Did or WOULD Sansa Partake of the Moon Tea???

Iron Mother

Many here have jumped on me for the suggestion Sansa was pregnant with baby Ramsay.  When he was locked up with the dogs he said "you can't kill me I'M PART OF YOU NOW".  Saying that was proverbial or figurative, I don't buy it.  I won't go into it further, but would Sansa brew her moon tea to be rid of Ramsay once and for all?  I have issues with it.  Sansa is merciful and religious... and traditional.  And her brother Jon was a bastard as well.  I could see her raising the child while killing Ramsay also.  Raising it as her own with nothing to do with him.

To me, in her viewpoint, tho, bearing the child might (in the eyes of others) somehow rebirth the House of Ramsay since she was his wife.  So to character Sansa, that might be justification.

Then her "your House will disappear" and all that.  And saying to Jon if they lose she is not going back there alive. 

Do you think Sansa would morally abort the pregnancy?  I'm not even going to get into whether or not she was pregnant.  Would she do it?  How do you see Sansa's values concerning that?

The Sansa pregnancy thing rumors are just slightly less silly than Meera is Jon's sister speculation.  

But yes if she was pregnant, I believe Sansa would have an abortion to be rid of the child.  She is a steely eyed pragmatist who told Jon to leave Rickon for dead.  The child would complicate things politically for her and for Jon.

I don't think Sansa was ever pregnant. There has never really been any indication of it, no hint of her flirting with the idea of using Moon Tea.

As far as Sansa being a religious person, she has said on two different occasions that she is not: in the Godswood in Kings Landing (when Tyrion interrupted her) and to Little Finger in Winterfell. That being said, I don't think Sansa would take Moon Tea. Maybe when she was still in King's Landing, as a young girl, but not at this point in her life. And especially since she is now considered Lady of Winterfell and needs an heir.

Jon is living proof that Stark blood runs through his veins even though he has a non-Stark father and is presumed to be a bastard. Even though Sansa' potential child would not have a Stark father, the child would still be Sansa's blood. As a younger girl she may not have considered that, but now I think she would.

Sansa's child would be a fresh heir to what was an extinct house and a constant reminder of the father who tortured her. The northern lords would want it dead, they'd look at her as scum for birthing and raising it. It also would not be heir to Winterfell. It would be a Bolton, not a Stark. No one in the north would ever let that spawn inherit anything.

Not a chance in hell she'd keep it.

Getting rid of a baby by moon tea would be a small thing compared to feeding a person alive to a pack of dogs. I don't doubt for a moment she would get rid of the child if she was pregnant, but given the material we were presented she doesn't seem to be.

I just think it weirder (more weird?) that according to Sansa on screen, she tells Theon that Ramsay raped her every night. If you follow the timeline of that particular arc, from when Lady Walda announces she is pregnant to when Sansa escapes, it has been about 7-8ish months.

So every night, or even just 4 times a week for seven months is at least 112 chances to get pregnant. And we know Ramsay wants that heir to solidify his place because of, 1. the way the society works and his own experience, and 2. Myranda tells this to Sansa.

I feel like Sansa, at this point of the story, would absolutely be willing to brew and drink Moon Tea. Throughout the series, we've seen her character slowly, but surely, degrade and mold to the Game. I think that at this point, she'd do anything in order to survive and keep her family safe, and if that included eradicating the last signs of House Bolton, she'd be very willing to brew and drink Moon Tea. Not only would the child be dangerous when older, as it seems all Boltons have a demented gene, but if he did grow to inherit that gene, then learn of what his mother, Sansa, did to his/her father, the situation would not turn out very well.

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I just think it weirder (more weird?) that according to Sansa on screen, she tells Theon that Ramsay raped her every night. If you follow the timeline of that particular arc, from when Lady Walda announces she is pregnant to when Sansa escapes, it has been about 7-8ish months.

So every night, or even just 4 times a week for seven months is at least 112 chances to get pregnant. And we know Ramsay wants that heir to solidify his place because of, 1. the way the society works and his own experience, and 2. Myranda tells this to Sansa.

Plenty of people don't get pregnant within 7-8 months. And the physical trauma might make it harder (but def not impossible or anything). Stress plays an important role on conception.

I also think 7-8 months is a bit long. We don't know how far along Walda was when there was an announcement. In modern times people usually wait until second trimester to talk about it. Dunno how it works in westeros. Also the announcement happens before the wedding. There could be weeks or months in between the announcement and the wedding. And the baby could come a couple weeks early. And the baby isn't born until after Sansa leaves  and against it's not really clear how much time has passed since she left. It doesn't seem like a lot of time, but enough time for them to assume she's out of their reach and likely head for CB. If you make the right reasonable assumptions you can get the timeframe down to 2-3 months, but even just most likely assumptions is more like 4-5.

But really the shows timeline is just nebulous and non-linear. You can't really go by it. Otherwise things like Bran traveling to the cave take like 2 years.

8 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Plenty of people don't get pregnant within 7-8 months. And the physical trauma might make it harder (but def not impossible or anything). Stress plays an important role on conception.

I also think 7-8 months is a bit long. We don't know how far along Walda was when there was an announcement. In modern times people usually wait until second trimester to talk about it. Dunno how it works in westeros. Also the announcement happens before the wedding. There could be weeks or months in between the announcement and the wedding. And the baby could come a couple weeks early. And the baby isn't born until after Sansa leaves  and against it's not really clear how much time has passed since she left. It doesn't seem like a lot of time, but enough time for them to assume she's out of their reach and likely head for CB. If you make the right reasonable assumptions you can get the timeframe down to 2-3 months, but even just most likely assumptions is more like 4-5.

