How much of the success of the show do you contribute to Benioff and Weiss

Godbreaker

They fucked up so much in the last two seasons, but before that, especially during seasons 1-3, they did a pretty good job. So I'm torn, but they were definitely not the deciding factor. With that kind of budget, advertising, and the book plot to back it, it would have been hudge no matter what. Seasons 5 and 6 show how well they do when they have to create their own storylines, and what we get is for the most part unimaginative, contradictionary, and sometimes just plain dumb. 

On 10/29/2016 at 4:14 AM, John Doe said:

They fucked up so much in the last two seasons, but before that, especially during seasons 1-3, they did a pretty good job. So I'm torn, but they were definitely not the deciding factor. With that kind of budget, advertising, and the book plot to back it, it would have been hudge no matter what. Seasons 5 and 6 show how well they do when they have to create their own storylines, and what we get is for the most part unimaginative, contradictionary, and sometimes just plain dumb. 

Yeah. They are definitely good at adapting what is in the books as the first three seasons are good. They are good enough to bring millions of viewers and got people interested in such a complex story. But problems started when they started cutting and streamlining stuff and made up their own storylines to fill the gaps. It sucks that these made up storylines are your usual TV garbage that doesn't match the quality of the story. This makes me think they are lazy writers who care more about the TV worthiness that will bring them more money rather than giving a quality story. Result is unnecessary shocking clifhangers and fan service in the later seasons. 

Like it or not, without them convincing GRRM to buy/purchase the rights and they producing the show, there would be no show. They deserve credit for this show and frankly, I saw the first episode, then I read the books, never would have without the show so I owe them some gratitude for that. However, as the show goes, the also get credit for the good and the bad and controversial which can be reviewed as both.

Archived