesting against Trump for being utter scum isn't protesting democracy. Not least because Trump's election owes itself to the decidedly undemocratic Electoral College, not the popular will.

2 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Protesting against Trump for being utter scum isn't protesting democracy. Not least because Trump's election owes itself to the decidedly undemocratic Electoral College, not the popular will.

*Rioting

The constitution is undemocratic now?

Wow, just wow.

13 hours ago, Squab said:

I also thought it good, and I think all feminists will agree, to see GB under a matriarchy again, this time of Theresa May and Queen Elizabeth.

I'm not sure that anyone who believes in strong independent women should be pleased about Theresa May: she bends over for her backbenchers, the far right, and anyone considering investing in the UK!

12 hours ago, Squab said:

*Rioting

The constitution is undemocratic now?

Wow, just wow.

Um...yes it is. There is no way you can say that any system that allows the popular vote to go unrecognised is democratic. The College worked well when the US was smaller and the franchise was restricted, but not so much nowadays.

I recommend this video: it does a good job of explaining the shortcomings of the College.

The Constitution isn't infallible: there's a reason it has dozens of Amendments.

3 hours ago, Maester of Valyria said:

I'm not sure that anyone who believes in strong independent women should be pleased about Theresa May: she bends over for her backbenchers, the far right, and anyone considering investing in the UK!

She deserves support rather than sexual innuendo.

On 11/9/2016 at 2:32 PM, Denvek said:

Are there any Cubs fans here? Would you trade the World Series for a different Election result?

On 11/9/2016 at 2:53 PM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

That's perhaps the cruelest, most sadistic "would you" scenario I've ever heard, you sick bastard!

Reveal hidden contents

And that's saying a lot because I've played this game with Irishmen and Serbs.

Haha. I asked @Jaxom 1974 a similar question right before game 7 (He's a huge Cubs fan). The hypothetical was the Cubs win and Trump wins or vice versa. He chose poorly. So if anyone wants to irrationally blame someone for last week's outcome, blame Jax.

You Jaxomed the nation, bro!

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Haha. I asked @Jaxom 1974 a similar question right before game 7 (He's a huge Cubs fan). The hypothetical was the Cubs win and Trump wins or vice versa. He chose poorly. So if anyone wants to irrationally blame someone for last week's outcome, blame Jax.

You Jaxomed the nation, bro!

Shit. Was I drunk? I don't remember the specifics.  But NOW I'd be willing to wait until next year for the Cubs to win it all for a different election result.  The only good thing in 2016 and it's tarnished as all get out because of the election.

4 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Shit. Was I drunk? I don't remember the specifics.  But NOW I'd be willing to wait until next year for the Cubs to win it all for a different election result.  The only good thing in 2016 and it's tarnished as all get out because of the election.

I was wrong, it was at the start of the WS:

On 10/25/2016 at 0:51 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Time for your Sophie's Choice: Would you rather have the Cubs win the World Series and Trump win the election, or would you rather see the Cubs get humiliated in the most Cubs way possible and see Trump lose by double digits? 

On 10/25/2016 at 2:33 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Oh Cubs. If Trump wins, the world with either end rather quickly or he'll be impeached and out of office before the Cubs have a chance to win the 2017 Series...

You Jaxomed the world!

19 hours ago, Squab said:

She deserves support rather than sexual innuendo.

Fair enough: I probably shouldn't have expressed myself in those terms. However the fact remains that May doesn't have any sort of plan, beyond 'Brexit means Brexit' and paying off companies so they'll stay in the UK.

Archived