But really the shows timeline is just nebulous and non-linear. You can't really go by it. Otherwise things like Bran traveling to the cave take like 2 years.

I felt it was more like 1-2 months tops

3 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

I agree the show timeline is crazy messed up, that is why I was just going by Sansa's timeline. Different arcs don't line up, but time should line up within its own arc.

Do you really, really think that Roose, or really Ramsay and Littlefinger, are going to wait weeks or months to marry the key to the north? That would be illogical and silly. They didn't even plan a wedding with guests. This was a business transaction for the Boltons to hold the north. The focus was to get the job done. 

Walda's baby did not come early. Between the maester and Walda, it would have been mentioned.  Ramsay would have even made a stupid "early present" joke about it  if that happened. 

I could see maybe as few as 5 months. But that is still about 80 chances for a young, healthy, well fed, flowered girl to conceive. 

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

There are no indications that anyone would pass judgement on a rape victim taking moon tea in Westeros.

@The Fattest Leech, she was swapped for Jeyne, and yet she is not Jeyne... makey no sense anyway...

Totally. None of it makes sense. Not the timeline, or initial reasoning or the 180 personality flips.

I was wrong to expect some sort of reality in the show. My bad :bang:

3 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I agree the show timeline is crazy messed up, that is why I was just going by Sansa's timeline. Different arcs don't line up, but time should line up within its own arc.

Do you really, really think that Roose, or really Ramsay and Littlefinger, are going to wait weeks or months to marry the key to the north? That would be illogical and silly. They didn't even plan a wedding with guests. This was a business transaction for the Boltons to hold the north. The focus was to get the job done. 

Walda's baby did not come early. Between the maester and Walda, it would have been mentioned.  Ramsay would have even made a stupid "early present" joke about it  if that happened. 

I could see maybe as few as 5 months. But that is still about 80 chances for a young, healthy, well fed, flowered girl to conceive. 

Put that way, Sansa was probably drinking the stuff by the gallon.

3 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Put that way, Sansa was probably drinking the stuff by the gallon.

I'd hope she would I.V. It into herself if need be. However, Do you think Ramsay would allow a Measter to even have those ingredients around his key to the north? Hahha. No way. 

And I don't know if that Measter would even be brave enough to try. 

For the record, I don't think tvSansa was ever pregnant for a few reasons. 

It is difficult to comment this kind of stuff in the show, there is no internal consistence and clear timeline anymore. In Season 5, Sansa was raped during months and was locked in the bedroom, the only possible way she had some access to moon tea was the servant, but if it happened the writers didn't bothered to show us.

After her escape to the battle it passed months, but we can't say it was time enough (nine mounts at least) to say that she would be giving birth to a kid and exclude the possibility of a pregnancy. Walda was pregnant in S5 and gave birth in S6, but it also doesn't gave us a precise estimation, the birth could be rushed by the show-runners just to show Ramsay feeding the dogs with his baby brother in the middle of the season. Or Sansa happens to have the longest pregnancy a woman ever had. I would not be surprised if in the beginning of season 7 it is reveled Sansa is actually pregnant, for the sack of the shock value.

28 minutes ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

It is difficult to comment this kind of stuff in the show, there is no internal consistence and clear timeline anymore. In Season 5, Sansa was raped during months and was locked in the bedroom, the only possible way she had some access to moon tea was the servant, but if it happened the writers didn't bothered to show us.

After her escape to the battle it passed months, but we can't say it was time enough (nine mounts at least) to say that she would be giving birth to a kid and exclude the possibility of a pregnancy. Walda was pregnant in S5 and gave birth in S6, but it also doesn't gave us a precise estimation, the birth could be rushed by the show-runners just to show Ramsay feeding the dogs with his baby brother in the middle of the season. Or Sansa happens to have the longest pregnancy a woman ever had. I would not be surprised if in the beginning of season 7 it is reveled Sansa is actually pregnant, for the sack of the shock value.

mmmmm i don;t think the show would revisit that.  But it WOULD be a good plot line for Sandra coming up.  But as others say, the timeline is too frakked.  She would have had it already.  Unless Ramsay was the Bastard of Bolton Blanks (thank god).  Something tells me he was using her in ways the could never result in pregnancy also.  But yes he would be jumping quick to get a baby in her and legitimize/further his House.

8 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I'm no slim chicken myself, but that jape from Ramsay about "how would you KNOW if she was pregnant" she is a large woman and maybe they just really didn't know until very late. And the poor woman didn't seem too bright to know the signs.  But I'm not making that case at all for reality.

As Leech said, discussion over the overlap between books and show belongs in the SHOW forum.  The opposite is blatantly against forum rules, hence the warning point.  

Given the lack of any reference to moon tea in the show, I don't think it will be an issue.  Given the time passage, Sansa should not be pregnant in any way, shape, or form. However, given their complete disregard for timeline issues, who the f*** knows.  In the only universe with moon tea (books), there isn't any (evidence of) attached stigma with abortion like we have in real universe, so if they decided to pull it out of their ass and make her pregnant, I don't see why she would have any hang ups about it.

Archived