To Hell With you 2016!!!

drawkcabi

You know, back when I was a kid my dad had a tradition every New Year's. At midnight he'd take his gun and shoot into the air. He said he was shooting the old year as it went it out.

I never liked that tradition, but this year I agree with the sentiment.

Just now, drawkcabi said:

You know, back when I was a kid my dad had a tradition every New Year's. At midnight he'd take his gun and shoot into the air. He said he was shooting the old year as it went it out.

I never liked that tradition, but this year I agree with the sentiment.

Careful, this year you'd probably hit a helicopter, which in turn would crash into your neighbourhood.

For over half the year I slept more than 6 hours a night only about 20 times, threw up several times and came close to it about twice a week on average, and under-ate everyday. Even before those six months 2016 wasn't the funnest year, but the rewards of all those sacrifices will be worth it I am sure, and I'm proud of what I've earned.

This year was awesome, I was healthy, had so much done and succeed in wide variety of things. Also bunch of statistics show it was better than 2015 for people that aren't me in number of things (this needs a mention for me not to come across as selfish prick).

And I don't care that bunch of Americans voted for a guy other bunch of Americans think unbecoming, all the Trump opponents should really show some patience and wait for him to actually do something simultaneously major and bad before making a fuss (yeah, it will be too late, but it is too late now, so not much to gain by fretting), and if he is half as bad as people here represent him, 2016 will look positively magnificent compared to the next couple of years.

Btw OP, I understand the US-centric angle and I know US history pretty well, and years you listed aren't really consistent, it's either really horrible year or year that can't be even compared to the horrible ones (and others are not mentioned), 1929 but no 2008, 1914 but no 1915, 1916 which were far worse, not to mention 1917 which saw Americans dying in WWI and communists taking Russia. Nah, forget it, it's your opinion, whatever rocks your boat.

2016 is also the year I had to decide to take away my dad's driver's license.

It just got increasingly dangerous with him driving, he can't turn his neck and he can't hear, he constantly complains of blurred vision, and he couldn't stay in one lane on the highway.

My dad still every few days will ask if we can go drive somewhere and I have to tell him no and listen to him complain about how he's now in prison and he never agreed with the decision to retire his license.

Traveling anywhere has become a much more difficult thing to do, not only my dad but I feel a loss of independence because I never got a driver's license to begin with. It's a miserable thing to have to do, but it had to be done.

Hugs, Drawk!

Myself, I decided to end the year by chopping myself in the leg with an axe and spending some five hours at the hospital while they stitched me back together. Just to make sure I, too, got some personal shittyness out of 2016. Now I can't walk for I don't know how long. Oh well.

Here's a video to sum it all up:

39 minutes ago, Erik of Hazelfield said:

Hugs, Drawk!

Myself, I decided to end the year by chopping myself in the leg with an axe and spending some five hours at the hospital while they stitched me back together. Just to make sure I, too, got some personal shittyness out of 2016. Now I can't walk for I don't know how long. Oh well.

Here's a video to sum it all up:

and that video doesn't even sum up half of it

Hope you heal quickly and strongly Erik! So sorry to hear about that.

About half the world is in 2017 now, just need to hold on a few hours more.

It's not that I have great hope for 2017, but 2016 just started off rotten and has been shit the whole time, just need to get away from it.

The worst year by far. I became horribly sick in February and ended up dealing with a messed up gut/stomach until August, coupled with nerve irritation manifesting from exhaustion across the last 5-6 years. The nerve stuff (heat in the hands and soles) hasn't totally cleared up, though Chinese herbs have been slowly whittling it down to something managable and gradually (very, very gradually) better. I've had to give up most sugar/junk food/alcohol in the process.

Trump, less said the better.

My 2nd child was born this year. He had craniosynostosis--the skull plates were fused in the back--and required major surgery. Luckily it has no impact on the brain development and seems to have recovered nicely, though he still has to wear a helmet for the next 6-12 months to ensure normal head development. 

This is a humorous look back at 2016.

Yes, we’ve seen some weird years. But we’ve never seen one as weird as 2016. This was the Al Yankovic of years. If years were movies, 2016 would be “Plan 9 From Outer Space.” If years were relatives, 2016 would be the uncle who shows up at your Thanksgiving dinner wearing his underpants on the outside.

Archived