There's Power in King's Blood

John Suburbs

On 18/07/2016 at 0:37 PM, John Suburbs said:

I'm not so sure about your take on Gregor. The eyes looking through the helm look awfully dead to me. The skin is all blue and nasty. Q was relieved of his chain not just for performing autopsies but killing people and trying to bring them back. Maybe he's using pure science and not magic, but it looks to me like G is the walking dead.

But what has been shown to indicate or imply that Gregor has died? The only scene since his fight with Oberyn, and his appearance as Robert Strong, he is still alive.

Pycell: "what do you think you are doing?" 

Qyburn: "Saving him."

Pycell: This man is not even a maester, let alone Grand Maester."

Qyburn: "That is for the best. No maester knows how to save him."

Cercei: "You can save him?"

Qyburn: "Difficult to say your grace. but if my past work is any guide...we stand a chance. You should know, the process may change him...somewhat."

This would indicate to me, that he was using some sort of means of keeping Gregor alive, as opposed to attempting to resurrect him, or using some form of necromancy. Qyburn states that the process will change him, this could explain Robert Strong's appearance. As well, Gregor could be technically dead now, as a result of whatever process Qyburn has used on him, but he was still alive when he started the procedure, as opposed to being a corpse.

Q was relieved of his chain not just for performing autopsies but killing people and trying to bring them back.

I don't think this has ever been established on the show. All that Pycell says is: 

"That is exactly the sort of arrogance that had him expelled from the Citadel, your Grace. His curiosity was deemed dangerous and unnatural."

I don't think this was the case even in the books, as I recall, the reasons for Qyburn being expelled from the Citadel were left ambiguous, and his experiments seemed to always be done on live subjects, thus him taking prisoners from the black cells, and Cercei giving Falyse over to him.

Archived