Did Cercei Cause The Maagy Prophecy With Her Owwn Plots?

Iron Mother

Yes its a classic self fulfilling prophecy..

She views tyrion as a threat but it will be Jamie.

She viwed sansa and Margery as YMBQ but it will be dany..

LoL some people hate a fictional character so much they can't even write anything good about them but have to mention them even if the thread is not about them..and seems like they can't think about any other character than the character they hate so much.

On 7/13/2016 at 2:58 AM, Onion Hound said:

Like I said...the number of children was incorrect. The valonqar was not mentioned in the show. If Cersei has always worried about the prophecy, why has she never even acknowledged Dany? You'd think she'd send more assassin's than Robert did. She saw Rhaegar, obviously Dany would be beautiful, and was a threat to Robert at her weakest. Surely Cersei would have to question this?

Remember the small council meeting with oberyn and tywin...she basically disregarded dany as a threat ..

Even joffery in season 3 knew dany was a threat..but cersei ignore her ..she ignores jamie as valanqor as well ...and this two will be the reason of her fall. .

1 hour ago, Drogonthedread said:

Remember the small council meeting with oberyn and tywin...she basically disregarded dany as a threat ..

Even joffery in season 3 knew dany was a threat..but cersei ignore her ..she ignores jamie as valanqor as well ...and this two will be the reason of her fall. .

I hear ya. But all I'm saying is (on the show), the valanqor is not mentioned. Maggy says 3 kids, when Cersei has had 4 that died. (The black haired beauty). So basically, the only thing we and cersei are looking for now is a younger queen to take over (which has literally happened to every queen)...I guess what I'm saying is this is one prophecy I don't think we worry too much about...and it just doesn't make sense that cersei wouldn't see Dany as a threat if she believed the prophecy. Maybe she stopped believing the day Tommen (her 4th child) was born...yet just continued to hate Tyrion because he's an imp etc..otherwise, none of it fits.

3 minutes ago, Onion Hound said:

I hear ya. But all I'm saying is (on the show), the valanqor is not mentioned. Maggy says 3 kids, when Cersei has had 4 that died. (The black haired beauty). So basically, the only thing we and cersei are looking for now is a younger queen to take over (which has literally happened to every queen)...I guess what I'm saying is this is one prophecy I don't think we worry too much about...and it just doesn't make sense that cersei wouldn't see Dany as a threat if she believed the prophecy. Maybe she stopped believing the day Tommen (her 4th child) was born...yet just continued to hate Tyrion because he's an imp etc..otherwise, none of it fits.

I believe valanqor will be mentioned in next season when it will be very relevant ..

But other than that i agree.  YMBQ and valanqor was important because its what basically shaped cersei's entire life and influenced lot of her decisions ..

And regarding the black haired baby that baby does not exist in the books and i think its just a continuity error on the part of show ..it would have been nice if they had said 4 children..

45 minutes ago, Drogonthedread said:

I believe valanqor will be mentioned in next season when it will be very relevant ..

But other than that i agree.  YMBQ and valanqor was important because its what basically shaped cersei's entire life and influenced lot of her decisions ..

And regarding the black haired baby that baby does not exist in the books and i think its just a continuity error on the part of show ..it would have been nice if they had said 4 children..

Yeah, hopefully they mention it. I wish they would have had her flashback, mentioning the valanqor and black haired baby right after Joffrey's death, before Tyrion's trial...It would have been more interesting/important  I think. It seems as if Cersei will be content with being queen in KL but I wonder if the mad queen will have a proactive approach in season 7. Maybe go after Sansa, the sand snakes, and tyrion before they go after her? 

Archived